SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-25-10, 07:41 AM   #181
Fish40
The Old Man

Downloads: 146
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gato76 View Post
It's there a mod similar to RFB for SH3 ?

The closest thing is GWX I would imagine. The latest version is 3.0 if I recall correctly.
Fish40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-10, 11:33 AM   #182
Wilcke
The Old Man

Downloads: 234

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish40 View Post
The closest thing is GWX I would imagine. The latest version is 3.0 if I recall correctly.
NYGM 3.3 is also excellent and it is stickied at the SH3 Mods section. A definate must have if you plan on running a Super Mod.

For the best in Fleet Boats go to: Submarine Sim Central. http://forum.kickinbak.com/index.php
Check out: A Brief Introduction to the Pacific Submarine War by Ducimus
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=128185
Operation Monsun plus OMEGU, the #1 ATO Solution for SH4!

Signature Art by Gunfighter
Wilcke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-10, 08:01 PM   #183
John W. Hamm
Watch Officer

Downloads: 8

LukeFF I know that i am should just expect the "when it's done, its done..." but I just came back after playing several other sacrilegious games over an extended period of time. And I am anxious to start a new campaign using RFB 2.0 but I really want to wait for this next update. (want to have my planes-men back) So can you give me an idea of how long it may be? BTW what happened to the PhM? I really liked that.
Old 01-26-10, 01:02 AM   #184
That's not my dog
Mate

Downloads: 76
Default Issue with installing RFB and RSRDC

Evening fellow Captains,

I am running SH4 1.5 with the following MODS:

(In order)
RFB 2.0
RFB 2.0 Patch 1
RSRDC_RFB 575

I followed the install instructions that came with RFB 2.0 and it said to install it first and then RSRDC. I did that and JSGME states that if I enable RSRDC it will overwrite a ton of stuff in RFB 2.0. As an experiment I accepted the overwrite. Now, I get a CTD when I start a campaign. I would be most grateful for some help. Thank you in advance.

Last edited by That's not my dog; 01-26-10 at 01:27 AM.
That's not my dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-10, 03:08 AM   #185
BadKarma1001
Mate

Downloads: 168

Quote:
Originally Posted by That's not my dog View Post
Evening fellow Captains,

I am running SH4 1.5 with the following MODS:

(In order)
RFB 2.0
RFB 2.0 Patch 1
RSRDC_RFB 575

I followed the install instructions that came with RFB 2.0 and it said to install it first and then RSRDC. I did that and JSGME states that if I enable RSRDC it will overwrite a ton of stuff in RFB 2.0. As an experiment I accepted the overwrite. Now, I get a CTD when I start a campaign. I would be most grateful for some help. Thank you in advance.
There is a patch for RSRDC.
Main RSRDC thread here
Download here
Old 01-26-10, 12:52 PM   #186
That's not my dog
Mate

Downloads: 76
Default My bad

I neglected to add that I had the patch running in my first post. My apologies. I am working with lurker hlb_3 on another forum to see if he can help me. Stay tuned....
That's not my dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-10, 06:27 PM   #187
caspofungin
Commander

Downloads: 41

first, gratitude to lukeff and the entire rfb team for an outstanding mod. w/ sh5 looking like it's going to be somewhat limited, i'm sure there'll be a lot of interest in keeping sh4 rolling along... can't wait for the next iteration.

i wanted to ask -- which file contains the parameters for how dense fog is? just seems to be a bit overdone for my tastes in 2.0 -- good visibilty has a significant variability. thx.
caspofungin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-10, 11:56 AM   #188
MH
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 248

Quote:
Originally Posted by caspofungin View Post
first, gratitude to lukeff and the entire rfb team for an outstanding mod. w/ sh5 looking like it's going to be somewhat limited, i'm sure there'll be a lot of interest in keeping sh4 rolling along... can't wait for the next iteration.

i wanted to ask -- which file contains the parameters for how dense fog is? just seems to be a bit overdone for my tastes in 2.0 -- good visibilty has a significant variability. thx.
I dont know what variable is that but i used scene.dat file from OMEGU mod and it works much better now.
I still have fog but its bit less dance and i can lock on targets to get measurements at distances that match visibility.
MH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-10, 02:47 PM   #189
LukeFF
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 41
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by John W. Hamm View Post
LukeFF I know that i am should just expect the "when it's done, its done..." but I just came back after playing several other sacrilegious games over an extended period of time. And I am anxious to start a new campaign using RFB 2.0 but I really want to wait for this next update. (want to have my planes-men back) So can you give me an idea of how long it may be? BTW what happened to the PhM? I really liked that.
It should be released within the next week or two. I'm finishing up a new feature that will go into the patch, and then after that it's a matter of testing it all to make sure nothing is broken.

I removed the PhM and the other so-called "non-combat" POs, because I just wasn't satisfied with how they mesh into the rest of the game.

ROW Sound Effects Contributor
RFB Team Leader
LukeFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-10, 08:22 PM   #190
seaplate hitman
Medic

Downloads: 305

Dear sir how to add Ship ID button in the tool bar?
seaplate hitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-10, 09:44 PM   #191
Jten
Mate

Downloads: 102

I know what you mean but I would use a term other than 'non-Combat' , considering everyone in the boat suffers the same threats whether you are shoving a torp in a tube or flipping a pancake in the galley.

I actually thought the Phm was the better 'mesher' of the supporting cast. I must tell you, however, that I'm still simulating them. I stick 3 extras in the damage control slots before I sail. Cook, Yoeman and (now) a Phm wannabe with no skill.

I got strafed once and lost lookouts. The gang of three had to pull double duty and I was glad I had them.

Of course, what the crew management system needs is a required crew rotation between patrols, so many have to go and you get new faces.

Any way of adding the CO into a crew slot? Could add a slight RPG aspect into the game.
Jten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-10, 10:07 PM   #192
John W. Hamm
Watch Officer

Downloads: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeFF View Post
It should be released within the next week or two. I'm finishing up a new feature that will go into the patch, and then after that it's a matter of testing it all to make sure nothing is broken.

I removed the PhM and the other so-called "non-combat" POs, because I just wasn't satisfied with how they mesh into the rest of the game.

Okie Dokie man I appreciate all your hard work, and i shall eagerly await this next installment.!!!!
Old 01-28-10, 12:14 PM   #193
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Downloads: 550
Uploads: 42

get a chance to fix the radar?
Bubblehead1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-10, 01:21 PM   #194
SteveG75
Swabbie

Downloads: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by MH View Post
THX FOR THE GREAT MOD.
I just did my first patrol in RF2 and had a problem with some kind of strange haze(purple haze?).I could not lock on ships till almost running them over.
Could spot their shadow from about 800 meter and lock on them from about 400-300.Destroyer passed me by 100 meters and did not see my boat (deck awash)
Weather report said it was clear and good visibility-no clouds rain and big moon.
It was first mission at the beginning of the war- north of Luzon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MH View Post
I dont know what variable is that but i used scene.dat file from OMEGU mod and it works much better now.
I still have fog but its bit less dance and i can lock on targets to get measurements at distances that match visibility.
Same problem here. Good visibilty is definitely not good. Where do I find this OMEGU mod so I can swap the scene.dat file? Edit: Found it.

Additional problem. GATO class sub circa May 1942. 20mm AA gun view point is outside conning tower when trying to point to sides of boat.

Edit: Found the solution to the AA camera view clipping.
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...os#post1110674
Quote:
The camera on the 20mm and 20mm double is too far back and it comes out of the tub on the Early war Gato tower. I am not sure exactly which tower it was, but the sides were not cut down.
So when he uses the AA all he can see when he turns the gun is the outside of the tower. I looked at it and by changing the EditObjPos from -0.079 to -0.069 it worked fine. Just wanted to save you some time and explain what his problem was. I did not look at the other AA guns or other subs, only the one he asked me about.
Can we get that fixed in the next patch?

Last edited by SteveG75; 01-30-10 at 02:11 PM.
SteveG75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-10, 07:36 AM   #195
SgtSabre
Seaman

Downloads: 44

No news on the radar and sonar lag issues? I'll have to go back to the previous version of RFB because the lag at these two stations makes the game unplayable.
SgtSabre is offline   Reply With Quote