SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics > PC Hardware/Software forum
Forget password? Reset here

Old 07-18-08, 05:42 PM   #1
Konovalov
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 8
Uploads: 0
Hardware colour calibration devices

Just curious if anyone here has any experience with using a hardware colour calibartion device for their monitor or printer? The last year I have got more and more involved in photography and I want to start printing and possibly selling prints.

My problem is that the prints I have done don't remotely match my computer screen and quite frankly it is a waste of time editing my images with post processing software (Nikon Capture NX) if the colours on my monitor aren't right. I have tried the software that was bundled with my Samsung SM226 BW monitor, Magictune but without success.

Can anyone recommend a good hardware calibration device for around £150 max?
"In a Christian context, sexuality is traditionally seen as a consequence of the Fall, but for Muslims, it is an anticipation of paradise. So I can say, I think, that I was validly converted to Islam by a teenage French Jewish nudist." Sheikh Abdul-Hakim Murad (Timothy Winter)
Konovalov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-08, 05:51 PM   #2
fatty
The Old Man

Downloads: 10
Uploads: 0

I think the Spyder is the industry standard, but I have no experience with hardware calibration devices. I don't print that often and when I do the results are close enough that I don't notice any mismatches. Looks like the Spyder fits within your budget too.
fatty is offline   Reply With Quote