SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 07-24-12, 10:38 AM   #3046
Hans Witteman
Kaleun of U-3

Downloads: 123
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT182 View Post
Hans, I just went to the HAHD site to register. A bit of constructive critizem if I may. All written in The Agreement is written in a very light blue and I could not read it. But I agreed anyway. Then when the registration page showed up I couldn't figure out how to fill it out. Also didn't know what or who type in for a referal. I'll check back there again in a few days and see if I can read and what to do in the registration page.

Otherwise the HAHD site looks great, and from what I saw the mod will be fantastic. I can't wait to see how it will play. You guys are doing a 10 star job.
Hi mate,

Sorry for the late reply i have my hand full with just another new feature.
For the positive criticism it is always welcome since it is the only way we can better ourselves, the light typo for the agreement is probably hard to read because who would took the time to register on our forum if they knew they have to give us their bank account to get in!
Ok more seriously i didn't have the time to look at this but will eventually, the board we are using is not always easy to modify since the style sheet are layout in an obscure fashion.

If you still have any problem registering just send a pm to reaper and he will manually sign you in but so far a lot of people have registered without any problem.

And thank for the good words for our team because we need that fuel to push ourselves to the limit.

Best regards Hans

Hans Witteman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-12, 02:05 PM   #3047
reaper7
sim2reality

Downloads: 258
Uploads: 30

Quote:
Hans, I just went to the HAHD site to register. A bit of constructive critizem if I may. All written in The Agreement is written in a very light blue and I could not read it. But I agreed anyway. Then when the registration page showed up I couldn't figure out how to fill it out. Also didn't know what or who type in for a referal. I'll check back there again in a few days and see if I can read and what to do in the registration page.

Otherwise the HAHD site looks great, and from what I saw the mod will be fantastic. I can't wait to see how it will play. You guys are doing a 10 star job.
Hi GT182, what type web browser are you using? I've checked the signup page and can see no real issue with it.
Text is a very light blue (almost white on a Navy blue background), is it this you find difficult to see. We could look at trying to alter the colour if this is the case.

As for filling in the application, Referrer:is the name of a user that referred you to the site, if none just leave it blank.
Image Verification is there to prove you are Human and not a spam bot, you need to type in the 2 words displayed - if you cant make out the words click the new challenge button to generate 2 new words.

The rest of the options are not mandatory these are just personal settings and cane be left at default if you wish.

If you still have trouble, then as Hans has mentioned send me a PM and i'll set you up.
reaper7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-12, 08:06 PM   #3048
GT182
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 658

Thanks Hans and Reaper. Off to give it a go again. If I have problems I'll be in touch.

Oh BTW, my web browser is IE8. The pages as they show with IE8 on HAHD are white with the light blue text . Maybe once I register I can change over to the Navy Blue background and will be able to read the text better.

No Borders, No Language, No Culture =s No Country

I'm a Deplorable, and proud of it.
GT182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-12, 11:22 AM   #3049
GT182
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 658

My HAHD registration was successful. Thanks fellas.

No Borders, No Language, No Culture =s No Country

I'm a Deplorable, and proud of it.
GT182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-12, 06:09 AM   #3050
kiwi_2005
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 223
Uploads: 1

When this mod is ready, i will reinstall SH3. . I don't mind waiting no matter how long it takes . I just finish watching your videos

Those who can't laugh at themselves leave the job to others.

kiwi_2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-12, 08:53 AM   #3051
Hans Witteman
Kaleun of U-3

Quote:
My HAHD registration was successful. Thanks fellas.

Old 07-29-12, 09:00 AM   #3052
Hans Witteman
Kaleun of U-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwi_2005 View Post
When this mod is ready, i will reinstall SH3. . I don't mind waiting no matter how long it takes . I just finish watching your videos
Hi kiwi,

SH3 is a good game no wonder people always re install it and fall time will be epic for the HAHD team because lot of new videos will show up before pre release in December with features never before seen in SH3.

Best regards Hans

Old 08-01-12, 12:03 PM   #3053
ryanwigginton
Weps

Downloads: 68

Quote:
Originally Posted by artao View Post
ok. i've been told this might work.

I hereby request that people in this thread stop quoting entire long posts full of images just to say, "good job" or some other short comment. It is really really annoying. I swear I've seen entire pages here of nothing but quotes with short "good work" replies. is it not enuf to simply say, "good work"? Do you REALLY need to quote the entire post, plus images, to say that?

EDIT: I mean, if we're reading this thread we've almost certainly seen the images you're "good jobbing", so no need to repost them.
I got this from someone else. please read to understand my reasons and meaning. :: http://www.river.com/users/share/etiquette/
partial quote:
"However, we quote only those portions of the original message that are relevant to the topic we're addressing. The goal is to get the message across, so the quoting should be tailored to that task.
There is almost never any need to quote someone else's post in full. As a matter of fact, full-quoting is usually considered quite rude, for doing so shows a studied lack of consideration on the part of the poster for their readers. While it's probably not the intent, full-quoting in essence says to the reader, "You are not important enough to me for me to bother trimming out these screenfulls of quoted text. You will just have to wade through them.""
nice post
Old 08-02-12, 09:53 AM   #3054
Von Due
Sea Lord

Downloads: 30

I have just watched some of those vids now and what can I say? I'm almost lost for words... It's not just a new game, it's a next generation game by the looks of it. Absolutely stunning work, guys!
Von Due is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-12, 01:12 AM   #3055
JayDee
Watch

Downloads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by reaper7 View Post
Hi mate I've relaxed the Anti-Spam rules to ignore ISP ranges from top spammers so as not to block legit members trying to sign up.
Hopefully you should have no problem now on signing up, if you still do drop me a Pm and I'll manually sign you up.
Same message for me also... I should reduce my spamming...
JayDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-12, 02:43 PM   #3056
Hans Witteman
Kaleun of U-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Due View Post
I have just watched some of those vids now and what can I say? I'm almost lost for words... It's not just a new game, it's a next generation game by the looks of it. Absolutely stunning work, guys!
Hi Von Due,

Thank for the good words mate and like it was not enough many features you saw in the videos have been revamp to look even better and many new features will show up in fall time in a series of new promotional videos before the December launch.
Best regards Hans

Old 08-03-12, 02:44 PM   #3057
Hans Witteman
Kaleun of U-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayDee View Post
Same message for me also... I should reduce my spamming...
Hi mate just send a pm to reaper he will fix any issue you might have.
Best regards Hans

Old 08-18-12, 05:42 AM   #3058
Hans Witteman
Kaleun of U-3

Default HAHD Ocean alive 1.0

Hi shipmates,

It's been awhile since the last update but rejoice because this new feature will please many sea lover!

If you remember in the early video U-Boot_HAHD shown a nice little flat texture for the seafloor and damn i was so proud of it but after looking at the video i said to myself Hans this could look way better so let's try some stuff.

Then i push the boundary again on that aging game engine and surely it didn't disappoint, at first i was convince the game engine would never be able to run all this and to my great surprise it did perfectly well at a whopping 156 fps simply amazing how much recent video card can handle.

So here it is guy's and it is all ready for December release HAHD Ocean alive 1.0, i name it 1.0 because it will be update with more sea mammals and more fish species according to their habitat in the different oceans.

Remember when i told you that some features in HAHD would beat even SH5 on the graphic level, i was not lying!

HAHD ocean alive finally bring sea life in the dull and dead ocean, we now have big plants variety, anemone, urchin, seaweed, seagrass, algea, plankton, crabs, sardines, Kelp bass, cod, sea lion, shark, Octopus, dolphin, whales, polar bear, pinguins, sea turtle, manta ray and many more to come.

Sound exciting but wait it is even better, each plants are animated and gently move with the wave, all fish are realistically animated and spawn randomly so each time you dive it will never be the same, we also have realistic plankton floating with the water movement.

Most fish are generated randomly via the particle system that the beauty of using animated 3D object and use in particle object to make them disappear over time and i use the underwater fog to my advantage so fish are spawning where the player cannot see.

I made the environment area roughly 5 square miles and it is distribute around the world but not in deep water simply because the visibility is almost null and that we don't want to spend resources on place the player cannot see.

The terrain bring some refreshing elevation since the stock game seafloor is almost flat everywhere and it give us the opportunity to have nice dancing caustic light on the seafloor. I tried to put a big plane object to cover the whole ocean floor but it didn't work because the terrain is not completely flat like i tough but have very subtle elevation that made my plane flicker with the proximity of the seafloor so i drop it.

I will also make a lite version for folks with lower specs system without animation, when surface there is no problem because i use the visible underwater controller that doesn't render underwater object when surface saving frame rate.

Ok enough talking here the candy enjoy :

This preview show the fps at 156 and you have swimming cods bank + the sub in view and zillions of plankton particle, can you imagine there is still a lot of room to play with.

Here you some kelp bass.

Here is some yummy sardines

Even this crab is fully animated, i know i am crazy

Hope you like what you see and now we just need a programer to code a fishing mini game.
Best regards Hans

Old 08-18-12, 06:07 AM   #3059
Hylander_1314
Sea Lord

Downloads: 139

With all that aquatic life, I want a nice fishing trawler to go with it! Cod is one of my favorites!

---------------------

Hylander_1314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-12, 06:26 AM   #3060
U570
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 89

wasn't there a thread about a the possibility of a fishing mini-game? IIRC it turned into a short fishing thread.

Good work as always hans

"Submariners are a bunch of intelligent misfits that somehow seem to get along,
understand each other and work well together"- Anon
U570 is offline   Reply With Quote