SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 08-25-10, 03:55 PM   #151
reaper7
sim2reality

Downloads: 258
Uploads: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarlKoch View Post
Since the only difference (until now) needs to be the audio files, this should not pose a real problem.

Thanks Karl for reply. I shall add a link to the German file from my addon section.
reaper7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-10, 06:05 PM   #152
reaper7
sim2reality

V2.0 of the Interface is now released.
  • Totally redone Interface - Now autoscales to Game Resolution.
  • New stadimeter button, in conjunction with stadimeter range fix. (Yellow - Ready, Green - Enabled, Green Flash - Send to TDC)
  • Scopes and Optics are moddeled of the In-Game Models as default.
  • Tri-Ring Compass is now available in all screens (Bearing dial only works at scopes and optics - Game limitation).
  • Now included rear side of Attack Disc.
  • New Clear HUD Button - Located above the Enlarge Message box button. Click at bottom centre of screen to restore HUD.
  • Includes KarlKochs Sound Mod addon for the command.cfg (English).
  • Added new command to the Captains page - BattleStations
  • Added new command to the Navigators page - Return to course
KarlKoch's German Sound Mod available here:
http://www.mediafire.com/?z3soc22dsedocdb

Download Link:

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/downloads.php?do=file&id=2773

Patch V2.01 for the latest reported bugs.
  • Fix for Tri-Ring compass not displaying
  • All Bearing dials in Scopes display correctly.
Install with JGSME and allow overwrite conflicts.

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/down...o=file&id=2775

Last edited by reaper7; 08-27-10 at 02:05 PM.
Old 08-25-10, 06:39 PM   #153
SteelViking
The Old Man

Downloads: 86
Uploads: 4

Downloading now. I can't wait to fire it up.

He sank 198,650 tons....who you ask?....Erich Topp, that's who!
SteelViking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-10, 10:31 PM   #154
nodlew
Engineer

Downloads: 572
Uploads: 0

Trying out the mod R7. I don't know the new features well enough to comment yet, though the new stuff added to the obs per looks amazing. I am having to redo the RAOBF dds as the one stock with the mod is out of whack on my computer. Cam file maybe? Anyway, I'll make one and that will be a feature of the mod that is my own along with my little bearing plotter. The obs scope works great now. The only other problem I have, so far, is that the fancy compass does not pop up from the gui at the bottom of the screen. I get an orange-ish circle on screen. The dds files are in there, I checked. Don't think my download was bad, though I may try downloading again.

If making something like a mod requires this much troubleshooting how on earth did they ever get Neil Armstrong to the moon? Answer, armies of guys with eye-glasses, crew-cuts, and slide-rules.
nodlew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-10, 08:53 AM   #155
Brumete
Sailor man

Downloads: 191
spanish menu.txt Please help

Hi I would like to know if the file in Spanish menu.txt TDW UI mod 4.0.3 is compatible with this new UI reaper7 2.0. Thanks
Brumete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-10, 11:43 AM   #156
reaper7
sim2reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by nodlew View Post
Trying out the mod R7. I don't know the new features well enough to comment yet, though the new stuff added to the obs per looks amazing. I am having to redo the RAOBF dds as the one stock with the mod is out of whack on my computer. Cam file maybe? Anyway, I'll make one and that will be a feature of the mod that is my own along with my little bearing plotter. The obs scope works great now. The only other problem I have, so far, is that the fancy compass does not pop up from the gui at the bottom of the screen. I get an orange-ish circle on screen. The dds files are in there, I checked. Don't think my download was bad, though I may try downloading again.

If making something like a mod requires this much troubleshooting how on earth did they ever get Neil Armstrong to the moon? Answer, armies of guys with eye-glasses, crew-cuts, and slide-rules.
Hi Nodlew, Didn't spend to much time on the RAOBF calibration. Got it working @ 1440x900, then when doing some tests I came to the conclusion that as SH5 is now the RAOBF is gonna be a problem. (The cam in the mod is for 16:10 or 8:5)
Now I'm not 100% sure do I need to make aspect ratio cam as I use Vertical scalling in the Mod rather than Horizontal, need to do some testing on that.

You may have seen some of my testing posts on Magnums Recognition manual thread, but there are problems with the in game ship models are there corresponding ship image files.
Heights seem to be ok, but lengths and speeds are not - which as you know for the RAOBF to function correctly for AOB and speed these need fixing.

I will have a look into it see what can be done, I have managed to get the correct ship images appearing in the manual for the clone ships, so thats a start.

As for the compass, can you post a screen shot of the problem - it may be a problem with my object snap for that object.
Did a complete rework of the scripts to how objects appear on screen so one or two items may have slipped past me on testing .
The orange circle sounds like the night mask is displaying ok.
Whick compass is it, the Binocus one or the Tri-Ring Compass or the Navigation Controls compass?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brumete View Post
Hi I would like to know if the file in Spanish menu.txt TDW UI mod 4.0.3 is compatible with this new UI reaper7 2.0. Thanks
There may be soom differences between the files. I added items to that file for my UI.

You could merge them to gether and translate the extra lines I did.
If you do get it working, send it on to me and I'll include it in next release.

By the way, what to do you think of the scalling for the panels. Are they sized ok, how about torpedo panel is it to small or Ok.?
Old 08-26-10, 08:28 PM   #157
Capt Jack Harkness
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 210
Uploads: 1

Just tested 2.0 and I noticed the bearing indicator on the scopes is mirrored vertically. I see one whole bearing strip and then the top half of another one under the first.

Running at 1920x1200.
Capt Jack Harkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-10, 12:58 AM   #158
reaper7
sim2reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt Jack Harkness View Post
Just tested 2.0 and I noticed the bearing indicator on the scopes is mirrored vertically. I see one whole bearing strip and then the top half of another one under the first.

Running at 1920x1200.
Tks Capt. Will fix that one
Old 08-27-10, 02:03 AM   #159
robbythesub
Captain

Downloads: 302

Hi R7

Thanks for the updated mod which is great, but I notice that on mine the old attack map from the bottom left of the screen no longer works- is this intended?
I have been going back to the main map which is a bit more difficult in an attack situation.

Thanks
robbythesub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-10, 05:29 AM   #160
nodlew
Engineer

Downloads: 572

Hey Reaper. I'll post a screenshot of the Compass, don't have the time right now, just want to reply quickly. Yeah, there is something up with the RAOBF in general. No matter what I do I just can't get the markings file just right for every ship. I can get it perfect for one, but then some of the others are a little off. A happy medium is all I think I'll be able to achieve. One question though. I see your markings file has only forty marks total horizontally. The dial is made so that at 2000 m or so a Large steamer in 6X zoom should be about 29 marks along one half of the ship (@90 deg). So the dds isn't made to even get an 90 deg AOB on a ship 147 m long at 2000 m in 6x? That's why I'm making mine with like 60 marks total. Just wondering.

As far as the scale of the panels--they are great. No, I don't think the torpedo panel is too small. I like the way the stadimeter buttons work--seems less buggy too. I haven't noticed the stadimeter quitting working anymore forcing me to open the map to get them back. In fact, other than the dds and the compass, haven't seen any glitches at all.

Great work.
nodlew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-10, 07:30 AM   #161
reaper7
sim2reality

Thanks Nodlew for feedback on RAOBF. Wasn't aware of there not being enough marking on the RAOBF - obviously I didn't test it with the taller vessels .
I f you want to work on yours so its callibrated regards the height and send me a copy I'll redo mine to match.
Utill I can fix the model issues AOB won't work in SH5 with the RAOBF (Devs and there shortcuts - no realism ). But I'm working on a workaroud.

That issue with the stadimeter won't happen again, rescripted how it works. By th way how do you like the blinking eyepiece in the stadimeter icon for Send Range To TDC. Took me a while to get that working, was very proud of it .

As for the compass I think I know what the problem is. I had 2 copies on the TriRing graphics. One in a folder called TriRing and one in the Attack Periscope folder. I deleted the attack periscope one before release to make the file smaller.

I bet I have the Menu Editor pointing at the AttackPeriscope folder instead of the TriRing folder. That would explain why only the nightmask is showing (The night mask for the TriRing is actually the AttackDisc rescalled).

If you go to C:\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter 5\data\Menu\Gui\R7 TDC\TriRingCompass and copy the (TriRingCompass.dds) image to C:\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter 5\data\Menu\Gui\R7 TDC\Attack Pericope, that should fix the issue.

EDIT: Confirmed via Menu Editor TrRing Images are pointed at the Attack Periscope Folder.
So fix above will sort that out untill I release a bugfix.

I'll release an update once all bugs have been reported to fix the issues.

@robbythesub. Seems to work Ok my end, Try unistalling the Mod and Reinstalling - may be a modsoup issue.
Old 08-27-10, 12:15 PM   #162
reaper7
sim2reality

Patch for the latest reported bugs.
  • Fix for Tri-Ring compass not displaying
  • All Bearing dials in Scopes display correctly.
Install with JGSME and allow overwrite conflicts.

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/down...o=file&id=2775

Last edited by reaper7; 08-27-10 at 12:31 PM.
Old 08-27-10, 06:11 PM   #163
lavr
Swabbie

Downloads: 52
Default follow target

Hey reaper7,
Is there such function as to follow target when I am usung RAOBF?
Thank you.
lavr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-10, 06:28 PM   #164
reaper7
sim2reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by lavr View Post
Hey reaper7,
Is there such function as to follow target when I am usung RAOBF?
Thank you.

No, but I will look into adding that feature. Would make sence when using the RAOBF.
Old 08-27-10, 07:34 PM   #165
lavr
Swabbie

Downloads: 52
Default Follow target

Quote:
Originally Posted by reaper7 View Post
No, but I will look into adding that feature. Would make sence when using the RAOBF.
Sounds great !
lavr is offline   Reply With Quote