SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 10-27-09, 04:21 PM   #121
Webster
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducimus View Post
Anyway, thats why those two files are there. My question now is, does this eyeball fix work? If so, how does it work?

when i looked at it for GFO i found that people who didnt have a problem with eyes before were actually given the missing eyeball bug when i included these files.

you probably have a better idea why that is then i do but it was something i found issue with.

it seems some peoples computers get the bug and others dont and i even got comments that two people with the same hardware, one had missing eyes and the other didnt so i think drivers effect it too.

i hope this info is usefull in some way
Old 10-27-09, 04:26 PM   #122
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

Quote:
Originally Posted by WEBSTER View Post
did you not understand the "off with their heads" animation as a response to your harsh words about TMO?

ducimus has been around a long time and chose to just leave it at that and not get into a further discussion about it.

i would caution you to remember that people help others when they feel the help is appreciated but we are not hear to "serve" you or to be treated as thou we owe you help in any way.

please remember you are "asking" for help and you should try to be less critical of someone elses mod. if you dont like it thats fine and saying why you dont like it is fine too but its not necessary to insult others work.

this comment was totally out of line and uncalled for and serves no purpose except to invite further negative comments.

Agreed. It's not necessary to be sarcastic and rude to other members. Infraction given.
Old 10-27-09, 04:32 PM   #123
Webster
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rfxcasey View Post
I have 1.4 installed and had the missing eyes. I bought 1.5 Uboat missions and still have the eye problem. Installed TMO 1.7 and still have the problem. Installed the eyefix and still have the problem. Dude someone has got to fix this crap it runes the whole game. Is there a fix that actually works. I read some people had sucess with JSGME but I can't find the latest version for sh4. Really would love some help as I have no other showstopping issues with this game but the eye thing is unbarable.
in most cases its driver related so update your video drivers to the latest version and that should fix the eyes, if not the eye fix should work for you after you update your drivers.

in rare cases it could be a video card issue, what video card are you using and what is the driver version you are using for it?
Old 10-28-09, 05:44 AM   #124
Nisgeis
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 77
Uploads: 11

rfxcasey, there are two files in use in TMO that mirror some funtionality in each other. The mod combines the extras that Ducimus put into TMO in the two files, which was something to do with the models in 1.5 being better defined. Having the extra file with this mod causes problems, due to the way the game will load everything up.

If you install the mod with JSGME, then the extra file will be deleted as it has an instruction for JSGME to remove the extra file. If you don't install the mod with JSGME, you will get duplicate IDs and it won't work the way it was intended. If you want to install the mod manually, you need to put the new file in place and remove the extra one by hand, I think it's called marine2.dat. Either way, there should only be one marine*.dat file in the directory.

In short, installing with JSGME will remove the extra file for you and is much easier. You don't need a specific version of JSGME for Silent Hunter, as it's not tied to the game you use it on. If you need any more help, PM me.
Old 02-20-10, 07:39 PM   #125
Nordmann
Commodore

Downloads: 62
Uploads: 0

Sorry to drag up an old thread, but I can't seem to find any reference to this bug apart from this one. Having recently installed UBM, I noticed that my watch crew are rather lacking in the visual department! I tried the mod listed here, but the result is all crew losing their eyes (poor bastards).

Does anyone have a fix, or know of one aside from this? I'd be grateful if you could point me in the right direction.
Old 02-21-10, 09:44 AM   #126
Nisgeis
Ocean Warrior

Did you take the individual folder out of the main one? E.G. there's one folder called 'Eye Patch Pack' and in that there are three sub folders. If your JSGME says 'Eye Patch Pack' then it isn't installed poperley.
Old 02-21-10, 11:10 AM   #127
Nordmann
Commodore

I used the sub folder "Eye Patch for Stock", and installed using JSGME. As I said earlier, the result is missing eyes across my entire crew, whereas before it was just the watch. It's a damned odd bug, not game-breaking, but it does rather spoil the immersion.
Old 02-21-10, 11:24 AM   #128
Nisgeis
Ocean Warrior

There was talk of there being a 'no eyes' anti-piracy device, but apart from that and this problem here, where the eyes are still there, but just way back inside their heads, no idea. Sorry.
Old 02-21-10, 02:57 PM   #129
Nordmann
Commodore

Weird. I didn't have this problem with 1.4, so it seems as if 1.5 introduced it, at least for me.
Old 02-21-10, 08:00 PM   #130
Frederf
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 79
Uploads: 1

This fix makes the eyes not disappear but has the problem that they don't do away >4x TC so while the sailor models go away, the eye stay at higher TC floating alone. Is this fixable?
Frederf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-10, 09:46 PM   #131
IRISH4Life
Torpedoman

Downloads: 800

Yes when I was using 1.4 it did that. If I went to time lapse the watch would disappear but his eyes would still be there. It was sort of funny. Felt like I was being watched. havent had the issue with the eyes since I went to 1.05.

IRISH4life
IRISH4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-10, 08:12 PM   #132
OneDominatus
Watch

Downloads: 11

Hi there, many thanks for this fix, it was really really bothering me and I was close to returning to the flight sim world beforehand!

I couldn't get the fix to work until I read some chap's post from a page or so back that mentioned that you have to delete marine2 file before applying the fix, perhaps this info should be added to the first post and readme.

Cheers Dom
OneDominatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-10, 12:36 PM   #133
Daniel Jackson
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 26

Thanks for this patch. Really took care of something I found very annoying. : )
Daniel Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-10, 11:02 PM   #134
Nordmann
Commodore

Right, it's dragging up time again, because I've still got this issue and it's damned frustrating!

Using this fix, my watch are given eyes (pure white, no other detail), but the rest of the crew have black pits. I have verified, by clipping into the models, that the eyes have been moved back into their heads.

Now, I don't know what the hell's going on, the fix works for some, but not others. The problem was not present when I was using 1.4, as soon as I installed UBM, the problem appeared (along with missing gauges in most of the Fleet Boat bridges).

Does anyone have any further solutions that may work? Because if not, it seems I'm going to have to shelve SH4 and go back to SH3, which at least does not have ridiculous graphical issues.
Old 07-20-10, 11:49 AM   #135
rfxcasey
Bosun

Downloads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webster View Post
did you not understand the "off with their heads" animation as a response to your harsh words about TMO?

ducimus has been around a long time and chose to just leave it at that and not get into a further discussion about it.

i would caution you to remember that people help others when they feel the help is appreciated but we are not hear to "serve" you or to be treated as thou we owe you help in any way.

please remember you are "asking" for help and you should try to be less critical of someone elses mod. if you dont like it thats fine and saying why you dont like it is fine too but its not necessary to insult others work.

this comment was totally out of line and uncalled for and serves no purpose except to invite further negative comments.
Really, so what WAS exactly the insulting part of my original post? You never did clarify. Cause as far as I am concerned there was none and none intended, only the one perceived incorrectly. Perhaps YOU didn't notice the at the end of my post. I don't feel I should have to justify my opinion when it is misconstrued (wrongly) as an insult. If anything I feel I was insulted by the smearing of my intentions. There is no sense in reasoning then, though I tried it was of no use. You'll probably take that as an insult too. Though it wasn't, just my opinion. Please don't respond to this post even though you won't be able to resist. You got your way, I am not coming back here so that should make you happy. Mission accomplished.

Last edited by rfxcasey; 07-20-10 at 12:01 PM.
rfxcasey is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
eye patch