SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 12-01-05, 09:43 PM   #31
iambecomelife
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 297
Uploads: 0

iambecomelife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-05, 05:36 AM   #32
Col7777
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 260

Serg,

Is there a way to make this human controllable, I did try by editing here and there but I'm not the expert here?

BTW great work again my friend.

Silent and Violent
Col7777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-05, 07:50 AM   #33
sergbuto
Pacific Aces Dev Team

Downloads: 15

I do not think it is possible to have an additional player sub. But it should be possible to replace the 3d model of one of U-boats with this sub, although it will still be called as U-boat. Unfortunately, I do not have time to look into that at the moment.
Old 12-02-05, 09:13 AM   #34
Col7777
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 260

Hi Serg,

I understand you are busy forgive me pestering in this way, you lost me when you said "I do not think..."
Only joking, what i mean is can you just explain a bit about the 3rd model etc, then I'll try and get on with it, if it means I'll have the U-boat interior and bridge then I can accept that.
As I said earlier I use a U-boat now as a British sub sometimes, thanks in advance mate.

Silent and Violent
Col7777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-05, 09:24 AM   #35
Type941
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 2

whooa... Thanks Serg for bringing this to Sh3.

Sink the Bismarck SH3 Movie
Type941 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-05, 09:29 AM   #36
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Can't wait to get home anf have this sub installed!
Old 12-02-05, 07:36 PM   #37
CCIP
Navy Seal

Downloads: 29
Uploads: 2

Serg, I think the British roster config files are not in the right folder - moved them in and they worked Fix?

I'm currently implementing a set of scripted random-route patrols in areas where British subs would have operated (mainly med and North Sea/Norway), using rough estimates as to the numbers and locations. I'll upload a merge-able .mis file for those who'd like some Tommy fish to shoot at.

As I understand it, you're supposed to set the Height for the submerged boats to around -12, right?

They've worked fine so far. My only complaint is that the diesel sound is used for both submerged and surfaced subs, but we can all live with it.

Can't wait to see more models! For a first, this one is beautiful.

Some screenies:

[edit] oh - and I noticed that 1 torpedo doesn't kill these things. Are they too strong, perhaps?

There are only forty people in the world and five of them are hamburgers.
-Don Van Vliet
(aka Captain Beefheart)
CCIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-05, 09:00 PM   #38
sergbuto
Pacific Aces Dev Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Col7777
Only joking, what i mean is can you just explain a bit about the 3rd model etc, then I'll try and get on with it, if it means I'll have the U-boat interior and bridge then I can accept that.
As I said earlier I use a U-boat now as a British sub sometimes, thanks in advance mate.
Say, you want to replace Uboat7b with S-class sub. The easiest way is to rename data\Submarine\NSS_Sclass folder and files in it to the corresponding Uboat7b files. Then clone TurmUS_2_hd files in the Objects folder and rename them into Turm7b_1_hd and Turm7b_2_hd files, respectively. The interior file to be used is specified in CFG file of the sub. The bridge should be from the US sub. The main problem however is the likely need to hexedit some stuff in newly renamed Turm7b_1_hd.dat and Turm7b_2_hd.dat files and probably CAM files to get correct positions for the player and the crew on the bridge. Quite a while ago I was able to adjust the player position on the bridge but I do not remember exactly what I hexedited. There might be some problems with player positions at the guns (not sure though). I think that turms and weapons defined in the EQP file of the sub are not so important because they will be ovewritten by specifications in the Basic.cfg but I can't be 100% sure.
Old 12-02-05, 09:13 PM   #39
sergbuto
Pacific Aces Dev Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCIP
Serg, I think the British roster config files are not in the right folder - moved them in and they worked Fix?
yes, they should in the Submarine subfolder. Overlooked.

Quote:
I'm currently implementing a set of scripted random-route patrols in areas where British subs would have operated (mainly med and North Sea/Norway), using rough estimates as to the numbers and locations. I'll upload a merge-able .mis file for those who'd like some Tommy fish to shoot at.
Are you doing it for the campaign file?

Quote:
As I understand it, you're supposed to set the Height for the submerged boats to around -12, right?
Wrong. The Height should be always set to zero. Otherwise the boats will not move. It works exactly the same way as for submerged AI German boats in the Wolfpack mod.

Quote:
My only complaint is that the diesel sound is used for both submerged and surfaced subs, but we can all live with it.
Good point. I did not think of that. I will take a look at how it can be changed when I have time.

Quote:
[edit] oh - and I noticed that 1 torpedo doesn't kill these things.
Yes, it does but it strongly depends on where the torpedo hits the boat. The setting for the torpedo depth may be also important. If I remember correctly, the "magnetic" torpedo is more efficient at somewhat shallower depths than 16 m. The "impact" topedo is efficient at about 12m depth or so.

The S-class boats already have reduced hit points and armor level compared to U-boats. Maybe, it is necessary to reduce them even more.
Old 12-02-05, 10:13 PM   #40
chris911
Chief

Downloads: 0

The S-Class is really one of the ugliest uboats ever created. But seeing her in game i realy like her....So thanks for the great mod
chris911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-05, 03:23 AM   #41
Axlwolf
Navy Dude

Downloads: 23

Seeing a new type of sub is refreshing

But i have trouble sinking it with magnetic.I've tryed with my target submerged and surfaced,with various deep setting,spread and non-spread salvo.No matter what i do,it seems only an impact could sink it.
Another small thing,when i checked my logbook i've noticed no tonnage for the submarine.I have the note about an S class sunked but with zero tonnage.
And when i've send a report to BdU,they reply me with an "Be more aggressive"
Anyway...i'm amazed.Really good work!
Axlwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-05, 08:15 AM   #42
sergbuto
Pacific Aces Dev Team

If I remember correctly, above shown pics of torpedo attack on surfaced S-class were made with magnetic torpedo. Try to aim to the stern.

As to tonnage, it is very small but you may try adding the line

Displacement = ...

in sub's CFG file as for merchants and DDs. The main thing is renown which is quite substantial especially for sinking a submerged sub.
Old 12-03-05, 10:33 AM   #43
Axlwolf
Navy Dude

I'll do that,thanks
Old 12-03-05, 08:08 PM   #44
Sulikate
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 32

"Is that a new model or something used for Pacific Aces?"

I knew I had seen this model earlier...
just found it, 3dsmax format.
Nice work indeed, you guys keep amazing me

Sulikate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-05, 04:03 AM   #45
Axlwolf
Navy Dude

I've fixed the tonnage,but still i can't sink it with magnetic.
I've made a mission were the surfaced enemy sub and mine was pointing right at each other at 333 meter of distance so the torpedo must pass the entire lenght of the enemy sub.Launched a salvo of 4 at zero spread with a depth of 7 meter.

All the torpedo passed just below the keel of the enemy sub without exploding.