SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 10-31-07, 02:56 PM   #2086
bigboywooly
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 35
Uploads: 0

The swastikas should be easy to remove
IIRC tis just a flag import into the flag(s) dats

My load time doesnt seem any different so far
But then a long time since I loaded just 1.03
Increased times wouldnt surprise me though as sooo many new units added
But then each PC is different anyway

My mediafire page http://www.mediafire.com/?11eoq19bq9r41
bigboywooly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-07, 03:25 PM   #2087
KronosMT
Swabbie

Downloads: 9
Default Battery Life question

My knowledge is limited by watching the sub documentaries, and of course playing games, which of course we all know companies dumb them down to appeal to larger audiences, but it was my understanding that the battery life on all subs except the type XXI were limited to less than a day at very slow speeds, while at flank the battery life would be used up in a matter of hours. Hence the need for the snorkel modifications and such.

I just installed 1.03, and while I love it, I'm wondering about the battery life. In the previous version of GWX I had, and stock SH3, submerging at 6am in a VIIB (1939-1940) and surfacing at 10pm would run my battery down to roughly 25%. This I felt was pretty much in line with what I've been told. However, in GWX 1.03, submerging/surfacing at the same time, my battery is still just above 75%. Could someone clarify this please?
KronosMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-07, 04:15 PM   #2088
Kpt. Lehmann
GWX Project Director

Downloads: 115

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bismarck
Its too big. Any chance of a GWX lite?
No sir there are not any plans for a GWX lite. I'm sorry if this somehow prevents you from using it. GWX was designed with the SH3 "recommended" PC specifications in mind.

That being said, more than one of our testers have been able to run GWX with systems below the recommended specs. Mostly, it just means you need a bit of patience. (If this is the case.)

www.thegreywolves.com
All you need is good men. - Heinrich Lehmann-Willenbrock
Kpt. Lehmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-07, 04:18 PM   #2089
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

@KronosMT
You can check each individual type of boat from this link:

http://uboat.net/types/index.html

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-07, 04:22 PM   #2090
Kpt. Lehmann
GWX Project Director

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Zod
Well it wouldn´t be GWX if it were lite!!!
But you can search for small mods and add what you prefere to your game.
Use JSGME to add them makse it easyier to manage.

Oh and I have a question that doesn´t belong exactly in the GWX Forum, but I´ll ask anyway!
Does anyone know or better said have experience with Racerboys SH4 Effects for SH3. It sounds good. Or are the stock GWX Effects better or are they even reworked? I gave RacerboyS Efects a shot and there are some changes to the water and the funnel smoke (first that I noticed). But it would take me days to check out all effects since loading time isn´t the shortest! So If anyone has some experience in this mini Mod please share your oppinion.

Thanks in advance

Greetz

Dr.Zod
As stated in the manual and elsewhere, we cannot ensure the compatability of other mods not produced by the GWX dev team. You may use them at your own risk. I STRONGLY STRONGLY suggest that you use the JGSME mod enabler that is included with GWX if you plan to use additional mods. Doing so allows you to disable incompatible mods if there is a problem.

Also a word on compatability: Just because a mod builder says his mod is compatible with this or that... does not necessarily mean that it is. A mod may function without CTD'ing... and all the while breaks intended modifications, causes graphical or FPS problems... ad infinitum.

User beware.

Dr. Zod, for matters relating to the SH4 effects for SH3, please place comments and feedback in that respective thread.

www.thegreywolves.com
Old 10-31-07, 04:23 PM   #2091
Kpt. Lehmann
GWX Project Director

Quote:
Originally Posted by KronosMT
My knowledge is limited by watching the sub documentaries, and of course playing games, which of course we all know companies dumb them down to appeal to larger audiences, but it was my understanding that the battery life on all subs except the type XXI were limited to less than a day at very slow speeds, while at flank the battery life would be used up in a matter of hours. Hence the need for the snorkel modifications and such.

I just installed 1.03, and while I love it, I'm wondering about the battery life. In the previous version of GWX I had, and stock SH3, submerging at 6am in a VIIB (1939-1940) and surfacing at 10pm would run my battery down to roughly 25%. This I felt was pretty much in line with what I've been told. However, in GWX 1.03, submerging/surfacing at the same time, my battery is still just above 75%. Could someone clarify this please?
Hi Kronos. I'm not sure if you are using additional mods, however the battery life on the various subs has remained unchanged since GWX 1.0.

www.thegreywolves.com
Old 10-31-07, 04:25 PM   #2092
Kpt. Lehmann
GWX Project Director

Quote:
Originally Posted by LGN1
Hi,

I have two questions concerning GWX 1.04. First, will loading times increase with respect to GWX 1.03? Or maybe decrease? Second, Kpt. Lehmann once mentioned a GW (X?) version without swastikas. Is such a release still planned?

Thanks for any comments.

Cheers, LGN1
Hi LGN1,

Roger, I do have plans to make a no-swastika mod. It has just never been on the front burner of the stove with everything else going on.

www.thegreywolves.com
Old 10-31-07, 04:59 PM   #2093
KronosMT
Swabbie

Downloads: 9

[/quote]

Hi Kronos. I'm not sure if you are using additional mods, however the battery life on the various subs has remained unchanged since GWX 1.0.[/quote]

The only other mod I'm using is the new OLC GUI.. trying to figure out whether its his mod or 1.03 that's causing it. He says its normal for GWX.
KronosMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-07, 05:14 PM   #2094
onelifecrisis
Maverick Modder

Downloads: 65
Uploads: 3

Quote:
Quote:

Hi Kronos. I'm not sure if you are using additional mods, however the battery life on the various subs has remained unchanged since GWX 1.0.
The only other mod I'm using is the new OLC GUI.. trying to figure out whether its his mod or 1.03 that's causing it. He says its normal for GWX.
For the record, I also pointed out that Ahead Slow isn't 3 knots in GWX, it's 2... that might be why.

Anyway, in my experience of Type VII's and Type IXB's in GWX, running submerged at 2 knots one is more likely to run out of breathable air than battery life. I always presumed this was realistic.
Old 10-31-07, 05:20 PM   #2095
MONOLITH
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 0

Dr. Zod,

Racerboy is an extremely talented and knowldegable modder. He knows exactly what file changes are being performed, and he knows what is, and isn't compatible with GWX.

The water and smoke changes that arose are only because racerboy has greatly enhance the visual effects, over what is in GWX.

It is perfectly ok to use Racerboys SH4 effects with GWX, and it will greatly improve your playing enjoyment.

As always, JSGME is greatly recommended using any mods.

Racerboy's SH4 effects mod is not only a great improvement to the game, but perfectly safe. Have at it.
Old 10-31-07, 05:28 PM   #2096
Kpt. Lehmann
GWX Project Director

Quote:
Originally Posted by MONOLITH
Dr. Zod,

Racerboy is an extremely talented and knowldegable modder. He knows exactly what file changes are being performed, and he knows what is, and isn't compatible with GWX.

The water and smoke changes that arose are only because racerboy has greatly enhance the visual effects, over what is in GWX.

It is perfectly ok to use Racerboys SH4 effects with GWX, and it will greatly improve your playing enjoyment.

As always, JSGME is greatly recommended using any mods.

Racerboy's SH4 effects mod is not only a great improvement to the game, but perfectly safe. Have at it.
Monolith doesn't have a CLUE as to what he is talking about and is just grinding his axe.

Meh.

www.thegreywolves.com
Old 10-31-07, 05:52 PM   #2097
Tsavo
Seaman

My GWX be broken now with Raerbuoys mod?
No sounds on Weldcat plane?
So how he know so much now? :hmm:
Tsavo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-07, 06:05 PM   #2098
Kpt. Lehmann
GWX Project Director

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsavo
Hi Tsavo. There are a number of sounds, and other things that are broken by the SH4 Effects for SH3 mod that need to be corrected before it can be considered to be compatible with GWX. As a user, you will need to decide if the loss of functionality is worth continued use.

www.thegreywolves.com
Old 10-31-07, 06:21 PM   #2099
Tsavo
Seaman

I remove Raerbuoys Mod.
Non corectness not aceptable my install of GWX.
I await GWX 1.04 most fevorishly!!
My teeth fall out waiting!!!
Tsavo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-07, 06:22 PM   #2100
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kpt. Lehmann
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsavo
Hi Tsavo. There are a number of sounds, and other things that are broken by the SH4 Effects for SH3 mod that need to be corrected before it can be considered to be compatible with GWX. As a user, you will need to decide if the loss of functionality is worth continued use.
that is correct. I based the mod in SH3 1.4b files which makes it not 100% compatible (sounds seem to be the only problem). As errors are reported of missing sounds I will fix them. As far as graphics go no problems have been reported.
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote