Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-01-18, 03:51 PM   #181
vienna
Navy Seal

Downloads: 85
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post
Maybe the Shifff Minion and his sycophant sidekick could find a forum that actually has Trump minions to troll. Psychologically and behaviorally you're exactly alike. The only noticeable difference really is you are polar opposites ideologically. They are out there you know, I just don't think you'll find them here. Here you guys are like watching some crazy dude having a contentious argument with a brick wall.
Looks like a nerve has been touched...

You know, instead of continually making personal attacks against other forum member when their views don't agree with yours and are actually making cogent arguments, and you find them so distressing, there is the option to exclude those posts from those individuals by changing your settings. That's what I would do if I were as worked up as you seem to be...

I'm sure you will respond with another one of your 'drive-by', 'fortune cookie' style, and length, responses...

<O>

Last edited by vienna; 03-01-18 at 04:00 PM.
vienna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-18, 04:48 PM   #182
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

Nerves? Not in the slightest. Just observation and recommendation in general that minions need each other to justify their own existence. But you don't have to do a dang thing. Keep right on doing what your doing if you want, I wont lose any sleep over it.

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.

Last edited by Rockstar; 03-01-18 at 04:56 PM.
Rockstar is online   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-18, 04:57 PM   #183
vienna
Navy Seal

Downloads: 85

<O>
Old 03-01-18, 07:07 PM   #184
Dowly
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post
Maybe the Shifff Minion and his sycophant sidekick could find a forum that actually has Trump minions to troll. Psychologically and behaviorally you're exactly alike. The only noticeable difference really is you are polar opposites ideologically. They are out there you know, I just don't think you'll find them here. Here you guys are like watching some crazy dude having a contentious argument with a brick wall.
Quoted for prosperity posterity.

Last edited by Dowly; 03-02-18 at 11:31 AM.
Dowly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-18, 06:21 AM   #185
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Cool heads everyone if you'd be so kind.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-18, 07:41 AM   #186
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
Cool heads everyone if you'd be so kind.

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.
Rockstar is online   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-18, 05:55 AM   #187
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

Quote:
"She was a nice person," her brother said.

"I mean maybe not today, but she never hurt any creature."
http://abcnews.go.com/US/family-alle...ry?id=54224487

The latest nutjob on a shooting spree. This time a woman, possibly, and even a vegan. Lookout world.

Old 04-04-18, 07:42 AM   #188
MaDef
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 5

not surprising, California is full of fruits,nuts & flakes.
MaDef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-18, 10:23 AM   #189
Buddahaid
Shark above Space Chicken

Downloads: 160

Unlike some other states that are just full of horses asses.

"Tomorrow belongs to those who can hear it coming."
David Bowie
Buddahaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-18, 10:51 AM   #190
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

Yeah, you have to wonder about these left wing types who are shrieking about all the PC agenda items, including animal cruelty, human rights, gun control. And then they go out on a shooting spree.

https://www.mercurynews.com/2018/04/...ry-at-company/
Old 04-04-18, 12:49 PM   #191
em2nought
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onkel Neal View Post
Yeah, you have to wonder about these left wing types who are shrieking about all the PC agenda items, including animal cruelty, human rights, gun control. And then they go out on a shooting spree.

https://www.mercurynews.com/2018/04/...ry-at-company/
I think it's a two for the price of one thing. Dealing a blow against the 2nd amendment, and a blow against the people who've triggered your "special" self with one "shot" as it were. Maybe a three for the price of one because you get to do it while your perceived Antichrist is President too. Knowing that the fake news is going to blame him somehow.
Old 08-23-18, 03:31 PM   #192
l02turner
Soundman

Downloads: 167
Default re Expelled Student Armed with Assault rifle ....

Sorry I am coming to this thread late (and by accident) I wanted to comment on a few things. First, the gun used was a shotgun, not normally described as a "Assault Rifle" which is an ambiguous term anyway.
2nd, none of the billionaires, corporations, celebrities, politicians, etc who jump immediately to calling for the banning of all guns as the only answer, have contributed to hardening the schools. There is only one group (the NRA) who are offering a comprehensive solution (free of charge to the schools btw) called "NRA School Shield" which paid for by contributions from NRA members, donors and foundations. School Shield consists of various components such as Preparedness, Prevention, Mitigation and Response among other things. But this isn't the place to go into the program. If interested, the NRA website will provide more info.
As far as the US seeking to ban guns, please be aware that any law attempting to do this will be ignored by those who need to be disarmed the most; Criminals. Criminals by definition do not obey laws and passing another anti-gun bill (we already have over 22,000 laws limiting the purchase & use of guns) only disarms those who the gun defends the best. Think of it this way, this isn't about guns as much as it is about self defense, a concept that goes back to when there were 2 humans and one was determined to do the other harm. It is a God given right to defend ourselves IMO and a gun allows those who are is too weak, outnumbered, etc to defend against those who wish to do them harm. For instance, I am disabled and spend much of my time in a wheelchair or using a walker to get around. I am what some might consider an "Easy Target". Well, this Target will not go easily. I train weekly at the range, know how to analyze a potential threat and will shoot if need be to stop an assault on me, my family or friends.
'nuff said...
As far as the shooter that had known mental and other problems, he had been identified to the police and FBI previously as someone who would likely shoot up the school in the near future and yet no one did enough to stop him. That's the sad part.
You are 100% correct that our kids must learn how to defend against such threats as they face today, but it's better than telling them to hide under a desk and hope they won't get shot. BTW, when I was in elem school we were taught how to prepare for a nuclear attack using tactics that would have helped little if at all. I guess preparing for a disaster is something we have to accept?
BTW, someone asked why Assault Rifles are sold? Because the term Assault Rifle is a term used by those wishing to ban all guns use to describe a semi-automatic rifle or shotgun. Yes, they do want to ban ALL guns, assault rifles are just the start. Semi autos have been in use since the early 20th Century. I assume you are talking about an AR15? It's a Semi auto just like the shotgun my grandfather passed down. And the AR is the most popular rifle in use today. It has been sold in the millions and I wish the background system were perfect but it's not, I wish we could prevent those with mental problems from obtaining firearms but it's not and won't be because of security issues surrounding the release of everyone's health records. But more govt access into the lives of the innocent isn't the answer.
Also, there are school shootings in other parts of the world that go on today. And in those places where guns bans are in place, the criminals still have guns. Thankfully, as horrific as school shootings are, they are incredibly rare which I know is little comfort if one of your kids were killed...
LarryT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander Wallace View Post
Looking at the reply's here, Catfish makes some good points. Maybe it's time to see how Germany, the U.K and others deal with things to keep their kids safe. It has been reported by the news media that along with fire drills, students now have armed intruder drills as well. It's a sad statement that along with learning algebra and chemistry, students must now learn how to survive in the face of crazed individuals who are armed and invading their school.

My question is why were the entry ways not secure ? There should be one or perhaps two entry points equipped with metal detectors and perhaps armed operators. Doors could also be equipped with remote locking mechanisms and have LEO personnel on speed dial. There is no way an armed individual with known disciplinary problems should have been able to gain access to that school.

In light of what Jim had said about the number of shootings and their prevalence, it's criminal negligence not to have safe guards like these and more in place to protect our kids. Especially considering how often this is happening now.
l02turner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-18, 09:21 PM   #193
Delgard
Skipper

Downloads: 48

Just 2 cents... European countries have a different culture about guns. It is their culture and we (United States) have a different one.

The American culture has always seen the personal need for guns; hunting, personal protection, defense against an unjust/illegal authority. That last one may be a doosie, but it is there.

What America had more of in the ages past was individual responsibility, parental responsibility, family responsibility and, even neighborly responsibility. Large parts of American society have lost the value of those responsibilities.

If something makes those responsibilities stronger, I am for it...even for myself.

Are there examples of some of those responsibilities and why? I'll start:

- Never to have unsecured weapons in the home. It can lead to someone getting hurt that the law-abiding responsible owner believes is illegal and morally wrong.
Delgard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-18, 07:29 PM   #194
l02turner
Soundman

Downloads: 167
date re Our American Culture

Agree completely! BTW, the liberals are always going on about how we should respect and preserve other people cultures but I never hear anyone standing up for Our American Culture. Of course the left, the media, main stream news and Hollywood would never dream there is a American Culture worth preserving.
l02turner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-18, 05:29 PM   #195
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

While pro-gunners and anti-gunners throw words, statistic and expert against each other….

Innocent civilians suffer

Markus
mapuc is online   Reply With Quote