SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 5
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-03-10, 07:32 PM   #226
mobucks
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 209
Uploads: 0

bought it today, kinda dissapointed, had some bugs (conversations exit out in middle of sentence) gona go play a few more hours but i have a feeling this will be shelved for a few months while things get ironed out/modded.
mobucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-10, 07:41 PM   #227
kylania
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 117

Reloaded a save and now I've lost all voice response to commands. Which sucks, since almost the only feedback you get is voice...

Anyone run into that?

Wow, now this! Notice anything NOT highlighted as interactable?

Last edited by kylania; 03-03-10 at 07:56 PM.
kylania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-10, 08:33 PM   #228
sergei
Sea Lord

Downloads: 405
Uploads: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by kylania View Post
Wow, now this! Notice anything NOT highlighted as interactable?
Yeah I have, but only in the tutorial mission.
Decided to attack the Polish freighters with the UZO instead of the periscope as suggested. After that I could not select anything, (attack scope, obscope, uzo, hydrophone).
sergei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-10, 08:51 PM   #229
Burnspot
Seaman

Downloads: 25

Interesting glitch here...on a random basis, I'll be in mission or the pen walking around, at some point, I'll lose my vision. View goes all black; however, icons and halos are intact...just can't actually see anything in 3D view. Maps and stuff still work. Have to save game and then reload it to get "vision" back. It can be rather inconvenient at times.

Nvidia drivers 196.75
7950GTX 512mb
Vista 32

Black MacBook Intel
Dell M1711 XPS (game use only)
Burnspot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-10, 09:53 PM   #230
karamazovnew
The Old Man

Downloads: 151

Ok I've got 2 good news:

1. The text boxes actually allow entering of digits. But the speed is rounded to the nearest Value. Devs, please fix this rounding. We need to be able to enter any speed we want. Or at least round to 0.5 increments.

2. The Observation Periscope "bug" refusing to lower is not a bug it's a feature. You can't lower the scope below the floor because YOU'RE LOOKING THROUGH IT. Now why didn't I realize this sooner? If you exit that station you'll be able to lower the scope with the Page Down key just fine. That's why when you click the scope it always goes full up first.
karamazovnew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-10, 10:07 PM   #231
remowilliams
Loader

Downloads: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickenbacker View Post
- When I DO manage to man the deck gun, there's no gunsight of any kind, no crosshairs and no optics, even though the manual says there should be.
Figured this one out - when managing the deck gun myself I noticed a little icon in the upper left corner of the screen, clicking on it brought up the gunsight optics.

But given the state of the game, it might be a crapshoot if anyone else sees that icon.

Last edited by remowilliams; 03-03-10 at 10:19 PM.
remowilliams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-10, 10:25 PM   #232
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

Quote:
Originally Posted by asanovic7 View Post
From reading last couple of pages, I think you all paid to be test players..

It will look like I am laughing to you, but the fact is this is one wreck of a game..
Don't worry, we will fix it for you and you can get it for $10 around Christmas.
Old 03-03-10, 10:30 PM   #233
onebigstep
Swabbie

Downloads: 220
Default torpedo screws

just want to know if you see the front and rear scews turning on youre launch torpedo?
onebigstep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-10, 11:10 PM   #234
Reece
CINC Pacific Fleet

Downloads: 171

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neal Stevens View Post
Don't worry, we will fix it for you and you can get it for $10 around Christmas.
Thanks Neal, I appreciate that!

Sub captains go down with their ship!
Reece is online   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-10, 11:38 PM   #235
jlederer
Bosun

Downloads: 47
Default Tiefer gehen

Minor buglet - if you have already done a crash dive (which takes you to like 70 meters) - or probably even if you haven't, but you brought yourself to that depth more gradually - if you click on the "dive" button (with the level sub on it, with the tip that says something about "getting below sonar (yeah right) in exchange for losing the ability to see through the periscope" the chief says "Tiefer " (deeper) as if you are going to dive deeper, but actually the "dive" button takes you to like 40 meters so in this case you are actually going shallower instead of going deeper.
jlederer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-10, 11:39 PM   #236
Migly
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 23
Default CO2 bug and magic transport from Kiel to Williamshaven

On my first mission (hunting off the east coast of England) I came across 4 merchants in a small unguarded convoy which I engaged and destroyed. Interesting thing is, after I resurfaced I noticed my CO2 didn't resupply to 100%. Not only that, my watch officer wouldn't appear on the conning tower (which meant I had to manually use the deck gun to finish off 2 of the merchants, and boy oh boy, wasn't it fun trying to figure out how to get to the damn gun)

But I digress...It's like the game thought I was still submerged. I accelerated time, tried diving and resurfacing, opening and closing the hatch...nothing worked. As my CO2 mounted to 68% I eventually quit to the main menu and reloaded the game - and viola - my C02 was back to 0% and my watch crew was back on the conning tower.

The best bug of all had to be at the end of that mission...I came into Kiel and used the "refit" option (to see what it would do) and then I "docked" at Kiel after the refit. I picked my mission again (and was happy to see it retained my progress in sunk tonnage) and started it - and pow - all of a sudden my sub is in the bunker of not Kiel (where I docked) but Williamshaven.

Can't wait for patch 1.2...
Migly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-10, 11:45 PM   #237
jlederer
Bosun

Downloads: 47
Default Please let me RTB

I was out on patrol and exhausted all my torpedos and all my deck gun rounds (had 4 ships burning, followed them for over 2 hours hoping to see them sink - they kept burning but none sank). Finally decided I'd better report-in to BDU and return to base for more ammo. In SH3 if I sent in a patrol status report with no ammo like this, BDU would congratulate me and tell me to come in. But not in SH5. I was told to stay on station (without any weapons?). I decided BDU's message must have been garbled in transmission and headed back to base anyway. When I got there I learned I'd sunk 3 ships (apparently 3 of the 4 burning ships eventually sank?).
jlederer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-10, 12:00 AM   #238
stenhammer
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by onebigstep View Post
just want to know if you see the front and rear scews turning on youre launch torpedo?
Nope...mine are seized up aswell. Also, didnt check all the posts, but all my torp outer doors are stuck open.
Old 03-04-10, 12:14 AM   #239
mookiemookie
Navy Seal

Downloads: 105
Uploads: 1

1. Depth keeping is absolutely screwed. At 125 meters I'm slowly sinking if I'm doing anything less than 5 knots. I wouldn't be at 125 meters unless I'm trying to get away from something that would hear me at 5 knots! I can understand needing some speed to change depth - dive planes only work when water is moving over them, but maintaining depth shouldn't be a problem at 2 or 3 knots.

2. My watch crew needs to TELL me when they spot something. I was trying to intercept a convoy. By the time I came out of TC, they were practically on top of me. Bring back the "Ship spotted" pop up from SH3.

Want more U-boat Kaleun portraits for your SH3 Commander Profiles? Download the SH3 Commander Portrait Pack here.
mookiemookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-10, 12:27 AM   #240
sergei
Sea Lord

Downloads: 405
Uploads: 29

That's interesting.
I have been having problems wit the depth keeping too.
At about 180 meters I could only maintain depth by ordering ahead standard.
Otherwise I sunk.

Anyone else had this problem?
sergei is offline   Reply With Quote