SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Modern-Era Subsims > Dangerous Waters > DW Mod Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 05-02-09, 03:25 PM   #46
rotorfib
Swabbie

Downloads: 4
Uploads: 0

Well..pretty much the Kilos are invisable to any passive and active sonar :/ (haven't really tried other subs yet).

I've beared down on them with truth mode on (so I know where they are) with active going and I see nothing at all...I can hear a 'ping' but there is nothing visual that indicates a contact, and this was also after he turned 90deg aspect from me and made 20knts (after i fired torp in his direction).

I was able to pick up his countermeasure on active sonar? I didn't think that would make such a strong impact on active as it would on passive (just noise).

I eagerly await your next version lol
rotorfib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-09, 09:02 PM   #47
Molon Labe
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 27
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by rotorfib View Post
Well..pretty much the Kilos are invisable to any passive and active sonar :/ (haven't really tried other subs yet).

I've beared down on them with truth mode on (so I know where they are) with active going and I see nothing at all...I can hear a 'ping' but there is nothing visual that indicates a contact, and this was also after he turned 90deg aspect from me and made 20knts (after i fired torp in his direction).

I was able to pick up his countermeasure on active sonar? I didn't think that would make such a strong impact on active as it would on passive (just noise).

I eagerly await your next version lol
If you can get an audio return, you can tag him. That's a detection, not an "invisable" kilo. The rescaling of ASLs in 3.09 was based on the FFG-Kilo balance, don't expect that to change in LWAMI 3.10. If the Kilo's ASL gets adjusted up, the FFGs active will be turned down to compensate.
Old 01-06-10, 12:01 AM   #48
Fearless
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 340
Uploads: 1

Howdy,

I've installed DW and upgraded it to v1.4

Installed LWAMI 309 but when I run DW, I get an error

Quote:
ERROR 12010
Bitmap Failed to load
Any ideas?

When I disable LWAMI vi JSGME and run stock DW 1.4, no probs.

Thanks in advance.

System Specs: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 8 Core 16 Thread CPU, 3.8GHz Base Clock, 4.7GHz Boost, 105W TDP, 32MB L3 cache | MSI GeForce RTX3060Ti 8Gb Graphics | Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32Gb (2x16Gb) 3200 MHz CL16 DDR4 Ram | Samsung 970 Evo Plus NVMe SSD 1TB | Seagate Barracuda 2.5in 2TB HDD | AOC QHD 165 Hz FreeSync HDR curved 31.5in Monitor | ASUS ROG Strix LC 240 ARGB AIO Liquid CPU Cooler White Edition | ASUS ROG Strix Gold 750W Modular Power Supply | Corsair iCUE 5000X RGB Tempered Glass Mid Tower Case White.
Fearless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-10, 04:34 PM   #49
ASWnut101
Admiral

Downloads: 9

Try playing around with the splash screens when you activate LWAMI. You might get a notice saying that doing so will change some file or another, just acknowledge the notice and try DW again. At least, that's what worked for me...

ASWnut101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-10, 04:51 PM   #50
Fearless
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 340
Uploads: 1

Much appreciated ASWnut101.

I'm not using any splash screens now with just LWAMI enabled and still the same message. Then when I enable a splash screen and disable it again, DW then works. Strange

System Specs: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 8 Core 16 Thread CPU, 3.8GHz Base Clock, 4.7GHz Boost, 105W TDP, 32MB L3 cache | MSI GeForce RTX3060Ti 8Gb Graphics | Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32Gb (2x16Gb) 3200 MHz CL16 DDR4 Ram | Samsung 970 Evo Plus NVMe SSD 1TB | Seagate Barracuda 2.5in 2TB HDD | AOC QHD 165 Hz FreeSync HDR curved 31.5in Monitor | ASUS ROG Strix LC 240 ARGB AIO Liquid CPU Cooler White Edition | ASUS ROG Strix Gold 750W Modular Power Supply | Corsair iCUE 5000X RGB Tempered Glass Mid Tower Case White.
Fearless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-10, 07:27 AM   #51
sertore
Sailor man

Downloads: 16
Hi Fearless,
I already heard about this problem... are you using Vista, as you specify in your footer?

In this case you have to install DW out from standard program directory due to some OS protection mechanisms that disable the managing of installed applications.

Hope this help!
sertore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-10, 11:39 PM   #52
DarthVrooks
Seaman

Downloads: 41

I'm rather new to DW. Was looking for something to play inbetween Mass Effect 2 games since UBIsofi killed SH5 for me with that wonderful DRM. I installed this mod as the stock game seemed to lack some quality and have experienced numerous crashes in game, especially while playing the campaign as a surface vessel. I patched the game before installing the mod, the only mod I have for it. Yet I've checked a couple of boards and no one seems to be having any similar problems. I reinstalled the game, patch and mod a couple of times but same result. Without the mod the game runs fine. Did I miss something somewhere?

Playing the North Korea mission I was watching some TLAM's launched by other ships at the missile batteries on the coast and for a moment thought I needed new glasses. As these screenshots sort of show, the TLAM's bounced off the ground performing some very nice acrobatics then circled the target repeatedly bouncing off the ground without detonating until disappearing.

edit: I did find a post somewhere about TLAM's bouncing around so I feel better now that I know it's not just me. However I have now been attacked by my own forces in the North Korea surface campaign. It was very unfriendly. I guess I need to uninstall this thing and try some of these missions with the stock game only.

Last edited by DarthVrooks; 04-13-10 at 03:47 AM.
DarthVrooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-10, 10:08 AM   #53
Bilge_Rat
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 343

I have been playing LWAMI 3.09 over the past few days. Let me first say that I have played 688i/SC/DW off and on since 1999. In that time, I can only remember 5-6 times where the AI fired a torp at me and maybe 1-2 times where I was killed. I basically viewed the AI as just target practice.

So I fired up one of the stock missions where my 688i has to track a russian task force in the White Sea, a mission I have played countless times before and which was a good target practice. As before, I track the TF, takes a position ahead of them, about 15,000 yds and fire TASM and a full salvo of 4 torpedoes at the 4 targets (3 ships, 1 sub). Imagine my surprise when not only do the ships shoot down the TASMs and evade all 4 torps, but the Akula starts hunting me and after 10 minutes fires 6 torpedoes my way and..kills me..

hmm, so I decide to fire up the first campaign mission in the Akula. I start sightseeing through the stations, remembering how the russion sonar display works, getting various reports about contacts, some vague warning about being counter-detected, I poke the scope up and spot various ships and after about 5 mins, hear "Torpedo in the water!, bearing..." . I go deep, look desperately for a layer, launch counter-measures...well, you can guess the rest.

I am not sure what you guys have done, but you sure have made this a more challenging game, good work..
Old 04-21-10, 05:29 PM   #54
dyshman
Sailor man

Downloads: 32

try to use RA-addone. its incomparably hard then LWAMI. ai-units will kill you most of attempts. they have better sonars then human-player and they are impossible agressive.
Old 10-02-10, 02:43 PM   #55
Treetop64
Torpedoman

Downloads: 229

Just DL'd 3.09 in prep for installing 3.10.

While trying to install 3.09 I keep getting "Debug Assertion Failed" error messages. The Widows command window is open, and it's stuck at "First, lets get all those new Splash Screen ready!"

then... "Opening...Opening..."

I click <Retry> to debug, but the installer simply stops working (CMPUTIL.exe)

Using Widows 7 64 bit.

EDIT: I'm just going to backup the default DW directory and install the mod manually, since where the files themselves go are self-expalnitory.

Looking forward to the new mod. Thanks for all your hard work, it's appreciated.

Last edited by Treetop64; 10-02-10 at 03:25 PM.
Treetop64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-11, 02:52 PM   #56
sertore
Sailor man

Downloads: 16
[BUG] Kilo's engine back WARP speed

I do not know is someboby already noticed that the engine back flank on diesel-eletric subs works too many fine: on a 636 at surface depth with electric engine is possible to reach 16 knots and with diesel the WARP speed of 18 knots!

It seems quite a cheat if used, compared with the maximum speed ahead of only 11 knots, and I really hope that this is not another hardcoded surprise by our dear SC developers.

Please note that this bug affects the original game and all the other MODs available (LWAMI previous versions, RA 1.3, etc...)

Waiting for your feedback, thanks in advance for help.

Last edited by sertore; 02-06-11 at 03:34 PM.
sertore is offline   Reply With Quote