Forget password? Reset here

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-01-18, 02:58 PM   #1
SaltiDawg
Watch

Downloads: 10
Uploads: 0
Default Ahoy from New Guy

Hi all. Retired US Navy Submariner here. Absolute newcomer wannabe to PC Games. Served on five boats - Diesels T1, and Quillback. SSN-637s Pargo, Bergall, and Trepang.

I have an old Laptop that is dying. Just got a new Dell Laptop: mDell - G Series 15.6" Laptop - Intel Core i7 - 16GB Memory - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 - 128GB SSD + 1TB HDD

Working the courage up to set it up - never had two drives before. Looking for suggestions.

The game Cold Waters has caught my attention. User ET2SN has been welcoming me and has answered some basic questions.

Would like some help here - remember I'm new to gaming. Never done it. Comfortable with Submarine terms, and quite impressed with the savvy shown by lots of users/posters here. I hope to both learn and share.

First thing I am not sure about. To buy Cold Waters I really need to go to either Steam.com or GOG.com to make the purchase. I am thorougly confused as to what the involevment of Steam or GOG is after that purchase. I gather is it is not as simple as, Buy The Game, install it, and play it.

What are the differences between the two purchase sources?

With my new laptop, where should I install the Game? The SDD or the big HDD?

Let's say I get hooked on Subsim and decide to purchase another game. I'm guessing that the purchase process would likely be similar??? Steam or GOG?

If these questions are so basic as to offend, I apologize. I'm nearly 76 years old, spent 24 years in Submarines, and built my first Color TV in 1967.

Salti

SaltiDawg is offline   Reply With Quote