SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-18-13, 03:23 PM   #1171
Warkry777
Watch

Downloads: 407
Uploads: 0

Hi everyone :p

I4ve reinstalled my SH5 game on version 1.2, deleted my save games, activated the Oen orizon 2 mod and did the tutorial. Once done i leave the game and load sober's mod list, and restart the game. But when i try starting a new campaign, the game CTD.... i really don't know what i did wrong.

Would someone nice be able to help me? :p
Warkry777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-13, 06:12 PM   #1172
Belgarion
Watch

Downloads: 53

remove inertia mods (2)!! those crash for me too

edit: sober do you know how I can enable all of the campaigns? because having only 1 choice after every reinstall is getting old real fast!
Belgarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-13, 06:21 PM   #1173
Echolot
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 567

Quote:
But when i try starting a new campaign, the game CTD.
What are your computers specs?
Echolot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-13, 06:49 PM   #1174
Navuhodonosor
Engineer

Downloads: 54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belgarion View Post

edit: sober do you know how I can enable all of the campaigns? because having only 1 choice after every reinstall is getting old real fast!
When you are on that screen where you can choose which to play (only first is available and all other are grayed out), type " silentotto " without the quotes and hit Enter.
Thank you Sober! I just noticed link for DBSM .mep on first page.

Last edited by Navuhodonosor; 01-18-13 at 07:11 PM.
Navuhodonosor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-13, 09:30 PM   #1175
hanx91
Bosun

Downloads: 232
Default Can you tell me more

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navuhodonosor View Post
Thank you!! By the way i solved problem with TDW UI
Can you tell me more about the problem with win v zip? I have the same problem, or rather had the same problem as I am about to re-install..agian.
hanx91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-13, 10:31 PM   #1176
Navuhodonosor
Engineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanx91 View Post
Can you tell me more about the problem with win v zip? I have the same problem, or rather had the same problem as I am about to re-install..agian.
Actually I do not know what really happened. I know that winrar that i used to extract the files sometimes do a lousy work when extracting files compressed with other archivers, and the real problem is that it does not report the error so you can think that files are properly extracted and in fact they are not. So try with another archiver to extract .7z archives. For now the problem is gone but we shall see, if more people has the same problem than something is wrong with deleting the nav fixes
Old 01-18-13, 10:36 PM   #1177
adarchist6
Bilge Rat

Great! I bought SH5 on release and had a really annoying time with it. Gonna mod the game up on the weekend and enjoy it for what it should have been. Thanks all you great modders.
adarchist6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-13, 11:02 PM   #1178
hanx91
Bosun

Default golly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navuhodonosor View Post
Actually I do not know what really happened. I know that winrar that i used to extract the files sometimes do a lousy work when extracting files compressed with other archivers, and the real problem is that it does not report the error so you can think that files are properly extracted and in fact they are not. So try with another archiver to extract .7z archives. For now the problem is gone but we shall see, if more people has the same problem than something is wrong with deleting the nav fixes
I don't recall the nav fix , time compression and teleport, yes. I noticed that my nav fixes were turning up on land if I was at the coast. and all the problems you had plus one of my targets generated no wep . I use the function the file is packed in so never used win to unpack a 7 zip
Old 01-18-13, 11:08 PM   #1179
hanx91
Bosun

Default shucks

I think Ill just wait untill I reinstall to see if their is any more information available, I have thought of downloading the entire list again using the new all in one download, but their have been no reports on functionality to far out of port yet. and it seems a waste to throw out all my saved mods and redown the whole lot.
Old 01-18-13, 11:29 PM   #1180
Navuhodonosor
Engineer

Quote:
I think Ill just wait untill I reinstall to see if their is any more information available, I have thought of downloading the entire list again using the new all in one download, but their have been no reports on functionality to far out of port yet. and it seems a waste to throw out all my saved mods and redown the whole lot.
Keep me posted, since we had the same problem I am interested to see how it worked for you. Maybe some of the alpha mods or inertia is messing your game.
Old 01-19-13, 01:12 AM   #1181
hanx91
Bosun

Default Well

I will keep you informed. I will finish the install tomorrow with a new ui unziped directly to the mods folder. OOOOOOO so gently. I would feel better if it were all not my fault, but I think it is.
Old 01-19-13, 04:40 AM   #1182
Warkry777
Watch

Downloads: 407

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belgarion View Post

Thanks a lot, it works now

I got an other question, does the celestial fix works only at night? Because when i ask for a celstia fix report, the officer gives me the weather, and then i do'nt have any information on my position. Is it a bug?
Warkry777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-13, 04:44 AM   #1183
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

Downloads: 901
Uploads: 73

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warkry777 View Post
Thanks a lot, it works now

I got an other question, does the celestial fix works only at night? Because when i ask for a celstia fix report, the officer gives me the weather, and then i do'nt have any information on my position. Is it a bug?
While on the campaign selection screen type in silentotto
THE_MASK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-13, 04:46 AM   #1184
Floyd
Mate

Downloads: 255

Quote:
I will keep you informed. I will finish the install tomorrow with a new ui unziped directly to the mods folder. OOOOOOO so gently. I would feel better if it were all not my fault, but I think it is.
I might point out the obvious, so excuse me, but some of the mods in Sober's
list should not be extracted directly to the MODS folder in SH5, because they
have several subdirectories (say: mods) inside and the mods have to be activated
by copying to the MODS folder in SH5. You can see the difference if the extracted
mod has a folder named 'data', 'MODS' or, for example 'OPTIONAL MODS'.

And, please read the 'readme.txt' files before applying any mods.
Floyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-13, 05:01 AM   #1185
Trevally.
Navy Seal

Downloads: 166
Uploads: 28

Nav marks on land, This is due to the random error that is built into the nav fix when it is worked out (no sat nav). This error can be adjusted in TDWs options.py
So if you are close to land - then you may see this happening

Celestial fixes can be taken at any time. If you use my auto script - it will be 5 times a day :-

Quote:
Real Nav Auto Fix Patrol - This will auto report Celestial postion 5 times per day & Dead Reckoning every 2 hours.
This can be run from your automation button (Real Navigation - Position on Patrol - Real Nav Auto Fix).
As these scripts use a "wait for time" command, choose the script that matches your local time. (i.e. 04-08 = start script between 0400 and 0800 local time)
When it starts the Navigator will carry out a celestial fix (weather permitting) and plot on your map. Then each 2 hours he will carry out a dead reckoning fix and mark your map giving you a total of 12 position fixes per day.

The 5 celestial check per day are:-

1) Pre-dawn twilight
2) Ante Meridian (AM) Sun.
3) Noon Sun
4) Post Meridian (PM) Sun
5) Post Sunset twilight
The fix can't be taken it the weather is bad - dam fog