SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics > PC Hardware/Software forum
Forget password? Reset here

Old 07-31-08, 02:58 PM   #16
antikristuseke
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 3
Uploads: 0

Heh, thing is, it is difficult to take a picture of any part of my room without some alcohol container finding its way on to the picture
antikristuseke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-08, 03:20 PM   #17
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 90

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUBMAN1
Quote:
Originally Posted by AVGWarhawk
Fortunate for me I do not drive a lot of wattage for frying eggs. The Cool Master I purchased has the entire face as a grill to pull cool air through the entire unit. I think I paid $60.00 for it. I would say the case is constructed very well. Plenty of room to jam a lot of stuff in there if I so desire.

This is the one I have:

http://www.elektronika.si/images/Centurion%205.jpg
I know someone with that case. That is a good case and yes, you can cram a ton of stuff in it!

-S
It is a good looking case and mean business but if you opened it up you would find three mice on a treadmill running the motherboard. All I did was gut my Emachine and jam the stuff in there. You will probably remember the PM's to you concerning the thing just shutting down? I found out it was the power switch. So, I could have gotten a new switch for $3.00 or get this nice new case with new switch for $60.00. I know the math does not seem to be right but what the heck. I ended up with a new $60.00 switch. It solved my problems as well. The computer works great now!
Old 07-31-08, 03:21 PM   #18
SUBMAN1
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 0

Looks a little dusty in there! Anyway, here is mine!

Old 07-31-08, 03:24 PM   #19
SUBMAN1
Rear Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVGWarhawk
It is a good looking case and mean business but if you opened it up you would find three mice on a treadmill running the motherboard. All I did was gut my Emachine and jam the stuff in there. You will probably remember the PM's to you concerning the thing just shutting down? I found out it was the power switch. So, I could have gotten a new switch for $3.00 or get this nice new case with new switch for $60.00. I know the math does not seem to be right but what the heck. I ended up with a new $60.00 switch. It solved my problems as well. The computer works great now!
Hey, whatever works! If you like it, it has more value than a $60 switch!

Now you guys are distracting me from working! I need to finish up a few things before the end of the day!

-S
Old 07-31-08, 07:55 PM   #20
SUBMAN1
Rear Admiral

No other case pics???? No one can touch the Alc I put next to my system, but I'm sure someone can post a better case pic than mine! Mine is getting out of date!

An yes, that bottle is a 1995 Merlot from Alexander Valley's Stonestreet! It would probably be better described as a Claret being a good portion Cabernet! 14.2%. The funny thing - that Samael's from Avery sitting in the foreground is a 15.8% jobbie for an Ale! They change every year, but the current one is especially potent!

-S
Old 07-31-08, 08:47 PM   #21
Peto
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUBMAN1
An yes, that bottle is a 1995 Merlot from Alexander Valley's Stonestreet! It would probably be better described as a Claret being a good portion Cabernet! 14.2%. The funny thing - that Samael's from Avery sitting in the foreground is a 15.8% jobbie for an Ale! They change every year, but the current one is especially potent!

-S
I was going to mention that I was more interested in the bottle of Merlot than any of the cases :hmm:. Glad you made that last post!

I currently use a Kingwin case. They seem kind of hard to find now-a-days. I picked mine because it was only 50 bucks and got the MaximumPC "KickAss" award. Easy to work in and two 120mm fans is a must have IMO. I wish it opened to the right though .
Old 07-31-08, 10:59 PM   #22
LiveGoat
XO

Downloads: 439

I just Built a new PC and I using a Cooler Master Centurion and I love the thing. Lots of room and two big fans. It wasn't cheap but I was actually gonna get an antec (with no fans) for considerably more. It was made of steel and was pretty nice but I was on a budget. In the end I'm glad I got the CMaster. The funny thing is that, with the all the vents and holes on the thing, I'm gonna have to get a dust cover for it. If the trend toward running PCs as cool as possible keeps up they'll probably start making them entirely out of chicken wire!
LiveGoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-08, 11:48 PM   #23
SUBMAN1
Rear Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peto
I was going to mention that I was more interested in the bottle of Merlot than any of the cases :hmm:. Glad you made that last post!

I currently use a Kingwin case. They seem kind of hard to find now-a-days. I picked mine because it was only 50 bucks and got the MaximumPC "KickAss" award. Easy to work in and two 120mm fans is a must have IMO. I wish it opened to the right though .
Ya know? I hear ya! That bottle of Merlot can stand up against any case there is and attract more attention! Only a hot woman would probably attract more more attention! :p

-S
Old 07-31-08, 11:49 PM   #24
SUBMAN1
Rear Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiveGoat
I just Built a new PC and I using a Cooler Master Centurion and I love the thing. Lots of room and two big fans. It wasn't cheap but I was actually gonna get an antec (with no fans) for considerably more. It was made of steel and was pretty nice but I was on a budget. In the end I'm glad I got the CMaster. The funny thing is that, with the all the vents and holes on the thing, I'm gonna have to get a dust cover for it. If the trend toward running PCs as cool as possible keeps up they'll probably start making them entirely out of chicken wire!
Cooler Master makes good product. Always have!

-S