SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter III
Forget password? Reset here

Old 08-08-16, 07:39 PM   #1
buddha96
Watch

Downloads: 6
Uploads: 0
Default help !! B-29s

Its july 1942. im on 42% with realistic vunerability OFF . Im sailing from france to NY,USA. I have been sunk 6 of 6 times by aircraft. my watch is a watch officer and 2 watch guys and 1 seaman. As soon as air spotted I hit C , crashdive in 1000 ft of water. The first bomb sinks me. that's crap. This is not a fun way to send 13 real time hours. It cant be this way by design. Please no historical data like 8 of 9 patrols were lost. No one would play a game where no matter what you did you die. So how bout some good advise. On 20th patrol, didn't start till now. ty all
buddha96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-16, 07:53 PM   #2
buddha96
Watch

Downloads: 6
Default also

cant submerge in day and surface at night cause planes attack into 1 or 2 am
buddha96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-16, 12:37 AM   #3
ivanov.ruslan
The Old Man

Downloads: 901

in 44 year, off the coast of England, regularly detect me up at night snorkeling and underwater position
ivanov.ruslan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-16, 03:10 AM   #4
=TFO=Katarn
Watch

Downloads: 225
cool job vacancy:magic flak gunner

What TC do you use?
I got a feeling that with 1024 TC the plane is much closer when spotted then if i use a lower TC,like 512 or 256.
Also not just crash dive but make a 90 degree turn.(90 degree from heading where the plane comes from)

If nothing works you can always goto options and make your batteries magical everlasting then you can sail to NY undetected underwater

Or you can also man your flak guns and instruct your superior flakgunners to shoot any turkey that comes close,prior to the actual encounter.Let 1 single watchofficer do the spotting.Tell your flakcrew to fire at will from far range.When the plane is spotted they will start shooting as soon as it`s in range.Could work with good crew/good equipment and normal windspeed..

good luck!
=TFO=Katarn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-16, 04:14 AM   #5
Mittelwaechter
The Old Man

Downloads: 35

If you have a little experience and resist the greedy 'sink 'em all', it is no problem to avoid depth charges completely. So you merrily sail along and sink freighters without any thrill.

Somehow the fun with the game is to be potentially killed by surprise.

A mine, an incoming aircraft while loading external torpedos, a well aimed bomb from that nasty Mosquito, coming out of nowhere in bad visibility conditons, those two torpedo boats in the channel calling in three DDs to hunt you in shallow waters...

The game would be boring if there were not a certain degree of unpredictability, of variation, of 'damn Bernard didn't tell me the visibility was down to 4000 meters'.

The game doesn't spawn units above you, but only outside of your flat game world circle of about 8 km Vanilla/16 km GWX atmosphere. So if you run a 16 km mod, the game spawns units in a distance of 16 km up to ~30 km away from you. No matter what TC setting.
But the update rhythm of the game - checking positions of all units in your area - will lower the probability of spawned fast units significantly with high TC.
With high TC the 'jumps' of the units are much larger - more often misssing the area to be spawned around you.

So lower your TC for more aircraft to show up - or alter your max TC to 2048 - to keep them away more or less totally.

In early war there are only a few air patrols around GB, but in the later years the Allies cover pretty much every spot of the northern Atlantic regularly.

I would recommend you to lengthen the logic steps between air sessions from 20 to maybe 30/35 - to give you a chance to reload your batteries while surfaced - and later while snorkeling.

Modify (C:\GAMES\)Ubisoft\SilentHunterIII\data\Cfg\Airstr ike.cfg

Open with notepad

Logic Steps Between Air Sessions=30 ;20

BackUp the original somewhere, then save the modification, load and see if you like it.

Edit: by the way - Herr Kaleun may want to rethink his tatics - to save more crew and equipment for the Fatherland: your crew has reduced visibility conditions at night to spot incoming aircraft. Why give the aircraft an advantage?

10 happy wolves rear 90 blinded, ensnared sheep. 90 happy sheep banish the wolves.

Arrest the 1% - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQ6hg1oNeGE

Last edited by Mittelwaechter; 08-09-16 at 05:14 AM.
Mittelwaechter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-16, 04:59 AM   #6
=TFO=Katarn
Watch

Downloads: 225
Icon14

Never too old to learn or too stubborn to accept other Kaleun`s better tactics...Thank you Mittelwaechter
=TFO=Katarn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-16, 05:36 AM   #7
Mittelwaechter
The Old Man

Downloads: 35

Two of your kind and the Germans would have won the war.

Glad to be of help.

10 happy wolves rear 90 blinded, ensnared sheep. 90 happy sheep banish the wolves.

Arrest the 1% - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQ6hg1oNeGE
Mittelwaechter is offline   Reply With Quote