SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

View Poll Results: How would you prefer?
All in a single mod (only 1 Big Mod) 42 52.50%
Just the way it is (in parts) 38 47.50%
Voters: 80. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-17-12, 03:33 PM   #631
Stormfly
Serial Port Protector

Downloads: 366
Uploads: 0

Hi Pedrobas,

is there a special reason not including Rubinis "Crash Dive time and set_depth problem with MightyFine Crew Mod solved!" in V5 ???

Last edited by Stormfly; 03-17-12 at 04:42 PM.
Stormfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-12, 03:09 AM   #632
pedrobas
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 301

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormfly View Post
Hi Pedrobas,

is there a special reason not including Rubinis "Crash Dive time and set_depth problem with MightyFine Crew Mod solved!" in V5 ???
No, it´s in my to do list, simply i hadn´t enough time to test it.
pedrobas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-12, 06:05 AM   #633
bart
Frogman

Downloads: 245

Just going to start testing with v0.5 AIO....nice touch including the unzip .exe in part 1

I usually use 7zip but I'm not sure if this was picking up possible corrupted files as the first time I downloaded v0.5 VIO and tried to unzip using your .exe, it notified me of a couple of corrupted files and stopped the process. After downloading again and unzipping it on the desktop rather that on my external hard drive all was well. I never did get v0.4 working correctly so now wondering if that was a corrupted file causing lots of CTD

Anyways v0.5 is now installed and going to try and continue the campaign I started with v0.5 in parts....saved in base of course....

BTW from which site is it best to get winrar? I assume thats what you use to pack the mod? I've done a search and several come up but not sure if these are slightly different versions of it!!!

Thanks Pedro
Old 03-18-12, 06:33 AM   #634
Stormfly
Serial Port Protector

Downloads: 366

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedrobas View Post
No, it´s in my to do list, simply i hadn´t enough time to test it.

Stormfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-12, 07:29 AM   #635
The General
The Old Man

Downloads: 179
Uploads: 3

I am testing AIO v0.5

I have a CTD on approach to Kiel harbour after the tutorial. Is it the Monuments causing the problems? I have saved the game just before this happens and it has happened every time so far.

Is there a way to remove the offending section from the AIO files?

Last edited by The General; 03-18-12 at 10:23 AM.
The General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-12, 10:09 AM   #636
von Kinderei
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 150

What is the differance between v0.5 parts and v0.5 AIO
Old 03-18-12, 10:27 AM   #637
Herr Trigger
Electrician's Mate

Downloads: 191

Stormfly wrote:

Quote:
Hi Pedrobas,

I have this installed after MMM AIO v0.5, all is ok. The only problem I have encountered so far is a CTD with AI Sub Crew.
My Mod Load:

German U-Boat Crew Language Pack
Grossdeutscher Rundfunk
RAF Fighter Command Radio Frequency 66.00 MHz
RAF Bomber Command Radio Frequency 77.00 MHz
Luftwaffe Combat Radio Frequency 88.00 MHz
MMM v0.5 Base Mod
NewUIs_TDC_6_9_0_Real_Navigation
TDW_Mines_Subnets_Detectable_in_hydro (OH II v1.7)
SUB SIM FOR====Depth_Keeping_Problem_UHS_patch_HB_1_0_0_Th eDarkWraith
Rubini_Crash_dive_fix_for MCFM 1.2.1&MCCD v1.3b_For_All
Shadow Improvement ModLR
sobers 3D deck spray mod V7
sobers see thru wake fix
smaller flags for Warships 1_0b
Speech Recognition_MiTons_NewUI_Editon_v0.4.1_english

All works ok.
Regards,
H.T.
Herr Trigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-12, 10:29 AM   #638
The General
The Old Man

Downloads: 179
Uploads: 3

Maybe I should've done a clean re-install first. I'll do that now and try again...

EDIT (1 hour later):... Nope, still CTD's within 50KM of Port. Dammnit!

I'll now try the (in parts) version...

EDIT (2hours later): CRASH TO DESKTOP, after attempting to end patrol, once in Port.

Last edited by The General; 03-18-12 at 02:04 PM.
The General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-12, 07:14 PM   #639
GT182
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 658

Is there a way to have English voices, not German, and no subtitles?

No Borders, No Language, No Culture =s No Country

I'm a Deplorable, and proud of it.
GT182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-12, 07:27 AM   #640
pacoviciana
Swabbie

Downloads: 454

Hi Pedrobas,

Greetings from Catalonia.

First of all, congratulation for your hard work. I'm using and testing around the scandalous and unfinish wonderful world of SH5 in the last two years, and I have hundreds of hours about choice and test a lot of mods, and I celebrate the arriving of MMM like a big party.

You know better than I than without the modders, no game SH5 possible. I like a lot the simulators (Rise of Flight the best!!!) and I'm shure than SH5 is a great simulator, but with modders. Incredible and stupid work of Ubisoft.

I have installed in a clean SH5 on my computer (MacPro with bootcamp-6gb ram-Windows 7 64 bits) your MMM v0.3, v0.4, v0.4AIO, v0.5 and now v0.5AIO, and I want to comment you some thinks about it:

All fine and run ok (a big change between Windows 7 32 bits to 64 bits) but I have CTDs sometimes, normaly with a bout near in explossions (when I send all my torpedoes to the major boat in Scapa Flow new mission in OHII for example) or in a Historical Mission like RAOFB. I think than the problem can be the FX, I'm not shure about it.

And I have problems too when I'm sumerged to navegate the u-boot, because nothing matter when I order head-to-view or I touch que rudder with the mouse, only the sub change at touching Rudder-to-port key. Strange!!!.

I have use in my last intend (afternoon of the last sunday, yesterday) the three first parts of your MMM v0.5: 01-Dynamic environment, 02-Graphics-FX..., 03-TDW and CTDs occur, and when I put only the 01-Dynamic environment and 03_TDW no CTDs, maybe is a problem with the Graphics, but now I have no more time to investigate, but I want to send you the notifications of this problems, maybe help you and to all the community of fans of subsim.

And sorry about my poor english (aunque tu y yo nos entenderíamos mejor en español, verdad???, per por respeto al resto).

Thanks.
pacoviciana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-12, 07:50 AM   #641
misha1967
Commander

Downloads: 78

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacoviciana View Post
Hi Pedrobas,

Greetings from Catalonia.

First of all, congratulation for your hard work. I'm using and testing around the scandalous and unfinish wonderful world of SH5 in the last two years, and I have hundreds of hours about choice and test a lot of mods, and I celebrate the arriving of MMM like a big party.

You know better than I than without the modders, no game SH5 possible. I like a lot the simulators (Rise of Flight the best!!!) and I'm shure than SH5 is a great simulator, but with modders. Incredible and stupid work of Ubisoft.

I have installed in a clean SH5 on my computer (MacPro with bootcamp-6gb ram-Windows 7 64 bits) your MMM v0.3, v0.4, v0.4AIO, v0.5 and now v0.5AIO, and I want to comment you some thinks about it:

All fine and run ok (a big change between Windows 7 32 bits to 64 bits) but I have CTDs sometimes, normaly with a bout near in explossions (when I send all my torpedoes to the major boat in Scapa Flow new mission in OHII for example) or in a Historical Mission like RAOFB. I think than the problem can be the FX, I'm not shure about it.

And I have problems too when I'm sumerged to navegate the u-boot, because nothing matter when I order head-to-view or I touch que rudder with the mouse, only the sub change at touching Rudder-to-port key. Strange!!!.

I have use in my last intend (afternoon of the last sunday, yesterday) the three first parts of your MMM v0.5: 01-Dynamic environment, 02-Graphics-FX..., 03-TDW and CTDs occur, and when I put only the 01-Dynamic environment and 03_TDW no CTDs, maybe is a problem with the Graphics, but now I have no more time to investigate, but I want to send you the notifications of this problems, maybe help you and to all the community of fans of subsim.

And sorry about my poor english (aunque tu y yo nos entenderíamos mejor en español, verdad???, per por respeto al resto).

Thanks.
I'm sure your English is better than my Spanish

As to your problem with CTDs, I know that this is a known problem at times with "too much happening at once", causing the game to CTD as the computer gets overloaded.

One "fix" I've heard of in those few situations where, like Scapa, a whole LOT of things start happening when things start to blow up, is to switch to the Nav Map right after firing the torpedoes and stay there until the targets have sunk. The Nav Map is a good place to hide as it doesn't use near as many resources while still allowing the computer to keep up with what's going on. I use the Nav Map myself when I want to let my graphics card cool down as it apparently treats it like 2D and therefore doesn't do any rendering on it.

I hope that makes sense.
Old 03-19-12, 07:57 AM   #642
pedrobas
Seasoned Skipper

See for example last post in OHII thread:
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...&postcount=837
Old 03-19-12, 08:01 AM   #643
pedrobas
Seasoned Skipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by The General View Post
Maybe I should've done a clean re-install first. I'll do that now and try again...

EDIT (1 hour later):... Nope, still CTD's within 50KM of Port. Dammnit!

I'll now try the (in parts) version...

EDIT (2hours later): CRASH TO DESKTOP, after attempting to end patrol, once in Port.
Sorry but i haven´t added any new objects or ships to v0.5, is purely OHII. I have just reinstall SH5, tried the MMM p1-p6 and everithing is working ok, i can return to kiel with no CTD, reload a save game is ok, etc... So i can´t reproduce the error. Perhaps other people can confirm this.
Old 03-19-12, 08:20 AM   #644
pacoviciana
Swabbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by misha1967 View Post
I'm sure your English is better than my Spanish

As to your problem with CTDs, I know that this is a known problem at times with "too much happening at once", causing the game to CTD as the computer gets overloaded.

One "fix" I've heard of in those few situations where, like Scapa, a whole LOT of things start happening when things start to blow up, is to switch to the Nav Map right after firing the torpedoes and stay there until the targets have sunk. The Nav Map is a good place to hide as it doesn't use near as many resources while still allowing the computer to keep up with what's going on. I use the Nav Map myself when I want to let my graphics card cool down as it apparently treats it like 2D and therefore doesn't do any rendering on it.

I hope that makes sense.
Thank you Misha1967

I try to do it, I can see than this is a problem with more people.

Thanks again.
Old 03-19-12, 08:21 AM   #645
pacoviciana
Swabbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedrobas View Post
See for example last post in OHII thread:
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...&postcount=837
Good, I can see how other people solve this CTDs.

Thanks. I try to do in the next installation of MMM.