SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific
Forget password? Reset here

Old 05-22-17, 08:50 AM   #16
LCQ_SH
Lieutenant

Downloads: 175
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnScurvy View Post
Here's what you should be seeing with the original OTC Attack Periscope:

You have "fractional" Telemeter Divisions, plus their "colored" green to help in night time reading.

The "Realistic Scopes" mod ("1.5_OTC Realistic Scopes for 16 to 9 RSRDCv502") does not have the fractional divisions, or have the green appearance. It doesn't have the "Divisions" centered in the scope lens either.

Hi CapnScurvy,

I think I never mentioned this before, but I'm playing in with a 1600x900 resolution but in your OTC says that the 16:9 patch only works for the 1920:1080, is that correct? If so, what could be the best resolution I could use then?
LCQ_SH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-17, 10:04 AM   #17
CapnScurvy
Admiral

Downloads: 474
Uploads: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCQ_SH View Post
Hi CapnScurvy,

I think I never mentioned this before, but I'm playing in with a 1600x900 resolution but in your OTC says that the 16:9 patch only works for the 1920:1080, is that correct? If so, what could be the best resolution I could use then?
A 1600x900 screen resolution is still a 16:9 Aspect Ratio. You'll be correct in using one of the 16 to 9 Aspect Ratio optional mods for the scope.

The difference in screen resolution isn't the key to having a correct screen size that accurately displays the games outside scope "camera", with the games Telemeter Division scope overlay.......it's the Aspect Ratio the screen uses. The difference in Aspect Ratio makes all the difference. Since both a 1920x1080, and a 1600x900 resolution have a 16:9 Aspect Ratio......you're good using the additional optical 16 to 9 Aspect Ratio mod for either.

The HMS Shannon vs. USS Chesapeake outside Boston Harbor June 1, 1813

USS Chesapeake Captain James Lawrence lay mortally wounded...
Quote:
.."tell the men to fire faster, fight 'till she sinks,..boys don't give up the ship!"
CapnScurvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-17, 10:35 AM   #18
LCQ_SH
Lieutenant

Downloads: 175
Uploads: 0

That's what I thought. Thanks!

One more thing. I don't know if this is normal but with the 16:9 patch, I do not have a full view of the bearing degrees. On the realistic scopes, I can barely see the divisions on the attack pers. whereas on the obs, I can only see the numbers (divisions are hidden upper in the screen). If I use the non realistic 16:9, I can see the bearing degrees (barely) in both scopes, but nothing like the screenshot you uploaded some posts above, will that be normal?

I just want to make sure my telemeter mast heights won't be messed up.
LCQ_SH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-17, 10:53 AM   #19
CapnScurvy
Admiral

Downloads: 474
Uploads: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCQ_SH View Post
That's what I thought. Thanks!

One more thing. I don't know if this is normal but with the 16:9 patch, I do not have a full view of the bearing degrees. On the realistic scopes, I can barely see the divisions on the attack pers. whereas on the obs, I can only see the numbers (divisions are hidden upper in the screen). If I use the non realistic 16:9, I can see the bearing degrees (barely) in both scopes, but nothing like the screenshot you uploaded some posts above, will that be normal?

I just want to make sure my telemeter mast heights won't be messed up.
Yes that's normal, and no the Telemeter Divisions won't be messed up, it will read accurately.

The HMS Shannon vs. USS Chesapeake outside Boston Harbor June 1, 1813

USS Chesapeake Captain James Lawrence lay mortally wounded...
Quote:
.."tell the men to fire faster, fight 'till she sinks,..boys don't give up the ship!"
CapnScurvy is offline   Reply With Quote