SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Sub/Naval + Other Games > Sub/Naval & General Games Discussion
Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-22-14, 12:18 PM   #2266
frau kaleun
Rear Admiral

Location: Skyri--oh who are we kidding, I'm probably at Lowe's. Again.
Downloads: 168
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nippelspanner View Post

Warning: You might die of laughter...
Those were awesome!
frau kaleun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-14, 12:27 PM   #2267
Nippelspanner
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by frau kaleun View Post
Those were awesome!
I know!
Old 01-22-14, 12:39 PM   #2268
frau kaleun
Rear Admiral

Quote:
I know!
Some of the loading screens were really hilarious. And SO true.

Also I was just about falling off my chair when the DB accidentally picked up stuff from his table and was trying to put it back. Been there, done that. So many of the home furnishings that I worked so hard to pay for have ended up being sold to local merchants or the Khajiit that I've lost track. Easier to unload them for a couple septims than try and put them back in place.

At this point I just mod the player homes to have exactly what I want where I want it with havok disabled on almost everything so there's never any need to move something and stuff doesn't get knocked over just from loading the stupid cell and walking around. Still doesn't undo the accidental picking up of things when a finger twitches at the wrong moment or a cat decides to walk across my desktop. Sometimes I end up reloading a save just to put things right again... probably end up making more saves inside my homes for that reason than I do in the longest dungeons.
Old 01-22-14, 01:00 PM   #2269
Nippelspanner
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

"Spiders are among the weakest creatures in Skyrim.
They are slow, do low damage and are fairly stupid...
...But they'll haunt your forkin' dreams forever."

My favorite, I spilled my precious Cherry Coke while reading that the first time... The laugh was worth all the cleaning though.

I wish they would do more!

The recruiters for the Stormcloaks and the Empire could have their own show as well, I'd subscribe immediately!
Old 01-23-14, 02:37 PM   #2270
frau kaleun
Rear Admiral

Quote:
"Spiders are among the weakest creatures in Skyrim.
They are slow, do low damage and are fairly stupid...
...But they'll haunt your forkin' dreams forever."

My favorite, I spilled my precious Cherry Coke while reading that the first time... The laugh was worth all the cleaning though.

I wish they would do more!

The recruiters for the Stormcloaks and the Empire could have their own show as well, I'd subscribe immediately!
I especially liked the one with a pic of the College which said, "The Great Collapse in Winterhold happened, like, 80 years ago. So conjure up a hammer and fix the bleepin' bridge already."

But still not as good as the screen with the "unusual gem" that just said "Bleep these things." I LAUGHED SO HARD.

Very true about the spiders, though, especially the giant ones that drop down from the ceiling. My first playthrough I went straight from Riverwood to Bleak Falls Barrow and I was NOT expecting that thing and just about jumped out of my seat. Now I know where all of them are and it still freaks me out a little.
Old 01-23-14, 02:41 PM   #2271
Nippelspanner
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Yeah it's weird, you know they can't really do anything but they are still so... terrifying!

These Gems... it's so true. Bleep these things!
Never did that quest, never... And when I find one, I don't even pick them up anymore, I just.. hate them.

Oh and for an unusual gem they look extraordinarily boring and ugly and badly made, really
Old 01-23-14, 03:03 PM   #2272
frau kaleun
Rear Admiral

Quote:
Yeah it's weird, you know they can't really do anything but they are still so... terrifying!
I really don't like spiders in real life. You can imagine how I feel about GIANT spiders that want to kill and eat me.

Quote:
These Gems... it's so true. Bleep these things!
Never did that quest, never... And when I find one, I don't even pick them up anymore, I just.. hate them.
I use a mod that lets me sell one to Ri'saad, once I do that it marks the "see an appraiser" objective complete without updating to the next objective in the quest, and I can sell any more I find to him (altho at a lot less than their "true" value). Once I've sold the first gem to him the quest basically disappears from the game unless I go to him and buy a gem back, and then it reactivates. I think I may even have modded the mod so that I can sell subsequent gems to other vendors as well... but if I do that I have to be absolutely sure I'm never gonna pursue that quest, cuz I might not be able to get them back from the other merchants.

Honestly I don't remember finishing that quest even before I had the mod and joined the TG. Sometimes I mod the player homes with a special spot to display one of them, and put in a hidden activator and script that lets me place one in that spot, just because there's one in the house in Solitude so why not put one in every home. It's not like I can resist picking them up when I see them.
Old 01-23-14, 03:07 PM   #2273
Nippelspanner
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
It's not like I can resist picking them up when I see them.
"Diamonds..."
Old 01-23-14, 03:20 PM   #2274
frau kaleun
Rear Admiral

Quote:
"Diamonds..."
They're just so SHINY!!!!!

Honestly I have a hard time not picking certain things, and gems (including the unusual ones) and jewelry are definitely on the list. As are bits of ore, ingots, and any other smithing materials. Even 60 levels in when I'm filthy rich, own several homes and have myself and all my peeps outfitted with the best in high end gear, I will still come out of some dungeons loaded to the gills and that's after having done a weight-to-value analysis half a dozen times along the way to figure out what to drop to stay under my carry weight limit.
Old 01-23-14, 03:33 PM   #2275
Nippelspanner
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
They're just so SHINY!!!!!

Honestly I have a hard time not picking certain things, and gems (including the unusual ones) and jewelry are definitely on the list. As are bits of ore, ingots, and any other smithing materials. Even 60 levels in when I'm filthy rich, own several homes and have myself and all my peeps outfitted with the best in high end gear, I will still come out of some dungeons loaded to the gills and that's after having done a weight-to-value analysis half a dozen times along the way to figure out what to drop to stay under my carry weight limit.
What can I say, you're a true capitalist then?
It's never enough...ever.
Old 01-23-14, 03:46 PM   #2276
Lionclaw
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 5

I usually collect weapons and armor pieces, the valuable ones or just a certain set. I usually pick up Elven stuff if I find them, they look so cool!

Then the Dwarven stuff, heavy!!

I always seem to be on the limit of the carrying limit, can't seem to drop off enough excess stuff. Hmm, I might need that.
Lionclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-14, 01:06 AM   #2277
donna52522
Lady Mariner

Downloads: 225

Not sure if I should post this here or in the funny pictures thread.

Old 02-07-14, 06:58 AM   #2278
Schroeder
Navy Seal

Downloads: 62

Skyrim has no logic. The entire setting doesn't make much sense.
Old 02-22-14, 11:15 PM   #2279
KilluH!
Swabbie

Downloads: 73
Default hmm

I hope they don't dumb it down to hard. seems to be the way games are going
KilluH! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-14, 07:01 AM   #2280
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Anyone playing TES Online now? I saw the prices, and immediately lost interest. Game costs 50 Euros, then 11-13 Euros per month. That is minimum 161 Euros for the first year!

Compare:

The Hunter: ~30 Euros per year. Maybe occassional minor investments for certain consumables are recommended, but they are not needed.

Steel Beasts Pro: 89 Euros for the actual full package, unlimited. Upgrades every 12-18 months: 18 Euros, can be passed on.

TES Online is hilariously expensive, imo. This way no way, Bethesda!