SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 05-17-13, 10:46 AM   #166
Sjizzle
Count Dracula

Downloads: 405
Uploads: 0

good job traveller ... i like your mod.

PS. Traveller mod for Omegu ? or u give it up to make mods.

Have a nice day
Sjizzle
Sjizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-13, 11:34 AM   #167
Traveller
Captain

Downloads: 89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sjizzle View Post
good job traveller ... i like your mod.

PS. Traveller mod for Omegu ? or u give it up to make mods.

Have a nice day
Sjizzle
Thank you. I hope you enjoy it.

Actually, I had already started working on an OMEGU version also, but stopped to finish the final few TMO versions. Traveller 2.4 will be the last version for TMO, but I really want to release an OMEGU version. I will be taking a break first, as I'm getting a bit tired of modding. But I do plan on releasing an OMEGU version sometime in the future.
Traveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-13, 12:42 PM   #168
Sjizzle
Count Dracula

Downloads: 405

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveller View Post
Thank you. I hope you enjoy it.

Actually, I had already started working on an OMEGU version also, but stopped to finish the final few TMO versions. Traveller 2.4 will be the last version for TMO, but I really want to release an OMEGU version. I will be taking a break first, as I'm getting a bit tired of modding. But I do plan on releasing an OMEGU version sometime in the future.
this is a good news enjoy the break cos sometimes need a break
Sjizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-13, 12:57 AM   #169
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Downloads: 550
Uploads: 42

Browsing the extensive change logs in this mod, is the more realistic sinking times mod for TMO part of this mod? I read about a compatibility patch but did not see one, assuming it was rolled in and I just missed it?
Bubblehead1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-13, 06:38 AM   #170
Traveller
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubblehead1980 View Post
Browsing the extensive change logs in this mod, is the more realistic sinking times mod for TMO part of this mod? I read about a compatibility patch but did not see one, assuming it was rolled in and I just missed it?
My version of longer sinking times was merged a while back. So it has been an included feature for quite some time.
Old 05-18-13, 10:39 AM   #171
J0313
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 1786

Quote:
My version of longer sinking times was merged a while back. So it has been an included feature for quite some time.
I asked the same question. I felt pretty dumb about it since I missed it in the readme on a past version that you had made. Did you come out with the patch for 2.4 yet?
J0313 is online   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-13, 11:18 AM   #172
Traveller
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by J0313 View Post
I asked the same question. I felt pretty dumb about it since I missed it in the readme on a past version that you had made. Did you come out with the patch for 2.4 yet?
No problem. I think a lot of people don't read the included Readme.txt file. But I wish they would. There are many, many changes and new features listed.

As far as the 2.4 patch, it's about to be released. But I came across one problem with the S-18 and S-42 engines damage that I just cannot figure out. But as soon as I get that problem fixed, I'll be releasing the patch. Hopefully tomorrow if all goes well.
Old 05-18-13, 11:27 AM   #173
J0313
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 1786

Quote:
No problem. I think a lot of people don't read the included Readme.txt file. But I wish they would. There are many, many changes and new features listed.

As far as the 2.4 patch, it's about to be released. But I came across one problem with the S-18 and S-42 engines damage that I just cannot figure out. But as soon as I get that problem fixed, I'll be releasing the patch. Hopefully tomorrow if all goes well.
Dont get me wrong. I do read the readmes. But I'm comfortable with your mods and I got complacent becouse I know basically whats included.
J0313 is online   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-13, 12:12 PM   #174
CptLoonee
Helmsman

Downloads: 29

Has anyone else noticed that the radio seems to work even when submerged with this mod? That was not the case with TMO, and I can't think of anything else that would cause this. I had Fred's radio mod (edited the radio.ini) but I had that before the installation of this mod and did not notice this. It's certainly not "gamebreaking" but I liked hearing the radio fade and cut out when submerging. Any ideas? So far though, great mod.
CptLoonee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-13, 12:18 PM   #175
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Quote:
Thanks, I did go over the read me, guess I missed it, have not had a chance to read over.About to run the mod here in a few, looking forward to it.
Old 05-18-13, 02:50 PM   #176
captnmike
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Traveller,
I love the new "pin-up Gals" In the into, Are they by any chance "Vargas" girls from old "playboy" mags? And I'm still loving the heavy sea and wave effect on the boats!! Keep up the nice work!
captnmike :-)
Old 05-18-13, 05:07 PM   #177
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Love the mod so far but the nights sure get dark, definitely adjusting.
Old 05-18-13, 05:28 PM   #178
Armistead
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 364

Bubble,

If you've seen any of my night SS's, I prefer dark nights with no moon and more light when moon is out. I find adding more moonlight gives a better look and realistic play, rather than adjusting all the colors, If also makes moon attacks easier. I've got several options, but my post 40 probably is the better looking ones. If you look, you can see a lot of light with moon on the horizon, but opposite horizon still dark. Probably would still look better with colors a lil darker.

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=196108

You see my dog don't like people laughing. He gets the crazy idea you're laughing at him. Now if you apologize like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Last edited by Armistead; 05-18-13 at 05:43 PM.
Armistead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-13, 05:45 PM   #179
Traveller
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by captnmike View Post
Traveller,
I love the new "pin-up Gals" In the into, Are they by any chance "Vargas" girls from old "playboy" mags? And I'm still loving the heavy sea and wave effect on the boats!! Keep up the nice work!
captnmike :-)
Thanks. Yes, they are Vargas girls from the 1940's. I got tired of staring at sweaty, half-naked men while waiting for my game to load.

Regarding the larger wave movement, I was worried it might be too much in v2.4, and I was planning on toning it down some. But if people are liking it, I might leave it unchanged in the patch. Sure makes torpedo attacks difficult.

Last edited by Traveller; 05-18-13 at 08:54 PM.
Old 05-18-13, 06:20 PM   #180
Traveller
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubblehead1980 View Post
Love the mod so far but the nights sure get dark, definitely adjusting.
Readjusting the gamma game setting brighter can greatly unbalance the game in your favor, allowing you to see much farther at night than visual sensors allow. So be careful with that. The best advice I can give is to adjust the gamma to be able to spot a ship at night about the same time as your watch crew.

The darkness in v2.4 was added to simulate not being able to see enemy ships at night until much closer. So if you can't see well on your screen, that's intended and normal. But it also allows you to remain hidden in the cover of darkness for surface attacks and escaping. Before, you could easily see ships (and they could see you) at 10,000+ meters distance at night. But now you'll be lucky to spot them at 4,000-5,000 meters. To help accomplish this, I added a black fog 'effect' to the skyline at night.

Also, enemy coastal guns will no longer be able to spot you in the middle of the night at extremely long ranges. Plus I like Armistead's idea of making the moonlight brighter. I might try to add that to the patch.

Last edited by Traveller; 05-18-13 at 07:01 PM.