Closed Thread

Old 07-07-17, 03:13 PM   #3301
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
What i like is that he accepts Russia/Putin, instead of ignoring as it happened with Obama.

I still wonder why this is so, because while Obama was the leftist antichrist he sure had an anti-russian cold war attitude, while the right-wing reds hater Trump treats Russia as a partner.
The roles have somehow changed.

Sorry for posting here, i really should refrain

It would seem by this article Trump and his associates may threaten the other party's objectives in Ukraine. It also leads me to believe why the airwaves and our minds were recently flooded with get Trump and anti Russia rhetoric.

http://www.westernjournalism.com/the...ts-in-ukraine/

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.

Last edited by Rockstar; 07-07-17 at 03:28 PM.
Old 07-07-17, 03:33 PM   #3302
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

^ following that article and logic Obama did all to grant US companies advantages and eliminate competitors, certainly with the CIA's and certain companies' advisors. That plans can go wrong is not reserved to "democratic" or "republican" politics.

So Trump is against US companies investing and making profit in the Ukraine, because this was a "democratic" idea? I guess I am completely out of understanding who accuses who for what reason

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Old 07-07-17, 05:12 PM   #3303
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Oh I dont think for a moment Trump is against business in Ukraine. But when he indicates a desire to make friends with Russia. I bet it encourages Ukraine to forsake their democrat business overlords in favor for him.

Honestly its just my imagination. "Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men?"

Old 07-08-17, 07:01 PM   #3304
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Criminalization of free speech in the US. https://www.gatestoneinstitute.org/1...ze-free-speech Comparable developments in Europe.
Old 07-08-17, 09:58 PM   #3305
Buddahaid
Shark above Space Chicken

Downloads: 160

I wonder just how a minority is defined. As a white male in California, I'm a minority now.

"Tomorrow belongs to those who can hear it coming."
David Bowie
Old 07-09-17, 11:15 AM   #3306
ikalugin
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 8

Ukraine is not in the best state in terms of rule of law and health of institutions so making legitimate buisness there would be -hard-.
Old 07-10-17, 01:17 AM   #3307
vienna
Navy Seal

Downloads: 85

...Amen...

<O>
Old 07-10-17, 01:39 PM   #3308
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

^ Interesting and thought provoking

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is online  
Old 07-10-17, 02:20 PM   #3309
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Downloads: 0

I see President Trump is still pissing off all the right people!

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
Old 07-10-17, 03:35 PM   #3310
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Quote:
Yes, They Really Do Despise Their Civilization

By Rod DreherJuly 7, 2017, 8:49 AM

You can say this for Donald Trump: he’s great at useless provocation, but sometimes his provocations are helpful by what they force his opponents to reveal. The Warsaw speech was stunning in this way. I’m glad I read it before I read any of the left-liberal comment on it, else I might have thought it had been drafted by Dr. Goebbels.
Here’s a transcript of the entire speech. Go read it yourself. It won’t take long.
I thought it not a bad speech, if somewhat anodyne in the way all such speeches tend to be. It is risible to hear Donald J. Trump talk about how we need “strong families” and “strong values” to survive as a civilization, but the hypocrisy of the speaker doesn’t negate the truth of what he has to say, any more than the great personal virtue of a speaker makes his own claims true (see Jimmy Carter).
http://www.theamericanconservative.c...-civilization/

Old 07-10-17, 04:45 PM   #3311
eddie
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
^ Interesting and thought provoking
And spot on too!

Al Capone
Old 07-10-17, 06:49 PM   #3312
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

China and Russia the new world leaders? Lol. China's goals are regional. Let's keep in mind too how media portrays Russia and reality is two different things. Russia with a crap economy, debt out the wazoo and a 10th of the U.S. GDP can lead what?

Whats Australia doing? Germany, France and the rest of Europe? Every time the US acts all they ever do is complain. Damned if we do damned if we dont.

Here's the G19 big chance to shine to show the world their plan to lead to confront their perceived threats. Instead of behaving like little spoiled holier than thou children.

All this aussie media drama queen could produce was a bad case of butthurt. While Hamburg burned.

Losers the whole lot of them.

The US has far more assets and net worth than debt, and we don't really owe much to the outside world.

Last edited by Rockstar; 07-10-17 at 08:02 PM.
Old 07-10-17, 08:14 PM   #3313
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Now this is really "spot on".

Quote:
A Miserable Week For The Left

Derek Hunter
|
Posted: Jul 09, 2017 12:01 AM
What a miserable week it’s been for Democrats. Not that they’ve had many good weeks of late, nor have Republicans for that matter. But for the political left it’s been deliciously bad…and a whole hell of a lot of fun to watch.
The week was capped off by dueling hypocrisies from the radical progressives of the party. After days of breathless condemnation of a joke tweet from President Trump about CNN, the pearl-clutching claims that a few seconds of video will lead to violence against their employees gave way to insistence that words don’t matter.
Anti-American progressive hero Linda Sarsour declared her desire for “jihad” against Donald Trump. Conservatives, mistakenly acting as if the same rules liberals impose on others apply to them, rightly pounced. But the rules don’t apply to the left, and they won’t stand idly by as they are held to their own standards.
Curiously, multiple defenses quickly popped up across the media for a woman who had helped organize the Women’s March, opened only to liberal women then claimed to speak for all women. (Misogyny much?)
The responses evolved quickly, with hive-minded precision, from “her words were taken out of context” to “jihad doesn’t mean jihad,” to being dismissed as what one prominent liberal pundit might call a “nothingburger.”
Under normal circumstances they would be correct. But these aren’t normal circumstances. We live in a world where leftists police speech with Nazi-efficiency. Say anything their twisted liberal minds can distill as racist, classist, homophobic, etc., and no holds are barred. Say the word “crusade” on a college campus – those who don’t flee to the safety of their coloring books and Play-Doh will call the police to report a hate-crime.
The context doesn’t matter, nor does the fact the Crusades were a response to Muslim barbarism. The word is verboten by leftists as anti-Muslim hate-speech. Yet, jihad can mean anything, and thinking it may mean one particular thing, especially when uttered by someone with a radical anti-American ideology, is the highest form of bigotry.
Meanwhile, President Trump delivered a passionate speech defending western civilization and its accomplishments, which have benefited all mankind, and progressives proclaimed it problematic.
He pointed out the civilized world wrote symphonies; the Washington Post declared it a racist dog whistle. Since the Muslim world created “the lute, musical scales and the ancestor of the violin” hundreds of years ago, it is unjust to acknowledge Beethoven and Mozart existed. One can only imagine the rage-spiral that author would go into if we focused only on advances from the last millennia.
No liberal insanity happens on its own, and The Atlantic wasn’t going to allow the Post to cannonball into the deep end of the stupid pool alone. It countered with a piece that’s worth mentioning only to point out the unhinged nature of the title, “The Racial and Religious Paranoia of Trump’s Warsaw Speech.”
Just to clarify: “jihad” is a misunderstood term of peace and “the West” is a racist term just this side of genocide? Interesting.
Apparently hearing dog-whistles all day rots the brain and causes the afflicted to believe references to “the West” and “our civilization” as meaning only white people. Another known side-effect is hearing “welfare” or “poor” and thinking “black people,” even though more white people are poor and on welfare than anyone else. Hopefully someday there will be a treatment for the affliction.
It’s enough to make one wonder if these people realize there are flights leaving this wasteland of hate and oppression on a daily basis. I know if I lived somewhere I so thoroughly despised I’d bolt in a heartbeat.

But they don’t really hate this country. They don’t love it either. They use it and their propaganda to pad their cushy lives by leeching off the uninformed and the victims of the actions they get passed into law. There’s a lot of attention and money in absolving people of responsibility for their own lives.
Speaking of propaganda, no one had a worse week than CNN.
After the president tweeted a video of him body slamming the CNN logo, the once-great (OK, passable) news network expended more journalistic energy hunting down the maker of that clip than it did investigating anything to do with the Obama administration for the last eight years.
Once CNN found him, it didn’t identify him. The network claims it was because it just wanted to make sure he wasn’t in touch with anyone at the White House, and once this was confirmed, it decided not to ruin his life.
Seems he’d posted other things CNN deemed racist and anti-Semitic. Maybe he did; maybe he didn’t – they’ve all been deleted. But CNN appointed itself the arbiter of the suitability of those things and reserved the right to expose him should he ever dare to post anything it deems offensive in the future.

It’s not blackmail, the network says, just a clarification it made no deal with him to keep his name private. And it’s true that is not blackmail … it’s closer to extortion.
But the real problem is CNN thinking it needed to track him down in the first place.
Who cares who made the video? It had been on the Internet for some time and shared a lot. After having to retract a story last week and unburden itself of three employees involved, CNN should’ve turned its jaundiced eye toward its own newsroom, not some anonymous dude with too much time on his hands. Journalists are supposed to have standards and ethics; they’re not supposed to harass some guy for mocking them. There aren’t Pulitzers for making .gifs.
It’d be nice if the people throwing their shoulders out patting themselves on the back for how important their work is took that work seriously enough to do it properly.
Instead we get a team of reporters tracking down Reddit posters and fresh-out-of-college “journalists” complaining about decades old dress codes in the House of Representatives like they just discovered the Pentagon Papers.
It’s a pathetic group of people running around with media credentials these days. The delicate snowflakes are graduating and getting jobs alongside those who pioneered their defective self-importance. This week they all repeatedly soiled their sheets…and it was hilarious.

https://townhall.com/columnists/dere...-left-n2352323

Old 07-11-17, 12:27 AM   #3314
vienna
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post
China and Russia the new world leaders? Lol. China's goals are regional. Let's keep in mind too how media portrays Russia and reality is two different things. Russia with a crap economy, debt out the wazoo and a 10th of the U.S. GDP can lead what?

Whats Australia doing? Germany, France and the rest of Europe? Every time the US acts all they ever do is complain. Damned if we do damned if we dont.

Here's the G19 big chance to shine to show the world their plan to lead to confront their perceived threats. Instead of behaving like little spoiled holier than thou children.

All this aussie media drama queen could produce was a bad case of butthurt. While Hamburg burned.

Losers the whole lot of them.

The US has far more assets and net worth than debt, and we don't really owe much to the outside world.
Yes, and Trump, purportedly, has 'billions and billions' in personal wealth and he's still a chump. Wealth is like intelligence: it's useless unless you know how to use it properly. At the G20, Trump was like the doddering old uncle in a family, who patters about, spouts gibberish, and from whom the family makes a note to hide the car keys. Trump has not made "America Great Again" and he can't because he doesn't know how and the brown-nosed sycophants surrounding him haven't got a clue, either. At home in the US, instead of showing leadership, the Twit, er, Tweeter-In-Chief spends all his time pursuing petty personal grudges and fabricating wildly inaccurate "facts" (in some cases, outright lies) in a failed effort to bolster his "Administration", which is little better than a house of cards built on a foundation of sand. Trump could have completely missed the G20 and he would have had the same effect: absolutely none at all. He was so totally out of his depth, the rest of the nations basically just barely tolerated or ignored him. Even with the worst of our Presidents, the presence of the Chief Executive at an international conference or meeting was an event; now its more like "Oh, dear, here comes poor, old Uncle Donald. Well, just smile politely and maybe he'll tire and just move on". No one takes him seriously, as a serious leader, and by extension, neither is our nation now viewed seriously...

Case in point: U.S. Commerce Secretary Wilbur Ross was speaking in Germany, via video conference, at an international business conference prior to the G20 on Tuesday 27 June 2017; his speech was so meandering (much like Trump's foreign and economic "policies") and aimless and slow, he was cut off in mid speech, something that would have been unthinkable under other, respected, administrations. In fact, when Ross was cut off, the action was met by cheers, applause, and laughter from the other conference attendees:

Germans Cut Off Commerce Secretary in Mid-Speech --

http://foreignpolicy.com/2017/06/28/...in-mid-speech/

The current administration and its actions are not something the US can be proud of and Trump has not made "Trump has not made "America Great Again": he has diminished the nation, both at home and abroad...

Speaking of things America cannot be proud of, the Trump club of chumps has been busy digging themselves even more holes over the Russian election-tampering mess:

Quote:
Before arranging a meeting with a Kremlin-connected Russian lawyer he believed would offer him compromising information about Hillary Clinton, Donald Trump Jr. was informed in an email that the material was part of a Russian government effort to aid his father’s candidacy, according to three people with knowledge of the email.
Trump Jr. Was Told in Email of Russian Effort to Aid Campaign --

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/10/u...candidacy.html

I can already hear Trump blaming Obama, the Clintons, the media, moon-wobble, and anyone/anything else other than his and his minions ineptitude and criminality. This is not really a surprise: a very large majority of the US voters saw the probability of the debacles and wisely voted for some one, any one, else...

<O>
Old 07-11-17, 02:47 AM   #3315
vienna
Navy Seal

<O>

Tags
biden, clinton, election, harris, obama, politics, trump, twitter