SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Sub/Naval + Other Games > Sub/Naval & General Games Discussion
Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-13-12, 12:24 PM   #811
Krauter
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 102
Uploads: 1

Ou very nice, I'm about 5 skills away from Ebony so can't wait to deck out my next companion in it.
Old 01-13-12, 12:44 PM   #812
frau kaleun
Rear Admiral

Location: Skyri--oh who are we kidding, I'm probably at Lowe's. Again.
Downloads: 168
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by mookiemookie View Post
30 in-game days.
Ah, probably time for me to revisit a couple places in Whiterun then. Grab some free ore and snag some animal hides on the way, with what I've got on hand I should be able to do some serious enchanting.

I also got the Transmute spell very early with this character so I end up just buying all the iron ore I can wherever it's available. That way I'm never lacking in silver and gold to forge jewelry with all the nice gemstones I find. It's also kind of fun to buy iron ore from Warmaiden's, run home, turn it into gold ore, hit up the smelter and sell the gold ingots at a handsome profit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krauter View Post
Ou very nice, I'm about 5 skills away from Ebony so can't wait to deck out my next companion in it.
I have the ebony armor with my previous character - who I may go back and play again, now that I know how to get back into the character creation menu and can tweak her a little (mistyped the name the first time around and didn't know how to change it and it always bugged me). I know the Daedric and Dragon armors can give a bit of a boost in protection but really the Ebony is so beautiful I hated even to think of parting with it. The Daedric doesn't look too bad but the Dragon armor is just butt ugly. I'm just hoping there's a mod out there that does it over into something more aesthetically pleasing by the time I'm ready to make the stuff.
frau kaleun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-12, 01:26 PM   #813
Krauter
Ocean Warrior

Aye I really like the look of the Ebony and Daedric armours. Also yes it is a one-month time that needs to go by for mines to regain their ore deposits.
Old 01-15-12, 04:19 PM   #814
Krauter
Ocean Warrior

Has anyone done the Daedric Quests yet? Which ones are best to start first?
Old 01-15-12, 04:50 PM   #815
mookiemookie
Navy Seal

Downloads: 105

Quote:
Has anyone done the Daedric Quests yet? Which ones are best to start first?
  • If you don't mind a bit of murder and you have a thing for blunt weapons, look for the abandoned house in Markarth. Tell the man standing outside it that you'll help him investigate it.
  • Look for a guy named Sam Guenvere in any tavern in any town (he randomly shows up). Take him up on his offer for a drinking contest.
  • If you're in Solitude, look for a crazy beggar wandering the streets of Solitude. Take what he gives you to the Blue Palace.

These are three good ones to start out with...the rewards are very nice for each.

Want more U-boat Kaleun portraits for your SH3 Commander Profiles? Download the SH3 Commander Portrait Pack here.
mookiemookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-12, 05:05 PM   #816
seaniam81
Commodore

Downloads: 87

Ya I've done two of them. The first was easy take a dog back to the shrine, and get a war axe for the guy. The second was retrieve a sword and then kill some necromancers. Easy peasy.

seaniam81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-12, 05:18 PM   #817
Krauter
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
  • If you don't mind a bit of murder and you have a thing for blunt weapons, look for the abandoned house in Markarth. Tell the man standing outside it that you'll help him investigate it.
  • Look for a guy named Sam Guenvere in any tavern in any town (he randomly shows up). Take him up on his offer for a drinking contest.
  • If you're in Solitude, look for a crazy beggar wandering the streets of Solitude. Take what he gives you to the Blue Palace.

These are three good ones to start out with...the rewards are very nice for each.
Ah thanks for the quick response! I have found my good 'ole drinking buddy Sam, but he's dissapeared Seems we had a fun night together and I can't see past the drunken haze

Mostly I'm looking for a good 1H sword or bow that I can use to complement my current main weapon.

Also, must find Azura's Shrine as quickly as possible. Her gift is da bomb.
Old 01-15-12, 07:15 PM   #818
mookiemookie
Navy Seal

Downloads: 105

Quote:
Ah thanks for the quick response! I have found my good 'ole drinking buddy Sam, but he's dissapeared Seems we had a fun night together and I can't see past the drunken haze

Mostly I'm looking for a good 1H sword or bow that I can use to complement my current main weapon.

Also, must find Azura's Shrine as quickly as possible. Her gift is da bomb.
Head west of Solitude. You'll see the shrine marker for Meridia's Statue on your compass. You'll be happy with the quest reward.

Want more U-boat Kaleun portraits for your SH3 Commander Profiles? Download the SH3 Commander Portrait Pack here.
mookiemookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-12, 07:21 PM   #819
Takeda Shingen
Navy Seal

Downloads: 19

Quote:
Head west of Solitude. You'll see the shrine marker for Meridia's Statue on your compass. You'll be happy with the quest reward.
SPOILER

Don't you have to run across Meridia's Beacon before the quest will activate? I always found it first.

END SPOILER
Takeda Shingen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-12, 07:25 PM   #820
Krauter
Ocean Warrior

Aye I hear Dawnbreaker is quite a nice piece. I've already "talked" to the statue, just haven't gotten around to actually doing it
Old 01-16-12, 12:56 PM   #821
Ducimus
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 67
Uploads: 2

Drive by posting with conclusions by Captain Obvious:

- Skill level is much more important then character level.
- Focus on a very limited skill set. Avoid leveling with skills that do not contribute to what your primary focus is.
- Power leveling smithing when your combat skills are not up to par is not healthy.

Ducimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-12, 03:33 PM   #822
soopaman2
Der Alte

Downloads: 61

I never tried an outright smith. I want to, but do not see the point.

I just feel as if I would be gimped if I do not perk up my combats. I find shield skills, and stealth multipliers so much more useful, and by the time I have points to spare for smithing, I am finding better gear on quests, and in dungeons/caves.

I am a light armour kinda guy. And a mixture of Dark brotherhood, and thieves guildmaster armor is more than adequate for the whole game, I see no point IMHO. Heavy armor seems like a waste (weight kills inventory space) and is a disadvantage no matter what. (IMHO) Less inventory holding, more encumbrance, while offering no advantage to light armor at high perk levels. I would rather take the extra weight in potions, than protection. Makes me more versatile.

-Winston Churchill-

The most fascinating man in the world.
soopaman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-12, 03:37 PM   #823
Takeda Shingen
Navy Seal

Downloads: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by soopaman2 View Post

I just feel as if I would be gimped if I do not perk up my combats. I find shield skills, and stealth multipliers so much more useful, and by the time I have points to spare for smithing, I am finding better gear on quests, and in dungeons/caves.

I am a light armour kinda guy. And a mixture of Dark brotherhood, and thieves guildmaster armor is more than adequate for the whole game, I see no point IMHO. Heavy armor seems like a waste (weight kills inventory space) and is a disadvantage no matter what. (IMHO) Less inventory holding, more encumbrance, while offering no advantage to light armor at high perk levels. I would rather take the extra weight in potions, than protection. Makes me more versatile.
Exactly how I play. Glad to see a fellow [virtual] criminal on these boards.
Takeda Shingen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-12, 03:48 PM   #824
soopaman2
Der Alte

Downloads: 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takeda Shingen View Post
Exactly how I play. Glad to see a fellow [virtual] criminal on these boards.
It's a middle atlantic thing. Just proves that all Yankees (american usage of the word:as in northerner) are scum, guttersnipes

The joy of this game is that I know it is possible. It would be awkward to me, but possible.

My cousin plays this game heavy armor, 2 handed weapon, smither, and finds my favored stealth methods boring, and time consuming. Me on the other hand feel naked without a shield, and love the momentary stun a bash gives to the enemy.

This game is awesome because it lets you be whatever you want, or everything.

-Winston Churchill-

The most fascinating man in the world.
soopaman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-12, 04:38 PM   #825
Krauter
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by soopaman2 View Post

One of the Heavy Armor Perks allows 0 encumbrance. But I also play as a light armor kind of person. Only reason I smith if for companions.

Edit: Dual wielding katanas as an assassin is awesome.