Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-05-10, 05:05 PM   #331
Weather-guesser
Lieutenant

Downloads: 72
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by kylania View Post
I did a German voices install and have English subtitles. Not everything is subtitled though, but most important stuff.
Thank you kind sir.

NAVY! It's not just a job. It's a Buck Seventy-Five an hour!
Weather-guesser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-10, 06:14 PM   #332
B_O_L_T
Seaman

Downloads: 182

My most annoying list, the things that are pissing me off, and have me ready to throw my copy out the window. There are others but these are sapping my will to play right now as they seem to happen all the time and for no apparent reason.
In no particular order:

1.Crew responses to commands like change direction/depth, and report various data are no longer displayed on the combat log and the associated audio responses disappear too
2.Having any command mapped with the ctrl key will pull you out of the 2d map when used.
3.Switching between free look and mouse cursor can become bugged, preventing you from switching, requires the user to hit esc to force a state change.
4.Scopes and uzo still will not work in certain random circumstances.
5.Commanding the crew to crash dive is sometimes ignored (no. not when I am still on deck)
6.Switching across different views minimises the tai.
7.Sometimes cannot target enemy with the uzo or scopes until a member of the crew reports it has been sighted.
8.Cannot complete spy and commando insertion missions, as reaching the target locations does nothing and it is impossible to send them on their way.
9. Occasionally sonar tracks are not displayed on the tai even though they are shown on the 2d map, the only way to fix it is to take control of sonar myself while the tai is displayed
10 various factors are not being saved, such as weather, morale and equipment damage
B_O_L_T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-10, 06:31 PM   #333
dotChuckles
Nub

Downloads: 43

Found a really alarming bug...

When synchronising saved games SH5 appears to occasionally synchronise your saved games to a state from the last time you synced with the servers!

I just lost a whole evening's patroling. Very very annoyed. I stacked up some serious tonnage too.

I thought this "cloud computing" saved games system was suppost to prevent you loosing your saved games... not create a BS situation where it looses them for you.
dotChuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-10, 07:41 PM   #334
vanvar1987
Swabbie

Downloads: 110
Default Cannot maintain depth

I have big problem here. I don’t like the pre-set depth buttons (Dive and Crash Dive). So I like to use the advanced menu’s depth controls (holding Ctrl). I set the depth at 90M. Everything works fine. If I set it any deeper like 120M or even 150M the ship keeps diving and eventually gets crushed. Yes I can stop it by ordering a new depth of something like 90M again. Either I stay at 150M or I’ll go to 90M. I thought I was crazy so I downloaded a mod called, Command Keys 1.03

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/down...o=file&id=1553

So now I have the option to hold my current depth now. I tried the above again only to dive out of control after an order of 120M+. I pressed the Hold Current Depth button to find that the dive planes were actually trying to hold my depth. So I increased speed all the way to flank and I came up form 170 something to my hold off order of 150M.

I think what I’m trying to say is that in order for me (or others perhaps) to stay deep I have to engage flank speeds. I don’t like that at all. Are you guys experiencing the same problem???

Let me know so I don’t feel crazy.
vanvar1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-10, 08:04 PM   #335
Therion_Prime
Helmsman

Downloads: 27

The AI flak gunners often aim WAY too low with all 2cm Flaks.
The 3.7cm flak works fine and is deadly accurate. It has the same audio as the 2cm tho and the high rate of fire is almost unbelievable.
Therion_Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-10, 08:09 PM   #336
Ducimus
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 67
Uploads: 2

RE: Cannot maintain depth

I knew that one would make its way from SH4. In SH4, the cut off depth was 600 feet (183 meters) exceed that and you had to go to flank speed in order to maintain depth and not drift into the abyss. I can't wait tell other people notice this bug. The amount of screaming this one will cause will be epic.
Ducimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-10, 08:55 PM   #337
jlederer
Bosun

Downloads: 47
Default Repeated sightings of "task force"

Although it's a convoy, no destroyers or other warships present, and I'm right in the middle of it, underwater, someone keeps telling me "task force sighted".
jlederer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-10, 09:15 PM   #338
CCIP
Navy Seal

Downloads: 29
Uploads: 2

Just a minor glitch - after a couple of hours of play, most of it in 3D on the bridge, the water droplets got stuck on the screen and wouldn't go away. Just a slight irritation, went away on save reload.

There are only forty people in the world and five of them are hamburgers.
-Don Van Vliet
(aka Captain Beefheart)
CCIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-10, 09:16 PM   #339
vanvar1987
Swabbie

Downloads: 110

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducimus View Post

I knew that one would make its way from SH4. In SH4, the cut off depth was 600 feet (183 meters) exceed that and you had to go to flank speed in order to maintain depth and not drift into the abyss. I can't wait tell other people notice this bug. The amount of screaming this one will cause will be epic.

Really? I did not know that. I had SH4 V1.5 with the U-boat missions and never had a problem. Perhaps I did not notice it. That would however explain my problem. If I could figure out how & where that setting is stored, we should be able to change it. I'll look for it for now.
vanvar1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-10, 09:33 PM   #340
Reece
CINC Pacific Fleet

Downloads: 171

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducimus View Post

Yeh I still have to laugh at their "All new code"!

Sub captains go down with their ship!

Last edited by Reece; 03-05-10 at 11:06 PM.
Reece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-10, 10:31 PM   #341
vonce1
A-ganger

Downloads: 23

anybody experienced problem with issuing cease fire to deck gun?

I tried deselect the gun target (in binoculars), no luck. In order to cease fire I had to dive...
Old 03-06-10, 02:51 AM   #342
rik007
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 117

This game is a full disaster and I'm affraid it is beyond repair. It's much worse than SH-2, SH-3 and SH-4 at introduction or am I totally drunk???

rik007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-10, 02:54 AM   #343
Highbury
The Old Man

Downloads: 174

My camo disappeared half way through my last patrol
Highbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-10, 03:01 AM   #344
Frederf
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 79
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by rik007 View Post
This game is a full disaster and I'm affraid it is beyond repair. It's much worse than SH-2, SH-3 and SH-4 at introduction or am I totally drunk???
Looks like the mission maker has palsy or something and put two submarines really close together in the editor. Let me guess, single historical mission?

My initial bug/annoyance report:
  1. Travel Mode - Says that it will stop pestering you about ships and terrain but the chat buffer and voice files continually go off about shallow water and contacts.
  2. Crew Orders - No one you have a chat with can do simple things like turn the boat, change speed, or dive.
  3. Floating Watch - At 32x TC the watch crew stand floating about 5m astern of the main deck.
  4. Phantom Hand - Hand icon used to close doors and interact with crew pops up through bulkheads or the deck well outside interact range
  5. Shouted Waypoints - Every new waypoint put down in Nav mode is shouted out to the entire boat by someone.
  6. Camera Mode Change - Can't switch view modes (right click) above TC 8x
  7. Water spots show up like the captain lives in a motorcycle helmet
  8. Water spots when going from Nav->3D even while below decks
  9. Lens flare which is not an effect of the human eye
  10. Radar scope present even when radar not installed on boat
  11. Interactive Equipment like Echolot, speed telegraph, torpedo door switches, etc can't be clicked on.
  12. Ladders when approached and looking up (where you're going) can't be climbed. You have to look straight ahead to climb.
  13. Station Tooltips can't be turned off.
  14. Game Tooltips can't be prevented.
  15. Map Tools haven't progressed since SH4 at all.
  16. Shallow Water warning is repeated annoyingly.
  17. External Camera button not appropriately labeled
  18. Exiting Station is cumbersomely done with Esc, impossible with mouse.
  19. Pointing Watch are attempting (failing) to point out contacts even in travel mode!
  20. Special Crew Actions are shown despite not being relevant to the current tactical situation.

Last edited by Frederf; 03-06-10 at 03:13 AM.
Frederf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-10, 03:03 AM   #345
Reece
CINC Pacific Fleet

Downloads: 171

@ rik007: A catamaran U-boat, lucky sh!t!

Sub captains go down with their ship!

Last edited by Reece; 03-06-10 at 05:01 AM.
Reece is offline   Reply With Quote