SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-08-08, 09:51 AM   #2896
xanthos581
Swabbie

Downloads: 17
Uploads: 0

I'm unable to get GWX installed. I first uninstalled SH3 including saved games. I then reinstalled SH3 and upgraded to 1.4b for DVD retail version. Oddly, it said I was upgrading to 1.3 (I tried 3 times from 2 different download sites with the same results). So I left it at that. I then downloaded all the files for GWX and tried to install. I got a message that my game didn't meet GWX requirements, maybe the wrong version. So I tried installing it anyway and got an error message saying I had a data file corruption. Do I have to re-download? I am running Vista 32.
Thanks.
xanthos581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-08, 09:54 AM   #2897
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by xanthos581
I'm unable to get GWX installed. I first uninstalled SH3 including saved games. I then reinstalled SH3 and upgraded to 1.4b for DVD retail version. Oddly, it said I was upgrading to 1.3 (I tried 3 times from 2 different download sites with the same results). So I left it at that. I then downloaded all the files for GWX and tried to install. I got a message that my game didn't meet GWX requirements, maybe the wrong version. So I tried installing it anyway and got an error message saying I had a data file corruption. Do I have to re-download? I am running Vista 32.
Thanks.
There are instructions on installation for those who use Vista on the GWX Website (click on my sig)

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-08, 09:55 AM   #2898
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarlSteiner
Hi Jimbuna,

thanks for your patience with the fans.

Now I have a simple question and I beg you to answer as true as it gets:

Will you bring out for such people, who won't use the GWX-expansion completely a single Mod about the Dolphins (DLF) and the wrecks (barricadeship)?

Because I tried them to use but the graphic brings out a flickering screen and bad scenery.
I fear you have code the mod so that noone can alter them!

Best regards

Karl

P.S.:
If it is so and not a reparable bug I will bring out my tugs, lightships and lighthouses out of GWX.
Your better off contacting BBW, he scripted everything in GWX

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-08, 10:04 AM   #2899
bigboywooly
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 35

Hi Karl
You have PM

My mediafire page http://www.mediafire.com/?11eoq19bq9r41
bigboywooly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-08, 10:48 AM   #2900
undercovergeek
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbuna
You should see your torpedo 'tracl' line when in the attack screen.
when i lock targets in the periscope and there are green amber and red triangles on the target - what do these mean? Alternatively just point me to the manual page and ill read it - thanks
Old 01-08-08, 10:58 AM   #2901
Dowly
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by undercovergeek
Quote:
You should see your torpedo 'tracl' line when in the attack screen.
when i lock targets in the periscope and there are green amber and red triangles on the target - what do these mean? Alternatively just point me to the manual page and ill read it - thanks
The color of the triangle tells you the change of successfull hit.

Red = Low change
Yellow = Medium change
Green = Good change
Dowly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-08, 11:42 AM   #2902
xanthos581
Swabbie

Quote:
Quote:
Thanks.
There are instructions on installation for those who use Vista on the GWX Website (click on my sig)
The game loads now but then I get the message WARNING! There is a new (not implemented) page: <page ingame option>!
Old 01-08-08, 12:11 PM   #2903
Dowly
Lucky Jack

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Thanks.
The game loads now but then I get the message WARNING! There is a new (not implemented) page: <page ingame option>!
That would mean you dont have the 1.4b patch installed correctly. AFAIK, the game tries to load something that wasnt functional till the 1.4b.
Old 01-08-08, 01:14 PM   #2904
xanthos581
Swabbie

I downloaded and installed the patch several times and it seems to execute properly. Again, the odd thing is that I download a patch called 1.4b but after downloading it says 1.3. Is that how everyone's is?
Old 01-08-08, 01:20 PM   #2905
Dowly
Lucky Jack

Quote:
I downloaded and installed the patch several times and it seems to execute properly. Again, the odd thing is that I download a patch called 1.4b but after downloading it says 1.3. Is that how everyone's is?
Yes, it says 1.3 for everyone.
Old 01-08-08, 01:50 PM   #2906
bigboywooly
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pole Doctor
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigboywooly
Was SH3 commander installed and used before you used it on GWX 2 ?
Did you roll back before installing GWX 2
I first installed SH3 Commander after installing GWX 2.0. I rolled it back before uninstalling SH3 and I reinstalled without SH3 Commander, to see whether it was involved in game crashes.

As I wrote yesterday, I'm extensively testing all the year/flotilla career possibilities, and even if it's not complete yet (it's extremely time consuming), here are some results :
  • 1939 : 3/3
    • Working : 1st flotilla (type IIA, Kiel), 2nd (VIIB, Kiel), 7/13th (VIIB, Kiel).
  • 1940 : 2/3
    • Working : 1st flotilla (IID, Kiel), 7/13th (VIIB, Saint-Nazaire)
    • Crashing : 2nd (IXB, Lorient)
  • 1941 : 2/4
    • Working : 1st flotilla (VIIC, Kiel), 23/29th (VIIB, Salamis)
    • Crashing : 2nd (IXB, Lorient), 7/13th (VIIC, Saint-Nazaire)
  • 1942 : 1/7
    • Working : 30/33th (IID, Constanza)
    • Crashing : 1st (VIIC, Brest), 2nd (IXC, Lorient), 7/13th (VIIC, Saint-Nazaire), 10th (IXC, Lorient), 11th (VIIC, Bergen), 23/29th (VIIB, La Spezia)
  • 1943 : 6 tested so far, all of them crashing (1st, 2nd, 7/13th, 10th, 11th, 23/29th).
The first time I experienced a crash was when I was transfered from 1st to 2nd in may, 1941. After upgrading to VIIB, it's been impossible to start a new patrol, which looks consistent with the above data.
What looks strange is that even after reinstalling SH3 + 1.4 + GWX 2.0 on a clean basis (no mods) and on a different directory, it keeps on crashing. Maybe some files from the previous install were corrupt in any way and were left on the HD ? How can I be sure every single file is removed upon uninstall (directories to remove by hand, etc.) ?
XP or Vista ?
doesnt sound if your install is right

My mediafire page http://www.mediafire.com/?11eoq19bq9r41
bigboywooly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-08, 04:07 PM   #2907
Pole Doctor
Swabbie

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigboywooly
XP or Vista ?
doesnt sound if your install is right
That's on a XP SP2 system. Just been extensively testing it to try and find out whether anything is wrong, but HD / CPU / RAM are OK so far. I'm running the game on an Athlon 64 3000+ / 1 Go RAM [am I a little bit short on RAM ?] / Radeon X1950 Pro 512 Mo system, which looks enough, and SH3 always ran smoothly and flawlessly.
I tried to enable the light harbor traffic mod but the issues are the same.
I'm really stuck with this one ...
Pole Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-08, 02:41 AM   #2908
JScones
Navy Seal

Downloads: 19

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Thanks.
You know, the FAQ page that jimbuna referred to above, when followed, WILL solve your problem, which is the result of a combination of Vista's UAC, a corrupt GWX2 install file and you not following the installation instructions.

You need to follow the 10 Widows [sic LOL!] Vista installation steps TO THE LETTER, THEN BEFORE you install GWX2 you should follow the MD5 Mate usage instructions (to identify which file is corrupt). I'd be surprised then if that didn't get you going.

Remember the 7 "P"s - Prior preparation and planning prevents piss poor performance.
JScones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-08, 12:47 AM   #2909
Venatore
Admiral

Downloads: 68
Default Venatore awards the following medals.......

For outstanding service to the SHIII game; Venatore awards the following medals to the GWX team;

The Iron Cross II Class.
The Iron Cross I Class.
The German Cross in Gold.
The Knight's Cross.
The Oak Leaves to the Knight's Cross.
The Knight's Cross with Oak Leaves and Swords.
The Diamonds to the Knight's Cross with Oak Leaves and Swords.
The Golden Oak Leaves, Swords & Diamonds to the Knight's Cross.

Venatore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-08, 12:55 AM   #2910
Kpt. Lehmann
GWX Project Director

Downloads: 115

Very cool gesture Venatore.

I'm sure the team appreciates it.

www.thegreywolves.com
All you need is good men. - Heinrich Lehmann-Willenbrock
Kpt. Lehmann is offline   Reply With Quote