SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Modern-Era Subsims > Dangerous Waters > DW Mod Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 07-04-10, 03:36 PM   #1051
Pillar
Electrician's Mate

Downloads: 5
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbird34 View Post
I just got the new RA mod and first thing i did was took out all the subs for a nice test drive and make some nice boomb boombs! then when it came to the FFG i was puzzled why my torpedoes were so useless. Using the MK54's i set up my self against a KILO SS, when i fired my torps their search pattern was so slow and broad that they circled around the sub and went of to who knows where, now some times i could see that the torp would start to turn on target only to pass it because it couldn't turn hard enough so i switch to circle search mode and still they miss, it seems that the actives search cone is the width of a straw , so after almost completing a full circle 'which took forever' my torpedo decided to die on me. Hmm 6 fish wasted no hits and a 30 min reload per tube. i tried the set up over and over again and i got to frustrated to continue i had about a 10% kill rate per mission. not very savy So if anyone else finds this an issue or you think i'm just terrible with the FFG please send some insight!
Regards Blackbird.

See this thread -- http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=171064

could be the issue?
Pillar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-10, 08:36 PM   #1052
Bob117
Sailor man

Downloads: 4
Default Udaloy Helo Torps and Silex ASW Missile Torp

I was wondering would anyone know when it comes to the player controllable Udlaoy, is it possible to make the helo dropped torps search in active mode? instead of just passive. same goes for the silex asw missile torps. i think this was done intentionally though to even the playing field since surface ships have the advantage of sonarbuoys. Id like to hear others opinions thanks. Well apparently the silex ASW torp used by the Udaloy is in active mode according to the RA weapons guide ( I do even hear a ping when it circles) but I find this hard to believe, how can this torp land rite on top of an enemy postion and accquire nothing? 2 instances this happened one was in a multiplayer match and the opposing player even said that in the replay they landed rite on top of him and didnt accquire. I am going to do more testing alone in the map editor but any comments or advice would be highly appreciated

Last edited by Bob117; 07-08-10 at 08:28 PM. Reason: Correcting myself on misinformation
Bob117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-10, 02:54 AM   #1053
Drakken72
Nub

Downloads: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob117 View Post
but I find this hard to believe, how can this torp land rite on top of an enemy postion and accquire nothing? 2 instances this happened one was in a multiplayer match and the opposing player even said that in the replay they landed rite on top of him and didnt accquire. I am going to do more testing alone in the map editor but any comments or advice would be highly appreciated
Hi Bob,
hi all, im a player of betasom groups, I confirm your impressions about SILEX torpedos, and other "russian torpedos" , in MOD RA Final release.
in our weekly games we have noticed as in the last version of the mod all the torpedos (except MK48) have a cone of acquisition that doesn't allow to strike any objective. (UGST - Test - SILEX (with UGMT-1 TORP) - Stallion (with AP-3) they don't work, and in comparison to the mk-48s there is a great difference that engraves on the GAME-PLAY OF DW.

This is the report of last our game:
ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS:
Sea State: 2 - Bottom type: Mud - Weather: Overcast - SSP Type: Bottom Limited - Ice Coverage: 92%

TABLE N.1 HRS 13.00.08 zulu (show TRUTH)

TABLE N.2 HRS 13.00.10 zulu (without show TRUTH)

As the TMA can be seen it was very precise, rather it set us the nearest sub... therefore my torpedos are activated well before..

TAVOLA N.3 HRS 13.00.33 zulu (show TRUTH)

Test of the happened activation is the progress to zig-zag of the torpedos... (series TEST-71)

TABLE N.4 ORE 13.00.51 zulu (show TRUTH)

Attention, the two torpedos (here in evidence the first one to the left) they find under the 200 yards of distance...) the first one doesn't hook a Long target more than 100 meters..

TABLE N.5 ORE 13.00.51 zulu (show TRUTH)

the second draws near to almost 100 yards but also this doesn't see the target...
it seems that the cone of more acquisition draws near to the more target is inefficient...
in fact to the maximum distance of acquisition, the torpedo hooks the target, (you see table n° 1) but reached few yards, the torpedo (cause the values of angles reduced of acquisition, and also doctrines) loses the contact... (you see table n° 3)

Any comments or advice would be highly appreciated
Drakken72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-10, 09:00 AM   #1054
Captain Wolf
Swabbie

Downloads: 103
RA 1.1 Torpedo CTD

Hi all,
been playing DW for 3 or so years and have been using RA 1.0 since it was released, CrazyIvan and the rest of the RA team make one hell of a good mod and i salute you.
So i was really excited to find that RA 1.1 had been re-released and was able to download.
The installation went fine (i think) after making sure it was a clean DW 1.04 beforehand. The game loaded with out a hitch and every thing seemed to be hunky dory the victor ssn models look brilliant (my fav ssn).
Started a quickstart mission (ASW Area Search) using one of the subs, picked up the enemy sub and fired a torpedo at it, while the torpedo was running the game CTDed. I tried again this time ASW Barrier seach and the enemy shot a torpedo at me and with in seconds the game had CTD again.
I then did A ASUW intercept using the oscar fired the shipwecks which went all the way and sunk the target No CTD! until i fired a torpedo at the secondary target where it promptly CTDed?
I have found that firing missiles cause no problems and a CTD only happens when torps are in the water both standard and rocket.
My first instinct was that i made a mistake in the downloading and installing so I redid both just to make sure and reinstalled a clean version of DW with patch 1.04 build 378 started the game but the problem was still there.
I have read through both the Redrerogers forum and this forum and found that no-one has the same problem and their versions work so i have come back to my first conclusion to what the hell have I done to bugger it up.
Would appreciate any feed back on what I have done wrong.
Cheers
Captain Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-10, 04:40 PM   #1055
-GrayOwl-
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Wolf View Post
Hi all,
been playing DW for 3 or so years and have been using RA 1.0 since it was released, CrazyIvan and the rest of the RA team make one hell of a good mod and i salute you.
So i was really excited to find that RA 1.1 had been re-released and was able to download.
The installation went fine (i think) after making sure it was a clean DW 1.04 beforehand. The game loaded with out a hitch and every thing seemed to be hunky dory the victor ssn models look brilliant (my fav ssn).
Started a quickstart mission (ASW Area Search) using one of the subs, picked up the enemy sub and fired a torpedo at it, while the torpedo was running the game CTDed. I tried again this time ASW Barrier seach and the enemy shot a torpedo at me and with in seconds the game had CTD again.
I then did A ASUW intercept using the oscar fired the shipwecks which went all the way and sunk the target No CTD! until i fired a torpedo at the secondary target where it promptly CTDed?
I have found that firing missiles cause no problems and a CTD only happens when torps are in the water both standard and rocket.
My first instinct was that i made a mistake in the downloading and installing so I redid both just to make sure and reinstalled a clean version of DW with patch 1.04 build 378 started the game but the problem was still there.
I have read through both the Redrerogers forum and this forum and found that no-one has the same problem and their versions work so i have come back to my first conclusion to what the hell have I done to bugger it up.
Would appreciate any feed back on what I have done wrong.
Cheers
What mistake comes?

In ЕХЕ a file or NavalSimEngine?

You see in the editor Database - have GRAPHIC model of a torpedo (Which has called CTD)?

Probably that the model was not install on what that to the reasons.

Last edited by -GrayOwl-; 07-11-10 at 04:55 PM.
Old 07-11-10, 05:08 PM   #1056
goldorak
Admiral

Downloads: 0

@ Captain Wolf : windows logs every CTD into a database.
You can read the different entries and it will tell you exactly what caused the CTD. My hunch is that your problems are very likely to be caused by video or audio drivers.

To find the database go into control panel->administrative tools->event viewer
goldorak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-10, 03:34 AM   #1057
Captain Wolf
Swabbie

Default RA 1.1 Torpedo CTD

Quote:
Originally Posted by -GrayOwl- View Post
What mistake comes?

In ЕХЕ a file or NavalSimEngine?

You see in the editor Database - have GRAPHIC model of a torpedo (Which has called CTD)?

Probably that the model was not install on what that to the reasons.
Hi Grayowl thanks for getting back,
when the game Crash To Desktop 'CTD' an error message come up but at the moment i have forgotten what it says need to get back get back on you with that one. the error has happened with multiple torps UGST's, ADCAP's, Shkvall's and i was viewing the torps in the 3D screen on the nav map where there didn't seem to be anything wrong with the models.

To Goldorak my machine is a dell Inspriron 1720 laptop with Nvidia 8600 graphics card and the audio is sigmatel something, i loaded on to another machine with different hardware (don't know what at the moment) and had the same CTD problem. will check the event database on both machines when i finish work and will get back to you.

Cheers

PS RA 1.0 runs fine on both machines though when i reinstalled with it by the way.
PSS when installing part 1-2 etc, is there any difference in the parts cause when looking through them they have the exact same files and folders in them and when you install them parts 2,3,4 always ask to overwrite files that part 1 installed using the .bat file

Last edited by Captain Wolf; 07-12-10 at 10:02 AM.
Old 07-14-10, 03:48 AM   #1058
Captain Wolf
Swabbie

Hi again
Right I have managed to get hold of the error event logs for the unknown machine at work (we r using DW for testing) and are as follows:

8/7/2010 15:39
Faulting application dangerouswaters.exe, version 0.1.0.4, faulting module navalsimengine.dll, version 0.1.0.5, fault address 0x0003aaa1.

8/7/2010 15:39:27
Hanging application dangerouswaters.exe, version 0.1.0.4, hang module hungapp, version 0.0.0.0, hang address 0x00000000

8/7/2010 15:42:47
Faulting application dangerouswaters.exe, version 0.1.0.4, faulting module navalsimengine.dll, version 0.1.0.5, fault address 0x0003aaa1

8/7/2010 15:43:24
Hanging application dangerouswaters.exe, version 0.1.0.4, hang module hungapp, version 0.0.0.0, hang address 0x00000000.

I will readly adimit that i am not really sure what the above means except i can see that dangerousewaters.exe and navalsimebgine are mentioned. I haven't been able to locate the error logs in the event viewer for my home laptop but both machines had the same problem so i think that the logs would have been similar.
Old 07-14-10, 12:55 PM   #1059
Matrosek
Nub

Downloads: 12

It's possible to add playable Kobben class in next version RA-Mod?
Old 07-18-10, 01:49 PM   #1060
Captain Sub
Gunner

Downloads: 8

If any of you play RA on maps that were saved in Lwami or Stock 1.04 you're going to get errors.

For example, when I loaded a stock map one of my enemies started not as a sub but as a torpedo and he disappeared when he ran out of fuel.

So know what you're doing people, know what you're doing.

The russian torpedos all work very well and I've used many of them with great success, especially the airdropped. I do not recommend APR-2ME's unless for extreme precision strikes on runners.

SSN ASW works very well when the third digit in 'run to enable' is put to "1", setting the torpedo to active (not documented in the weaps manual).

kind regards,

Paul
Captain Sub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-10, 03:01 PM   #1061
goldorak
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Sub View Post
The russian torpedos all work very well and I've used many of them with great success, especially the airdropped. I do not recommend APR-2ME's unless for extreme precision strikes on runners.

SSN ASW works very well when the third digit in 'run to enable' is put to "1", setting the torpedo to active (not documented in the weaps manual).

kind regards,

Paul
Well its refreshing to read someone that at least praises the russian weapons deadly accuracy.

As for the undocumented part, actually it is written in the weapons manual but in the section regarding the virginias subrocs. Thats why it is important to read ALL the weapons manual.
Old 07-18-10, 08:59 PM   #1062
Captain Sub
Gunner

Downloads: 8

Quote:
As for the undocumented part, actually it is written in the weapons manual but in the section regarding the virginias subrocs. Thats why it is important to read ALL the weapons manual.

Wrong. It doesn't say in the UUM-125B Sea Lance that it's settings also apply to SSN-27 ASW.

Further, at 005 sealance is active, at 005 ASW is passive. At 105 ASW is active.

If there are modes to the SSN-27 ASW and apparently there are, they are to be explained under the section dedicated to SSN-27 ASW and they aren't, nor are they explained anywhere else in the manual.

kind regards,

Paul
Captain Sub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-10, 12:45 AM   #1063
goldorak
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Sub View Post
Wrong. It doesn't say in the UUM-125B Sea Lance that it's settings also apply to SSN-27 ASW.

Further, at 005 sealance is active, at 005 ASW is passive. At 105 ASW is active.

If there are modes to the SSN-27 ASW and apparently there are, they are to be explained under the section dedicated to SSN-27 ASW and they aren't, nor are they explained anywhere else in the manual.

kind regards,

Paul
From the manual :

Quote:
- 31 -
UUM-125B “Sea Lance” SUBROC [SSN 774 Virginia Payload]
ASW missile

[cut]

MODE PRESETS:
The torpedo can be nominated by the player in the following modes of search:
Active mode, search under a layer.
Program a Subroc Missile by such preset:
Run To Enable: 00010
Two last digits (Red), represent a distance of a throw of a chute – 10 nmi. (Or as it is necessary)
Third figure of the category (Blue) - will code a mode.

Active mode, search above a layer.
Run To Enable: 00110
Two last digits (Red), represent a distance of a throw of a chute.
Third figure (Blue ONE ) of the category - will code a mode.
Passive mode, search under a layer.
Run To Enable: 00210
Passive mode, search above a layer.
Run To Enable: 00310

* - All User Subrocs with Torpedo Payload, in RA Add-on, are supplied with this option
For successful in-game launch of the missile Ownship depth must be 150 ft (50 m) or above.
Ownship speed must not exceed 6 knots.

NOTE: This weapon is not normally carried by the “Virginia” Class or any other U.S Subs.
It is available in loadout for gameplay purposes.

“Run To Enable” preset for this weapon settings in Nmi instead Yards.
Preset “Run To Enable” as 00005 assigned drop torpedo at 5 n.m. from Own Ship.
Old 07-24-10, 05:23 PM   #1064
LoBlo
Subsim Diehard

Downloads: 78
Uploads: 3

Question for the RA team.

Do you think that the colors on the Virginia class control screens could be changed to reflect the real life control screen colors? He's a link to the RL virginia control display. http://news.cnet.com/2300-11386_3-10...html?tag=mncol
Old 07-25-10, 11:58 AM   #1065
-GrayOwl-
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoBlo View Post
Question for the RA team.

Do you think that the colors on the Virginia class control screens could be changed to reflect the real life control screen colors? He's a link to the RL virginia control display. http://news.cnet.com/2300-11386_3-10...html?tag=mncol

Now - only job above bugs in the engine of game.

From that what colour of the interface Virginia is really nothing changes in gameplay.. Only empty expenditure of time on to alter interfaces.

Much more usefully - to clean serious mistakes (bugs).

As for example such:

http://www.redrodgers.com/forums/sho...postcount=1116

By the way - SubCommand game, by it this bug also.

SCS a code at all has not corrected, xe-xe...

It was " old arriving " bug from ancient times.It was corrected forever .

Last edited by -GrayOwl-; 07-25-10 at 01:13 PM.

Tags
reinforce alert