SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Modern-Era Subsims > Dangerous Waters > DW Mod Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 07-05-17, 11:48 PM   #1531
Nuibility
Nub

Downloads: 13
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by elgeneral48 View Post
Hi,

I'm back on Dangerous Waters, and i have a problem with the RA version 1.40.
This concerns the "SPHERE" sensor when i try to do "TMA".

Look for yourself, a picture taken without mods :

And now with RA 1.40 :

As you can see, only my "SPHERE" with RA 1.40 give bad informations.
I have never seen that before with old RA version.
But, i had another version of the game at the time. Was French DVD and now i use STEAM English version.

Do you have the possibility to help me please?

"Sorry for my English"

Thank you all!

Same problem here
It seems that all sub's bow array give wrong bearing of target, sometimes the error can be 1~2degrees.
I think that is the reason why people complaint about kilo class weapon miss their target. Wrong bearing information results bad TMA solution.
Nuibility is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-17, 11:55 PM   #1532
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default welcome aboard!

Nuibility!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-17, 09:00 AM   #1533
tAKticool47
Mate

Downloads: 1
Default So about that Iowa-class?

What I want to know is, will the Iowa-class guns go boom?

For that matter, will the guns shoot at all, will the turrets rotate, or is it strictly a big good-looking target for Russian Shipwreck and Sunburn missiles?

I will say this- the CG mod is able to put out a TON of anti-ship missiles as fast as you please when it's motivated! But I'm trying to see some 16" gun wreckage.

Thanks again!
tAKticool47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-17, 10:35 AM   #1534
tAKticool47
Mate

Default A few bugs-

Hi there... was hoping for some help with a few bugs I have experienced.

I just installed the newest update of Reinforce Alert (is it 1.42b? I think?) - but it did not fix the issues I have had since RA installation.

One is more serious- generally when I play as a Seawolf-class sub, I can't reload the torpedo tubes. The Seawolf-class has 8 tubes, and I can pick whatever I want to load the tubes with in the pre-mission , but after firing a tube, they won't reload. Let me backtrack. First, I can't flood a tube - if I press the Flood button, immediate crash. So I usually just right click a target and Fire tube # @ that target. Then it will flood, equalize, etc. fire the weapon fine. Afterwards, the tube is totally unusable. I can physically go to the bottom tube selection and click to put a weapon in it, but it will not actually load. I can't flood or deflood, can't pressurize, can't establish the "interlocks" -- I basically only get 8 shots with a Seawolf. And as I said, if I were to try to manually flood a tube, instant crash. Does not happen with the Los Angeles class. Although some Russian subs I have noticed, I can't flood a tube at all, I can press all day, nothing happens.

The other thing I've noticed is, I can't play some platforms. The Udaloy and Italian ship for example, instant crashes. last version of RA, this version, same thing. Instant crashing.

Any advice here? Something I can do to fix? Or am I just SOL? Thanks much.
Old 07-31-17, 10:50 AM   #1535
p7p8
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 136
Uploads: 6

Did you install RA 1.42-B over 1.42?
p7p8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-17, 12:02 PM   #1536
tAKticool47
Mate

I am not sure to be honest, I DL'd the 1.42b from the site and I am not 100% sure which version I had before, I THOUGHT i had the latest but not 100% sure.
Old 07-31-17, 12:17 PM   #1537
p7p8
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 136
Uploads: 6

From readme:
Quote:
Installation Steps

I recommend to install it on the "clean" version 1.04 - without any other mods [even RA any previous version].

For installation and correct work of this addition, precisely follow my recommendations.

1. Install -Dangerous Waters- game.

2. Install Patch v 1.04

3. Placed unrar this add-on ['RA_OPFOR_DWX1_42-B' Folder Name and 'Install_RA_OPFOR_DWX1_42-B' BAT file ] at root directory Your game [ C:\...\Dangerous Waters ]

4. Launch Install_RA_OPFOR_DWX1_42.bat file for install pack.
RA is NOT upgradable - please remember this!
p7p8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-17, 12:45 PM   #1538
FPSchazly
Good Hunting!

Downloads: 15
Uploads: 1

IMO, 1.42b should have been named 1.43. 1.42b does imply it's like a patch or something.

My videos:
**Exclusive Look at Modern Naval Warfare!**
Dangerous Waters Liu Doctrine (LwAmi
Learn to play Dangerous Waters
FPSchazly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-17, 02:05 PM   #1539
Hawk66
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 36

does anybody have a changelist for the new 1.43 patch ?
Hawk66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-17, 04:38 PM   #1540
Halcyon
Helmsman

Downloads: 104
Uploads: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk66 View Post
does anybody have a changelist for the new 1.43 patch ?
It's in the INFO.txt file in the manuals folder. I'll repost.

Quote:
Some important info about add-on "Reinforce Alert" (DWX 1_43 version).
[ * - Hardcoded fix ]
1 - Some 3D models KONI FF Class has been fix.
2 - PMT & PMR doctrine fix.
3 - Active Sonar, default bug: The timing of the mark's drawing is synchronized with the time of echo return to the transmitting sub,
instead of drawing the mark at the moment when the sound ping just reached target platform.*
4 - UMS-72 "Grad" ASuW mission: effectiveness weapon has been decreased.
5 - OHIO SSBN User platform: Damage sonar systems fix.*
6 - Stadimeter CTD problem when scrolling through the list of platforms fix hopefully finally.
7 - Alfa SSN, Sierra-I, II SSN: MAD profile has been fix.
8 - Alfa SSN: Max scale depth meter fix to 500 meters.*
9 - IL-38 mini campaign: Fixed an error that incorrectly sets the result of the accuracy of the container drop
10 - Captor Mk 60 , Captor PMK-2 (User Planes): doctrine fix.
11 - Russian Voices Mod ( ver 1.8 ) remains fully compatible with DWX ver. 1.43
Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-17, 07:10 PM   #1541
ET2SN
ET2/SS

Downloads: 56

If its any help, I run DW/RA (1.43 right now) on a Win10, 64 bit system.

The best way to update RA is to run the update on a "pure" install of DW(patched to DW 1.04). I also tend to avoid installing DW and Sub Command to a "program files" location. They just run a little cleaner from a root directory and Win10 doesn't spazz out.

I keep a "pure" DW install in my main C directory (C\: ) and copy it out to the desktop to add an RA update. Then, rename the new folder to something like DWRA143 and move it back to the main C directory. I have a non-Steam version of DW (direct download from Amazon), so I use the "Launch DW" exe proggy to select which version of RA I want to run.

As it stands now, I can run DW, RA1.42, RA1.42b, or RA1.43 by just launching "Launch DW" from the folder I want. After that, I can launch that version from a desktop icon. As long as I run "Launch DW" first, I can point the desktop shortcut to whichever version I want to run.

Obviously, for Win10 you'll also need the display dll file installed to the MAIN DW folder as well as all of your modded DW installs. I keep the DLL in my "pure" DW folder as well. Ivan included the DLL with RA, but you need to be sure it gets moved to the main folder.

One last thing to keep in mind- RA is a VERY complex mod of DW. Some things will just be a little flakey, like driving the playable Ohio or Delta boats at slow bells, but overall RA keeps things interesting.

Last edited by ET2SN; 10-10-17 at 09:46 PM.
ET2SN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-17, 09:37 PM   #1542
ET2SN
ET2/SS

BTW, just one gripe for Ivan and RA- Sturgeon (637 class) subs WERE under-ice and through-the-ice capable.

While they had fair water planes, they could pivot the planes 90 degrees up to punch through the ice cap. The 637's were the mainstay of USN operations in the arctic until the 688i's (688 flight 3) came along.

Just sayin'.. Otherwise, carry on.
Old 10-18-17, 11:00 AM   #1543
tAKticool47
Mate

Default Future platforms?

Just wondering if there is any area where the RA folks discuss the mod and the future/playable platform possibilities?

What got my thinking up was my desire to play as an Arleigh Burke or even a Ticonderoga. It would be awesome to control those radars, sonars, guns, and VLS VLS VLS! So much awesomeness. However, I realize it would probably be impossible to develop that platform , simply too many weapon options and complexity to "mod into" the game as a new platform (I say this as a non-programmer type, maybe it would not be hard, who knows.)

HOWEVER, I did start thinking.... if it would be too hard to do the Aegis-type ships, the ZUMWALT-class might be eminently doable!

When you think about it, it wouldn't be much more different than the Udaloy they developed, albeit different. The Zumwalt would basically be a very very "stealthy" platform (I have read it has the radar return coefficient of a small fishing vessel, and is as quiet as a LA-class submarine, which is really a feat in itself -- with marked IR reductions as well) which should pose no problems for the programmers to "tune up" into the game... Plus, then it would be very simple for equipping it up... It would have two 155mm guns which would probably be easy to define a range, power of each shot's impact/damage, and accuracy ... and the VLS is pretty basic. It has 80 cells, with Tomahawk LAM (already a game option) and ESSM ( which is already in the game, not as a playable weapon, but already set up) ... and an MH-60R ( again, already in the system) .... Seems to me it would be fairly easy to tailor this into the game, and it would probably be a blast to play, very hard to see/hear, very very good sensors and ESM/ECM ability, and it would be fun to me to use the guns offensively, the TLAM strikes, and perhaps the ESSMs as your defensive/AAW suite.

Just something I thought about. I realize it would be probably close to impossible to add in an Aegis ship or an aircraft carrier ... but less-difficult but awesome platform like the Zumwalt might just be doable . (Dare I suggest a similar approach with the Littoral Combat Ships lol.)

Anyway, just throwing it out there.
Old 10-19-17, 03:05 AM   #1544
ET2SN
ET2/SS

I would be more than happy to see the Xia "class" SSBN get upgraded to a Jin class. Same basic model, but the Xia was a single ship and there are several Jin's already in service.
Old 10-19-17, 08:05 AM   #1545
FPSchazly
Good Hunting!

Downloads: 15
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by tAKticool47 View Post
Just wondering if there is any area where the RA folks discuss the mod and the future/playable platform possibilities?
This is where the RA guys hang out: http://www.redrodgers.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=172

I brought up the possibility of adding the LCS, which are very much relevant to a Perry's type of mission in DW, but they said they had no plans to add any more surface ships, as it's too much work / too difficult.

My videos:
**Exclusive Look at Modern Naval Warfare!**
Dangerous Waters Liu Doctrine (LwAmi
Learn to play Dangerous Waters
FPSchazly is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
reinforce alert