SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-16-07, 03:16 PM   #871
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Welcome aboard kaleuns LMD and isgrim

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-07, 03:58 AM   #872
Sardaukar67
Machinist's Mate

Downloads: 47
Uploads: 0

Just got SH III..very immersive game !!

Quick question..is there some sort of Introduction/Overview or ReadMe that explain what GWX modifies in game ? Or maybe someone could give me brief overview before I d/l those 700+ Mbs ? Or point me to one existing..there doesn't seem to be one on GWX page...
Sardaukar67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-07, 04:01 AM   #873
JScones
Navy Seal

Downloads: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sardaukar67
Just got SH III..very immersive game !!

Quick question..is there some sort of Introduction/Overview or ReadMe that explain what GWX modifies in game ? Or maybe someone could give me brief overview before I d/l those 700+ Mbs ? Or point me to one existing..there doesn't seem to be one on GWX page...
From the GWX webpage "Learn all about GWX first by reading the manual online! Click here!"

Enjoy!
JScones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-07, 04:05 AM   #874
Sardaukar67
Machinist's Mate

Downloads: 47

Thanks a lot !!
Sardaukar67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-07, 05:55 AM   #875
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Welcome aboard kaleun Sardaukar67

Hmm........you a Dune fan by any chance ? :hmm:

Old 03-18-07, 11:20 PM   #876
JScones
Navy Seal

Default Patch 1.03 coming soon...

FYI screenshots of some of the fixes coming in GWX Patch 1.03...

Swallowtail naval ensigns where appropriate (thanks to Diving Duck and Ref)

A fix for the stock SH3 missing gun turret texture problem (thanks to Ichneumon and Ref)

Corrected Leigh light placement on the Catalina plus numerous other aircraft fixes (thanks to SquareSteelBar)

These fixes are in addition to the two main features: a fix for the "sinking/floating" ships phenomenon (which actually exists in stock SH3 too - but to a lesser degree); and an official optional mod which reduces the positive buoyancy to near stock but maintaining the U-boat surface characteristics added by GWX. It's just a bit hard to get screenshots which show these aspects off.

Of course, you can also expect many campaign file enhancements plus many other minor corrections (I'll provide the full list closer to, or upon, release).

Testing is underway now and I hope to release the patch within a week or so.

And to answer the questions before they are asked:

1. The patch will be an installer and it will validate the selected folder in much the same way as the patch 1.02 installer did. The patch may have a slightly more relaxed verification routine this time, but I am still weighing this approach against the increased "since installing 1.03 my game crashes so GWX is buggy" posts it would bring. Hopefully everyone has learnt with 1.02 that subsequent crashes (especially when loading) are caused by not installing over a clean copy of GWX and perhaps more experienced members can help out the GWX devs and testers when these inevitable posts are made (indeed, the GWX webpage now provides the details on the installer messages and what they mean - for easier repeat linking. ).

2. The patch will not be released in JSGME/7z format.

3. The patch will include the contents of all previous patches and hotfixes. In other words, it can be installed over any previous version of GWX and replaces all previous hotfixes and patches.

4. The patch will be around 80mb.

5. The patch is a fix patch only - it will not contain new units or graphics. That is the focus of the *next* GWX update.

Hopefully this will reduce questions.

Last edited by JScones; 03-18-07 at 11:53 PM.
Old 03-19-07, 04:45 AM   #877
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

My tester went in without a hitch Jaeson...so obviously it works fine...so we await the tide of potential questions similarly experienced with GWX and v1.02 (I sincerely hope not)
Just one initial question!!....could you not have sent a beta copy over to the West Indies ?:hmm:
That might have kept Freddie in his room and out of trouble

Old 03-19-07, 05:48 AM   #878
JScones
Navy Seal

Hehe, no, but I sent it over to the English Rugby team. They spent all night trying to install it, thus come match time they were too buggered to withstand the Welsh onslaught.

:rotfl:
Old 03-19-07, 05:50 AM   #879
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by JScones
Hehe, no, but I sent it over to the English Rugby team. They spent all night trying to install it, thus come match time they were too buggered to withstand the Welsh onslaught.

AAAALLLLLLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRMM!!!! !!!!!

Old 03-19-07, 01:46 PM   #880
airwolf48453
Helmsman

Downloads: 201
Default where is it

I am looking for GWX Patch 1.02?
A Point Of Great Significance...Is The Keen Sensitivity Of The Wolf To The Condition Of It's Prey. In Judging What He Can Handle And What Should Prudently Be Left Alone, The Wolf Brings To His Daily Work Sophisticated Skills Completely Beyond Our Human Keen. These Are Made Possible By Inborn Capacities Effectively Tuned And Developed In The Young Wolf Through An Apprenticeship That Only The Capable Survive.
airwolf48453 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-07, 01:47 PM   #881
bigboywooly
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 35

Its underneath my sig

My mediafire page http://www.mediafire.com/?11eoq19bq9r41
bigboywooly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-07, 02:26 PM   #882
Alex
Dominant Wolf

Downloads: 30

Quote:

Swallowtail naval ensigns where appropriate (thanks to Diving Duck and Ref)

Such attention to this detail will be appreciated....
Looks awesome.
Now I'm waiting for the full list of corrections. :p
Old 03-20-07, 11:28 AM   #883
Grom
In the Brig

Downloads: 9

Quote:
Hi.
Sorry for bothering You, but i have some sugestions about the map of Europe in 1939, and submerging/surfacing of the submarine.
1st is about political map of Europe in september 1939:

As You can see names of the cities are in two different languages. Its just a small sugestion of changing them into german names as it looks bit weird. Please dont take my words as i would be over sensitive about Poland. I do think about the historical aspect only. Pillau & Danzig werent hostile to Germans. I didnt mention Danzig on the map, but in political situation major on concuil of Free City of Danzig was pro German and hostile to Poland. It was mentioned in Polish Navy war doctrine as concern of naval blocade of Danzig harbour. Pillau had German naval base and it was also hostile to Poland. Some of the startegic plans for using the submarines by Polish Navy were developed to attack any hostile vessel leaving and enetring harbours of Pillau and Danzig.

2nd thing is submerging the submarine.
As far as i am aware of these things. Submarine uses combined static and dynamic submerging/surfacing. However the fundamental for any possibility of submerge of submarine is to flood balast tanks. In this situation submarine can submerge without using the propelers and diving planes. In fact every sub can do this. It was the very first think that came to me when using GWX for the very first time. I could not stay submerge when stop the motors, and it is unrealistic.

Best regards.

Last edited by Grom; 03-20-07 at 12:28 PM.
Grom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-07, 11:39 AM   #884
fredbass
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grom
2nd thing is submerging the submarine.
As far as i am aware of these things. Submarine uses combined static and dynamic submerging/surfacing. However the fundamental for any possibility of submerge of submarine is to flood balast tanks. In this situation submarine can submerge without using the propelers and diving planes. In fact every sub can do this. It was the very first think that came to me when using GWX for the very first time. I could not stay submerge when stop the motors, and it is unrealistic.

Best regards.
The 1.03 patch that will be arriving pretty soon has addressed your submerging concern, though for now, you can stay submerged at periscope depth by setting your depth 3-4 meters deeper than required when moving at 1-2kts or stopped.
Old 03-20-07, 01:44 PM   #885
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

If you come to a full stop whilst submerged your boat will not float to the surface but rather rise a couple of metres....this copies the positive buoyancy of a submarine.
Fred has explained the adjustment you can look forward to in the forthcoming GWX v1.03....however you also have to consider that some people like GWX the way it is curently (v1.02)....so really i reckon it doesn't particularly matter what the buoyancy behaviour is because there will be those who approve and those who disapprove of whatever buoyancy type is used. :hmm:
There is always the choice of stock/vanilla 'hummingbird' for those who can't decide