SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 12-12-23, 01:56 PM   #2806
Jeff-Groves
Village Idiot

Downloads: 130
Uploads: 0

Nice!
Old 12-12-23, 02:07 PM   #2807
iambecomelife
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 297

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff-Groves View Post
Nice!
Got a super important question for you, will send a PM! I have something on my modding "wish list" and you are one of the only modders who might know how to do it.

Thanks to everyone for all the support! Soon there will be new images, a short video, and updates to the front page here and on facebook. We are gathering steam here.
iambecomelife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-23, 02:48 PM   #2808
Jeff-Groves
Village Idiot

Ask away Mate.
Old 12-12-23, 05:58 PM   #2809
iambecomelife
Silent Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff-Groves View Post
Ask away Mate.
Argh, something happened to the message, I sent it some time ago...just resubmitted, apologies if I flood your box.

Not sure if it failed to send because it contained a youtube video link of Qmin's stuff??

If you can achieve this, drinks are on me!!!
Old 12-12-23, 07:05 PM   #2810
Jeff-Groves
Village Idiot

Never got the video.
Old 12-14-23, 07:03 PM   #2811
iambecomelife
Silent Hunter

An update to this threads front page is coming tonight
, mainly for new followers .. some screens may be repeats but others will be original. Very good progress and lots of good talk with important subsim people behind the scenes, let's leave it at that!
Old 12-14-23, 07:45 PM   #2812
iambecomelife
Silent Hunter

New video and interior images, showing the "Germanized" S class interior - more German istruments are being added to replace the WW2 American ones.

Old 12-15-23, 03:51 AM   #2813
SlySkydiver
Swabbie

Downloads: 90

The interior looked really nice and the sailors looked pretty cool as well. Its neat to see their damage control positions. The models themselves, crew and ship alike also look really good. I love how the interior almost seems darker than how it usually is in SH4. At least to me it seemed like that. The water seemed to be a little off but that could just be me. Was nice to see the sub underwater though I would've loved to watch it dive lol. These previews and sneak peaks always get me in the mood to launch SH4 again and put some more time into it. I'm already looking forward to what you're planning to share next!
SlySkydiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-23, 01:15 PM   #2814
iambecomelife
Silent Hunter

Thank you! The water was actually replaced yesterday with Environmental Mod 5.0 water ... this is a temporary measure because we want to improve the water even more, that's all I can say for now lol... Next screenshots are coming this evening or tomorrow... the Gernaniawerft engine is coming along well, so its time to reveal it! They were a failure at first...in fact U35 and her sister boats could only make about 11 to 13 knots at first.

Once teething troubles ended they made a satisfactory speed of about 16 to 17 knots ... and the U31 class as you may know became the highest scoring submarines in World History!

So stay tuned for some engine pictures. Also for new followers screenshots from the archive have been added to page 1 of this thread so take a look at them.
Old 12-16-23, 01:25 AM   #2815
iambecomelife
Silent Hunter

Germaniawerft engines for the interior, more items needed but progress being made - so glad that this part will be done soon, it was much less painful than I thought. Once again, we are getting over some of the big "humps" in this project.

Nice thing is, a lot of the components can be reused for the MAN engine IMO. This engine itself incorporates items from my new 88mm gun and torpedo tube - lots of pre-skinned cylindrical items and pipes can be reused for various models to save time.

Old 12-16-23, 01:34 AM   #2816
1Patriotofmany
Commander

Downloads: 95

I noticed in a video, the sailors are speaking standard SH4, how hard or time consuming would it be to put the German voices from OM Darkwaters into the mod?
1Patriotofmany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-23, 06:12 PM   #2817
iambecomelife
Silent Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Patriotofmany View Post
I noticed in a video, the sailors are speaking standard SH4, how hard or time consuming would it be to put the German voices from OM Darkwaters into the mod?
I can definitely ask permission! Although Kapt. Oliver is already doing quite a bit of sound-related stuff for the mod; if any phrases still need to be added I may well use OM Darkwaters files to supplement what he does.
Old 12-18-23, 07:25 PM   #2818
bricko
Swabbie

Downloads: 7

I have to admit, it would be pretty cool if we got a bunch of voice actors as volunteers to just record a bunch of lines for different characters, put that in, and then have a big batch of people. Could add some interesting things, like the Engineer is voiced by XY, the Hydrophone man is voiced by XX, etc.

bricko
bricko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-23, 08:36 PM   #2819
Kapitain Oliver Leinkraunt
中国水兵

Downloads: 164

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Patriotofmany View Post
Well: the sound pack I created (still to be tested in game, but it’s practically finished) is based on Thomsen sound pack and the sounds of OM Darkwaters, plus many phrases and quotes taken from movies like Das Boot, Murder on the Atlantic, U-571, the last u-boat etc. and various documentaries.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bricko View Post
would be pretty cool if we got a bunch of voice actors as volunteers
Some things are recorded from volunteers (not many) and, as realistically I mixed the voices of the 9 stock folders into one, so there will be the sensation that the submarines is populated by many people, not just 9 or worst 1, like in SH3.

Rapidi Ed Invisibili-the campaign (an italian mod for SH4)
Kapitain Oliver Leinkraunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-23, 07:22 PM   #2820
bricko
Swabbie

Downloads: 7

May I make a suggestion?

This may be a tad bit inhistorical, but from what I remember, some certain Airplanes had started to be deployed with Depth Charges (not excluding blimps-which I could only see as a hell to add to the game) around 1917. Maybe it would be cool if certain variants of the Sopwith Camel were to be equipped with some basic depth charges (of course, very weak and would most likely only be intended to instantly detonate after hitting the water)

bricko
bricko is offline   Reply With Quote