SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics > PC Hardware/Software forum
Forget password? Reset here

Old 05-12-08, 09:34 AM   #16
HunterICX
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 8
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by steinbeck
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel_Tomb
I personally would get a copy of windows by other means... *cough*

Or go to linux... good OS that. I'm running a linux system downstairs and its never let me down, which is more than can be said for windows.
.................................................. .................................................. .....
I visit * demonoid* every day, wonderful place and already have * another*

Thanks anyway!! Loathe to use it tho'

steinbeck
.................................................. .................................................. ........
I have found that Microsoft themselves actually have a small 'prog' for this very problem. Found this on 'Demonoid', did a d/l and it worked straight away. So, problem solved

steinbeck...
Perhaps you want to read our policy again, sir?

What is Subsim.com's stance in relation to warez and piracy?
SUBSIM Review has a longstanding policy against software piracy. We do NOT allow discussion or even mention of warez, abandonware, peer-to-peer game swapping, illegal download sites, or rip-off websites. Nothing will get you banned faster than pointing people to illegal software distribution sites. Don't ask for serial numbers, manuals, or cracks. Any admission that you have in your possession illegal software can and usually will result in revocation of your Radio Room forum account. Support computer game programmers buy legally purchasing their work. They have to eat too, you know.

HunterICX
Old 05-19-08, 02:50 AM   #17
steinbeck
Frogman

Downloads: 808
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterICX
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel_Tomb
I personally would get a copy of windows by other means... *cough*

Or go to linux... good OS that. I'm running a linux system downstairs and its never let me down, which is more than can be said for windows.
.................................................. .................................................. .....
I visit * demonoid* every day, wonderful place and already have * another*

Thanks anyway!! Loathe to use it tho'

steinbeck
.................................................. .................................................. ........
I have found that Microsoft themselves actually have a small 'prog' for this very problem. Found this on 'Demonoid', did a d/l and it worked straight away. So, problem solved

steinbeck...
Perhaps you want to read our policy again, sir?

What is Subsim.com's stance in relation to warez and piracy?
SUBSIM Review has a longstanding policy against software piracy. We do NOT allow discussion or even mention of warez, abandonware, peer-to-peer game swapping, illegal download sites, or rip-off websites. Nothing will get you banned faster than pointing people to illegal software distribution sites. Don't ask for serial numbers, manuals, or cracks. Any admission that you have in your possession illegal software can and usually will result in revocation of your Radio Room forum account. Support computer game programmers buy legally purchasing their work. They have to eat too, you know.

HunterICX
Sorry, just reread my post, It is misleading, I saw the link on my sons machine and I d/l from Microsoft myself for thre programme. Nothing I have is illegal. So an apology to you

steinbeck...
steinbeck is offline   Reply With Quote