SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-21-13, 07:00 PM   #91
J0313
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 1789
Uploads: 0

Hello Traveller. Anxiuosly awaiting your next installment. Keep up the good work.
J0313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-13, 05:17 AM   #92
Traveller
Captain

Downloads: 89

Sorry for the delay, everyone. I found a serious problem after uploading, and removed it. But all is good (hopefully). I decided to go ahead and add a bunch more new features. That was the main reason for the long delay. This is a big update. I've put a lot of time and effort making and testing it. I'm quite pleased with it. Please let me know if you like it.

v2.1

- Added custom enemy land-based fuel storage tanks. These large fuel storage tanks can be destroyed with surface guns, and will explode easily when hit. When destroyed, they will burn for approximately two days. New explosion and fire graphics are included. Secondary explosions also added for atmosphere. These new fuel storage tanks are now located around various enemy ports and seaplane bases. Once destroyed, they are destroyed for good. They will not be rebuilt again later. More locations to come in future versions. Also included are two custom campaign mission where the captain is assigned to destroy fuel storage tanks in enemy ports.

- Added customized landed/floating versions of various float planes. These include American PBY-4, plus Japanese F1M, H6K, and H8K. All include damage models and static propellers. You will find these planes parked near a few various float plane bases and harbors. More locations to come in future versions.

- Added groups of enemy bomber and figher patrols around the Japanese main islands. These groups consist of 6-8 aircraft, and will attack on sight.

- Added new G4M torpedo bombers. These bombers now carry a single torpedo and will attack from low altitude. Also added new level B5N2 bombers. These small bombers will drop bombs from medium-high altitude.

- Added Allied fighter patrols near Freemantle, Brisbane, Midway, and Pearl Harbor. If you notice any of these aircraft buzzing the port, get their number and report them!

- Added Nakajima A6M2-N floatplane patrols. Also added guns and bombs to them. They will now strafe and bomb.

- Added Zero fighter patrols. Also, all enemy bases now have some type of fighter cover.

- Added guns to F1M Pete patrol planes. They will now make multiple strafe runs.

- Increased firepower damage of Zero 20mm cannon shells. Also reduced shell storage amounts down to more historical amounts.

- Reduced aircraft shadow patrol amounts. There will now be fewer shadow aircraft patrols, and in return, more attack aircraft patrols. Now for about every three enemy aircraft patrols launched, one will be a shadow patrol (~33%). This should somewhat reduce the large swarms of shadow aircraft following the sub around on the surface.

- Torpedo Scandal revisited. Mk 14 torpedoes now have higher failure rates. Until now, (in my opinion) it was still too easy to rack up high tonnage scores in the early years of the war with the Mk 14 torpedo. No more. Hopefully this will reflect more historical torpedo failure rates and patrol tonnage amounts from 1941-1943. Get ready for the same frustration actual captains had to deal with.

- Changed the completion of defect fixes of Mk14 torpedoes to a more historical date of September 1943. Also added radio messages based on historical dates telling captains what detonater to use.

- Restored the original aircraft map icons on the strategic map for practical gameplay reasons. You will be able to see aircraft icons again when zoomed in close.

- Added a few new campaign game radio messages and War News events in the captain's office.

- Rescue Sub 1.2 and Hardcore patches are now merged and permanent features of Traveller Mod.

- Corrected the problem with the H6K and H8K lower altitude patrols not launching in career games.

- Corrected the Subchaser ship ID that was still showing in the periscope, TDB, and map views.

- Updated optional No Midway Transfer patch to be compatible with Traveller Mod v2.1

Download v2.1 here: http://www.mediafire.com/?k0wdzwx1wwc3wuw

Last edited by Traveller; 04-22-13 at 06:50 AM.
Traveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-13, 06:32 AM   #93
fitzcarraldo
Argentinian Skipper

Downloads: 3219

Many thanks Traveller! Downloading now v2.1, and trying...

Best regards!

Fitzcarraldo

My subject is War, and the pity of War. The Poetry is in the pity - Wilfred Owen.
fitzcarraldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-13, 06:37 AM   #94
arnahud2
Frogman

Downloads: 724

Thank you so much for 2.1 version, Traveller

arnahud2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-13, 06:49 AM   #95
Traveller
Captain

Hope you all like it. It's by no means finished, but from now on there will be fewer and smaller improvements and added features. I do plan on adding more fuel storage tanks near enemy ports, plus I want to add more landed enemy seaplanes.

Here are a few screenshots showing some of the new v2.1 features:

The new Fuel Storage Tanks:

Shelling enemy fuel storage tanks at Wake:

Shelling fuel storage tanks at about 6 miles:

Landed PBY-4's at Midway:

Landed enemy floatplanes at Wake:

Last edited by Traveller; 04-22-13 at 07:03 AM.
Old 04-22-13, 09:13 AM   #96
fitzcarraldo
Argentinian Skipper

Downloads: 3219

Dear Traveller: Are you using the TMO 25 default environment? Simply, my TMO 25 sea don´t look as yours. I have problems of black-greyish shadows on the sea, and looks very bad.

Many thanks!

Fitzcarraldo

My subject is War, and the pity of War. The Poetry is in the pity - Wilfred Owen.
fitzcarraldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-13, 09:42 AM   #97
Traveller
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzcarraldo View Post
Dear Traveller: Are you using the TMO 25 default environment? Simply, my TMO 25 sea don´t look as yours. I have problems of black-greyish shadows on the sea, and looks very bad.

Many thanks!

Fitzcarraldo
Actually, Traveller Mod uses the game's original water shaders. If you want TMO water shaders, inside the Traveller Mod, just delete the 'Water' folder inside the 'Shaders' folder before installing.

I found a couple of problems I missed (circle runner torps, etc). I'll have a small patch fix uploaded by tomorrow.

Last edited by Traveller; 04-22-13 at 10:55 AM.
Old 04-23-13, 01:12 AM   #98
Traveller
Captain

Ok, patch is up.

This is a tempory patch to fix a couple of problems I missed in v2.1. You may or may not need to start a new campaign game after installing this patch. But you MUST at least install in port while between campaign missions. Do not install while on patrol.

Fixes:

- Corrected leftover test version aircraft names

- Corrected crash caused by A6M2-N Rafe aircraft

- Readjusted torpedo circle runner rates and gyro deviations.

Just install this patch last after Traveller mod v2.1.

** Please note- these fixes will also be included in the next Traveller Mod v2.11 release.

Download Traveller Mod Mini Patch v2.1a here: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?h5rzz7a7hs2nglt
Old 04-23-13, 06:33 AM   #99
Traveller
Captain

I've finally found a workaround and fixed the bulkheads collapsing sounds when a ship sinks. It's always been broken in SH4, and you could only hear the sounds if you were within just a couple hundred feet of the sinking ship. So basically, you never hear those sounds. Being a hard-coded bug, adjusting the distance and volume made no difference. That's one thing I always missed hearing in Silent Hunter 4... those death creaks and moans when a dying ship sinks. Really adds to the atmosphere of the game. Creepy.

The fix works really well, and I will be including it in the next update of Traveller Mod.

Last edited by Traveller; 04-23-13 at 08:08 AM.
Old 04-23-13, 08:15 AM   #100
Kelly621
Officer

Downloads: 336

Quote:
I've finally found a workaround and fixed the bulkheads collapsing sounds when a ship sinks
Thanks Traveller!.....looking forward to this in the next update.

Kelly621
Kelly621 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-13, 08:53 AM   #101
Traveller
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly621 View Post
Thanks Traveller!.....looking forward to this in the next update.

Kelly621
I'm excited about this fix. I've been wanting to restore those great ship sinking sounds since SH4 was released.

By the way, in my current v2.11 test campaign... We were west of Tokyo, an H8K patrol plane spotted us, so we dove to periscope depth. Air radar showed he wasn't following us anymore. Then out of nowhere came another patrol plane and bombed us twice while we were under. He must have been elite to spot our air antenna. Aft part of the sub took extreme damage. Torpedo and Engine room bulkheads destroyed. All crew in both compartments badly injured and permanently incapacitated. Diesel engines, propellers, electric motors, compressor, and rudder destroyed. But thankfully Mr. Fix-It was unhurt. Now he is currently working on trying to partially restore those destroyed engines, rudder, and propellers. Heavy flooding. I don't know if we'll make it...

Last edited by Traveller; 04-23-13 at 09:49 AM.
Old 04-23-13, 10:59 AM   #102
Traveller
Captain

Well, we didn't make it. Other aircraft came in and attacked while we were drifting helplessly on the surface. We quickly sank after several more heavy air attacks.
Old 04-23-13, 11:20 AM   #103
Armistead
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 364

Trav,

Seems we once talked about increasing visuals for sub crew to the horizon, maybe you mentioned adding a node to smoke. Anyway, I can get crew to call out ships to the horizon during the day, but the overall visuals at night are too much. With clear weather seems I had it around 10nms day, 6nms night. I use a lot of light at night with my env which also increases night visuals. Just trying to figure a way to get the crew to have the same visuals that I do. Scury gave me an idea, but PC blew before I could try it, but I could find the thread.

Also, you made me a mod for my idea of saving people out of rafts the same as pilots, did you include any missions using that in this mod?

Did you look into placing a collision node on depth charge? Be nice to have it bounce off your sub if it could be done.

Anyway, my PC should be out of the shop this week, can't wait to try your updated mod.

You see my dog don't like people laughing. He gets the crazy idea you're laughing at him. Now if you apologize like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.
Armistead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-13, 06:55 PM   #104
Traveller
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armistead View Post
Trav,

Seems we once talked about increasing visuals for sub crew to the horizon, maybe you mentioned adding a node to smoke. Anyway, I can get crew to call out ships to the horizon during the day, but the overall visuals at night are too much. With clear weather seems I had it around 10nms day, 6nms night. I use a lot of light at night with my env which also increases night visuals. Just trying to figure a way to get the crew to have the same visuals that I do. Scury gave me an idea, but PC blew before I could try it, but I could find the thread.

Also, you made me a mod for my idea of saving people out of rafts the same as pilots, did you include any missions using that in this mod?

Did you look into placing a collision node on depth charge? Be nice to have it bounce off your sub if it could be done.

Anyway, my PC should be out of the shop this week, can't wait to try your updated mod.
Hey Armistead. I'm happy to hear you'll be getting your PC back soon. I think you'll like the new Traveller Mod 2.11. There are so many recent new features and changes. And I really toned down the number of enemy air patrols. They will still launch extra aircraft if detected, but not like before. And there are also fewer shadow aircraft patrols now.

Regarding the rescuable life raft mod, I completely forgot about making that (it was over a year ago). I'll try to add a few campaign missions with that feature in the next version.

I'll also try to make it where you'll depth charges bounce off the sub. Shouldn't be too hard.

And your smoke on the horizon idea is great. Sounds like you made a lot of progress on that. I'll try to think of some ideas that might help.
Old 04-23-13, 07:02 PM   #105
BillBam
Watch Officer

Downloads: 171

I guess I will have to set up a second install and play around a bit, this all sounds so good!