SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Special Projects > Subsim Events & Activities
Forget password? Reset here

Closed Thread

Old 05-25-09, 05:25 PM   #331
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

*Turns to Nokia*

"I've a few Claymores I'd put aside for 'any extreme eventualities' I hope your not adverse to fireworks. We'll share the watch over the integrity of the rescue sub during the night"

*They both proceed to the rescue sub*

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Old 05-25-09, 05:56 PM   #332
Nisgeis
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 77
Uploads: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
"Let me tell you the two things I know, firstly, AVSM, rest his soul, was a guardian, a man who protects others from attacks by fierce beasts, it is regrettable that he lost his life in his line of duty, however a guardian protects another, and cannot protect himself."

*He takes the print-out and pins it up on the notice-board.*

Firstly, how do you know AVSM was a Guardian? Did he have an amulet or some such about his person? I was also under the impression from the old folk tales that a Guardian COULD protect himself from an attack, from all, but the most powerful of creatures? Furthermore, if the guardian was felled in the line of duty, then his charge would also have been slain, and if AVSM was felled in the line of duty, then AVSM must have been protecting Roman. But... you seem to know things that I think you should explain further, as your current explanation is lacking in detail.

Secondly that image, if the brightness corresponds to height, then the thing with a balck blob on it has the same shape as a square based pyramid. Surely though, the sub should be at the centre of the sonar scan, not to one side, where the black blob is?
Old 05-25-09, 06:59 PM   #333
Silverraptor
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarrasque View Post
"Baggygreen had a copy of that in his belongings aswell.

It appears to be a sonar map of the area where we've landed. I'm guessing that the black spot is the Thanatus but as for the surrounding shapes, I've no idea. They seem too regular to be natural to me though.

Also there appears to be some kind of conspiracy onboard as well. They call themselves the 'Investigation' and appear to have a number of people onboard involved. They claim that they 'are on the human side' but they also claim that should someone go against them, they have sufficient clout to have that person lynched."
"Me too. They've been bugging me to vote their way or they'd kill me. I think they tried to do it the night Chad was killed, but the comotion stopped them! I don't know what to do, but we need to stop them!"

Old 05-25-09, 08:23 PM   #334
CaptainHaplo
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 29
Uploads: 0
"Well - if its down to who we suspect, I have to say UnderseaLCpl is the most suspicious of the lot that has refused to drink anything. Baggy would be right on that list too, but seeing as he is locked in the brig, I can't say he has had a chance to drink anything. Not to mention, the chances of 2 monsters in the rescue crew are unlikely.

Unless..... maybe the "rescue crew" isn't really a rescue crew at all....
What if some of them ARE the monsters - sabotaging the rescue sub so that even if someone else found us, the couldnt rescue us in time? Something we will have to consider going forward."

"I strongly suggest anyone that wants to avoid being voted into the next world get into the bar and drink some known good bug juice before the next death occurs."

"Also - if someone is "on the human side" - how can they be if they threaten a lynching? Either your human - or not. You may have some special ability, but your still human, no? If yes, then lynching someone on their own team makes no sense. Anyone who would threaten to lynch another human KNOWINGLY to coerce - can't be trying to survive, as we need ALL our talents and wits to live through this. I suggest anyone making such a threat is very likely a monster among us, one way or the other!"

*Votes Undersea for lynching

**edited to correct an error**

Captain Haplo
Old 05-25-09, 08:30 PM   #335
UnderseaLcpl
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 0

What Silverraptor says is true. Everyone on this boat has been contacted by the investigation at one point or another,whether they know it or not. Some of you have spoken to, or been interrogated by me, as well.

Silverraptor has been under investigation for a while now, but the move to lynch him yesterday was thwarted by too little action too late on our part while we waited for some more evidence.

What you all need to know now is that the investigation is on your side, and that Silverraptor is, beyond a shadow of a doubt, a monster. When the time comes, we expect to see everyone on this boat vote to lynch him, with no brig sentence.

@ CH, lynch SR today and then decide if I'm the enemy.

I stole this sig from Task Force
Old 05-25-09, 08:41 PM   #336
SandyCaesar
Chief

"Interesting conclusion, UnderseaLcpl. I've known for a while that you've been suspicious of him...but 'beyond the shadow of a doubt', hmm?

On the other side of the coin...how do I trust you on this one? By your own admission no less than five people have claimed to be guardians, and Silver was one of them. Now it would make sense for them to do that, so that the monsters wouldn't go for them...where's your proof beyond that? Am I to believe that all five are monsters? Or is this just another hunch?"

Vanvikan, Feb. 2009: ordinary human, KIA, night 4

HMS Thanatus, May 2009: ??? human, KIA, night 7
Old 05-25-09, 08:47 PM   #337
Silverraptor
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnderseaLcpl View Post
What Silverraptor says is true. Everyone on this boat has been contacted by the investigation at one point or another,whether they know it or not. Some of you have spoken to, or been interrogated by me, as well.

Silverraptor has been under investigation for a while now, but the move to lynch him yesterday was thwarted by too little action too late on our part while we waited for some more evidence.

What you all need to know now is that the investigation is on your side, and that Silverraptor is, beyond a shadow of a doubt, a monster. When the time comes, we expect to see everyone on this boat vote to lynch him, with no brig sentence.

@ CH, lynch SR today and then decide if I'm the enemy.
"Ha! You suspect me? More like trying to get revenge since I didn't agree with your Merciless acts of 'It's me or death' talk. Who knows who you will organize against after I'm dead. But this has to stop. I will vote against, UnderseaLcpl."

*Pulls out knife that SandyCaesar let him borrow*

"And This is to defend myself if your mob decides to take justice into its own hands!"

Old 05-25-09, 08:52 PM   #338
CaptainHaplo
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 29
"According to what I know - SC cannot be a monster. He has, in full view of everyone, drank something that isn't sea water. You havent. By doing so he has shown he isn't a monster - at least to my understanding. Now, if my grandfather was wrong, then so be it, I may go meet my maker.

But Undersea - I am a scientist. I cannot act on mere supposition. I have no fact that tells me that I should go with your advice. What I do have is as close to fact as I can get right now that your wrong about SilverRaptor. That means either my facts are wrong, or you are. As a scientist, I have to go with the limited data that I have. To lynch someone who has validated themselves as human to the best ability I think we have, on the word of someone who has not - is against the scientific process. I have to go where the data takes me."

Captain Haplo
Old 05-25-09, 09:08 PM   #339
TarJak
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 150
Uploads: 8

"Well if Haplo's grandfather is correct then the simple act of drinking some bug juice or coffee will sort the matter in Haplo's mind anyway."
Old 05-25-09, 10:08 PM   #340
TarJak
Fleet Admiral

TarJak has completed his examination of A Very Super Market and is about to move onto Chad's body.

"These autopsies are starting to get me down."

"What was that about a guardian and an amulet?"

He then proceeds to work on Chad's cold dead body to try to determine if there was more to his death...
Old 05-26-09, 02:48 AM   #341
UnderseaLcpl
Silent Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainHaplo View Post
"According to what I know - SC cannot be a monster. He has, in full view of everyone, drank something that isn't sea water. You havent. By doing so he has shown he isn't a monster - at least to my understanding. Now, if my grandfather was wrong, then so be it, I may go meet my maker.
Fine. *Drinks a full cup of bug juice*
Will that suffice or shall I have some more?

Now, I understand that you want proof of our accusations against SR, but the fact of the matter is that we cannot go around just plastering all our information about for everyone to see. It would compromise security and hamper interrogation effectiveness.

Lynch him today, and if he isn't a monster, I'll vote to lynch myself tommorrow, and encourage everyone else to do the same. I spent four days interrogating the guy, believe me when I say I know, and I will stake my life on it.

And speaking of Lynch votes;

Lynch vote: Silverraptor
Leadership vote: abstain

Once again, I would like to ask for the support of persons outside the investigation, and the timely votes of those who are members.

I stole this sig from Task Force

Last edited by UnderseaLcpl; 05-26-09 at 04:16 AM.
Old 05-26-09, 04:44 AM   #342
SandyCaesar
Chief

"I will abstain from the lynch vote, despite some new, very interesting information. And I will not vote to change leadership either."

Old 05-26-09, 04:52 AM   #343
Raptor1
Navy Seal

Downloads: 13

I will not stand by while the life of a member of my own crew is endangered by a bunch of people calling themselves "investigators" yet refusing to show any evidence.

I think UnderseaLcpl has gone too far with his accusations.
Old 05-26-09, 05:15 AM   #344
TarJak
Fleet Admiral

"Well Haplo, I hope you are satisfied. If your drinking theory holds any water, then you are voting to condemn a human and fellow scientist to death."

Lynch vote: Silverraptor

Last edited by TarJak; 05-26-09 at 08:00 AM.
Old 05-26-09, 05:18 AM   #345
SandyCaesar
Chief

"Before we get carried away, though...do we know that the monsters are allergic to bug juice? Your test seems to hinge on that factor, which is decidedly uncertain."

Closed Thread