SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 02-23-11, 08:29 AM   #316
makman94
Hellas

Downloads: 182
Uploads: 7

Wonderfull news Reaper !! wellcoming Brett and Fastfranky.

@Hans : start the chronometer

@Reaper : i am not in route to create a widescreen version (at least...not yet) .lets finish first the 1024x768 and we will see later about this .you know, i am not alone in the gui ...you ,also, will be very helpfull as our 'opinions' for guis are the same . i have just shown some ideas to Hans but nothing is decided...i am counting to your opinion-ideas-participation too !
all together will prepare it ...i have a basic 'plan' in my mind (which i believe will be the more 'handy' gui ever made but..., as greeks says ''say 'small' words if you want to eat much food'', so i will say no more atm) but i am not 'sticked' to anything !

what exactly do you want me to send you (via our mails) in order to get access to this site .... a nickname and a password ? is that all ?

Mediafire page:http://www.mediafire.com/folder/da50.../Makman94_Mods
makman94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-11, 08:36 AM   #317
Hans Witteman
Kaleun of U-3

Downloads: 123
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by makman94 View Post
Wonderfull news Reaper !! wellcoming Brett and Fastfranky.

@Hans : start the chronometer

@Reaper : i am not in route to create a widescreen version (at least...not yet) .lets finish first the 1024x768 and we will see later about this .you know, i am not alone in the gui ...you ,also, will be very helpfull as our 'opinions' for guis are the same . i have just shown some ideas to Hans but nothing is decided...i am counting to your opinion-ideas-participation too !
all together will prepare it ...i have a basic 'plan' in my mind (which i believe will be the more 'handy' gui ever made but..., as greeks says ''say 'small' words if you want to eat much food'', so i will say no more atm) but i am not 'sticked' to anything !

what exactly do you want me to send you (via our mails) in order to get access to this site .... a nickname and a password ? is that all ?
Hi mate,

We are starting to organized the team infrastructure this is all great news and i can feel that our project is having favorable wind

As soon as we are functional with the files transfer i will upload the files you need, sorry if i didn't reply to your pm because insomnia was a major problem recently but thank god last night i had 7 straight hours of real sleep

Feel much better today and will finish the Fletcher destroyer and probably start making the video to show our design pipeline

Best regards Hans

Hans Witteman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-11, 08:58 AM   #318
makman94
Hellas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans Witteman View Post
Hi mate,

We are starting to organized the team infrastructure this is all great news and i can feel that our project is having favorable wind

As soon as we are functional with the files transfer i will upload the files you need, sorry if i didn't reply to your pm because insomnia was a major problem recently but thank god last night i had 7 straight hours of real sleep

Feel much better today and will finish the Fletcher destroyer and probably start making the video to show our design pipeline

Best regards Hans
thats ok Hans ! you know ...i am not in a hurry (i believe that you will wait for me ...also....) anyway... whenever you feel ready ... i will be here !

Old 02-23-11, 09:03 AM   #319
makman94
Hellas

Quote:
so , i am calling once again the community to start co-operating at this effort (if anyone has an idea about u2a's scopes specifications ...please share it with us) or else i will proceed to some 'acceptable' to history adjustments like ...x1,5-x6 zooms and fov=38(attack) or 36 degrees(obs) <---that is 'strange' ,according to the current infos it seems that obs had a 'shorter' horiz fov .is it possible to was that way back then?

basically...just some official data are needed...nothing more !
bump !

noone? no idea ...at all ???

Old 02-23-11, 10:57 AM   #320
fastfranky
Seaman

Downloads: 764

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans Witteman View Post
Hi again Fastfranky,

Nice to see you are already playing with the sound have you take a look at the S3D editor so far?

Because you can access all sound controllers within and adjust reverberation and 3d sound like fading based on distance like i did on video 1 with the subsim memorial when you approach the memorial you start to ear the tap military salute as you get closer.

And i didn't have much time to look at this too much but with the satemachines controller we can probably set trigger for sound accordind to certain events.

All this is to be analyzed and never trust folks who tell you it is impossible because a lot of stuff i did in the mod was supposed to be impossible.

The only way is to test and learn your way true so i suggest that you grab the S3d editor and you will start to open an endless realm of possibility

Here the link: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=119571

Best regards Hans

ahoi hans

have this tool already thanx.

maybe there is a little missunderstanding.i am skilled in producing,mixing or invent soundfiles,not to place them in the game. in this case i am an newbie but im trying to find out how it works. hope my english isnt too bad
best regards franky
fastfranky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-11, 11:07 AM   #321
Hitman
Pacific Aces Dev Team

Downloads: 109
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Do you know if Hitman have the power to change the name off our thread for U-BOOT_HAHD instead of U_BOOTTYPIIA_HAHD?
Done
Old 02-23-11, 12:41 PM   #322
Hans Witteman
Kaleun of U-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitman View Post
Done
Hi mate,

A thousand thank my friend that is what i call premium service

Best regards Hans

Old 02-23-11, 12:52 PM   #323
brett25
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 570

Hi mates, fasntastic work on the website, Reaper, hi Makman, lots of good energy here, Hans!
brett25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-11, 12:53 PM   #324
reaper7
sim2reality

Downloads: 258
Uploads: 30

Quote:

No worries on the widescreen side, best get it all working well at standard resolution. Then we can see about reworking it to widescreen .

Regarding site access all I need is a password to setup accounts, username's will be the same as ones used here.

You can email me at reaper7@u-boot-hahd.com (like the email Address - there will be one for each member ).

Will prob make a proper frontend for the website with the Developers Area of that. (Just need to free up some time this weekend ).

EDIT: Taking offline to reinstall Modules better than currently all over the place

Last edited by reaper7; 02-23-11 at 02:21 PM.
reaper7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-11, 02:37 PM   #325
Hans Witteman
Kaleun of U-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by reaper7 View Post
No worries on the widescreen side, best get it all working well at standard resolution. Then we can see about reworking it to widescreen .

Regarding site access all I need is a password to setup accounts, username's will be the same as ones used here.

You can email me at reaper7@u-boot-hahd.com (like the email Address - there will be one for each member ).

Will prob make a proper frontend for the website with the Developers Area of that. (Just need to free up some time this weekend ).

EDIT: Taking offline to reinstall Modules better than currently all over the place
Hi mate,

Great news and i can feed you with plenty of graphics to enhanced the site front end

I will also provide a text explaining in detail what U-BOOT_HAHD is to the mass.

I am pretty excited at how thing are picking up last spring when i start working on Sh3 after my frustrating experience with SH5 i never expect it would have become this huge kudos to all for the fantastic and dynamic energy put in our dream mod

Ok i will send my password later on today but for now i'm going back finishing texturing the Fletcher pictures coming soon

Best regards Hans

Old 02-23-11, 02:40 PM   #326
Hans Witteman
Kaleun of U-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by brett25 View Post
Hi mates, fasntastic work on the website, Reaper, hi Makman, lots of good energy here, Hans!
Hi mate,

In deed some time it seem that the right people assembled at the right place for the same cause can do wonders

This is what i call team spirit at is best

Best regards Hans

Old 02-23-11, 02:41 PM   #327
fitzcarraldo
Argentinian Skipper

Downloads: 3222

Quote:
bump !

noone? no idea ...at all ???
I sent via PM to Hans a lot of HD photos of control room of a Type VIIC. There are some detailed close ups of observation scope. I don´t know (and I haven´t nothing in my books) about the periscope of Type II...

I´m searching in my books (another round); I have many books of submarine engineering, but there is nothing (for now...).

Best regards.

Fitzcarraldo

My subject is War, and the pity of War. The Poetry is in the pity - Wilfred Owen.
fitzcarraldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-11, 02:44 PM   #328
Hans Witteman
Kaleun of U-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastfranky View Post
ahoi hans

have this tool already thanx.

maybe there is a little missunderstanding.i am skilled in producing,mixing or invent soundfiles,not to place them in the game. in this case i am an newbie but im trying to find out how it works. hope my english isnt too bad
best regards franky
Hi mate,

That ok my friend the minute i can find a hole in my schedule i will make a small video showing you the basic of the sound controllers in S3D editor

Best regards Hans

Old 02-23-11, 02:48 PM   #329
Hans Witteman
Kaleun of U-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzcarraldo View Post
I sent via PM to Hans a lot of HD photos of control room of a Type VIIC. There are some detailed close ups of observation scope. I don´t know (and I haven´t nothing in my books) about the periscope of Type II...

I´m searching in my books (another round); I have many books of submarine engineering, but there is nothing (for now...).

Best regards.

Fitzcarraldo
Hi mate,

Wonderful work my friend your help is very much appreciated here we never have enough resources 1 picture with only a slight angle difference sometime and i'm fine to model a tricky part

And i know that typII periskop data and picture are very scarce i wish a veteran would show up with the data makman need for the optic.

Best regards Hans

Old 02-23-11, 03:29 PM   #330
postalbyke
Chief

Downloads: 89
Uploads: 1

@ Makman;
I know there was a post earlier in this thread about periscopes, had some details about periscope types from the early war (and since typII is "early war...")
also, tried your MaGui...

totally rocks, thank you! i didn't even have to adjust the enviro to make it work on my computer
still working out how to use the range/aob tool, but i think it's going well (mostly trying to get used to the x12 zoom feature, keep attacking from too far away )

@all;
sounds like the eel is greased, just ram her home and launch!

ever your loyal fan, postalbyke