Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Closed Thread

Old 03-03-19, 07:03 AM   #9316
JU_88
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 11
Uploads: 0

What ever churchill said or would have said is pretty academic when considering its based on 1940's/50's standards. Alots happened since then!

Anyway 'United states of Europe', In the context of just having come out of a 6 year bloody conflict. Rather than ' but I don't want to get a tourist visa to go skiing in the alps.'

Last edited by JU_88; 03-03-19 at 07:39 AM.
Old 03-03-19, 07:24 AM   #9317
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Theresa May has received a major Brexit boost ahead of key Commons votes with an endorsement of her deal from the Tories' backbench leader.

Sir Graham Brady, the powerful chairman of the 1922 Committee, has said he is ready to drop his opposition to the prime minister's contentious deal.https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/brexi...id=mailsignout
Arguably the most powerful Tory in Westminster but would he bring with him enough votes to see the Brexit deal through?

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Old 03-03-19, 07:27 AM   #9318
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

I see nothing contradicting in his remarks as linked to.

Hayek: Consrvatism is only as good as what it conserves.

Skybird: A union is only as good as what and how it unites.

Free market: yes, okay. But nothing more. For military cooperation, a EU is not needed. For shared defence projects between severla countries, a EU isnot needed. For maintaining peaceful relations and havign visitors cossing borders, an unguarded border or a EU is not needed. For economic self-respnsibility of nations, a EU is not needed. For student visa, a EU is not needed. For language lessons, a EU is not needed. A collectivization of unemployment and social wellfare and debts bailing-out must at no cost be wanted. Spreading corruption and self-serving of ministers, commissars and EU admonsitrators, must not be wanted. Forcing foeign nations to swallow mass migration they do not want, must not be supported.

A Freihandelszone. But encorzaging competition betweenn nations for best qualified perosnnel, artists, workers, by offering best conditions regarding loans, low taxes, conditions.

Instead, the EU enforces a continental monopoly with itself at the top.

Over the past 20 years, the EU, the more it "united" and "grew together", the more it lost global market shares to Asia and the US. That is exactly the opposite effect of what is claimed a growing EU notification should achieve. Planned economy kills innovation, creativity, competitiveness. The digital rights agenda of the eU is very destructive and does nothing to become more competitve with the comouter and It industry of the US, the big players all are Americna and China - and this is an economic key branch. The Germans have overslept adapting their own key industry, car making, even want to kill it. German banks have become the running joke of global banksters, ar dwarves. And Germany invests its money into demands it has against other nations and economies running on debt, which means it wastes its wealth by wasting its wealth, if that makes sense, for these credits and demands will NEVER be paid back to us. Even if the other would want to pay them back - they cannot.

But ever more centrlased deciison making in Brussel and ever more planned economy and hoeplessly overreglated business-running and ever more bureaucratic mciro-managment even for the sallest of companies should heal this mess? Should be a dysfunctionaol system that evertheless "can be reformed"? It was deliberately designed to be the mess it is, to give politicans a reason to exist: by claiming they can dela with it and have solutions. They have none. They are parasites, and they spread a lethal, liberty-killing virus with their claims.

No, this hardly is what Churchill would have supported. He had different ideas about European collaboration, even different ones than deGaulle - and deGaulle'S idea also had strict limits regarding how far a European unification should lead. Last but not least, Churchill encouraged a Franco-German coperation to have the French in tight partnership with the germans - to overwatch and control them, not to start another stupid thing again.
Old 03-03-19, 07:43 AM   #9319
STEED
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 89
Uploads: 48

The fact is this government has made no real effort what so ever because they don't want too. Even if May gets it though their is a massive ton more to be done and that is going to be the hard stuff that will take years.

I say write the whole bloody thing off and everyone stop voting. Westminster is a bloody disgrace and massive reform is needed to get that lot working for us.

To borrow Davros saying...I NAME YOU CHIBNALL THE DESTROYER OF DR WHO YOU KILLED IT!
Old 03-03-19, 08:03 AM   #9320
STEED
Lucky Jack

Quote:
Antisemitism 'intimately related' to Labour's politics, says MP who quit party
https://news.sky.com/story/antisemit...party-11653947

If Labour was serious about this problem it would had been sorted out by now. Clearly they are not clearly this issue is staying put.

To borrow Davros saying...I NAME YOU CHIBNALL THE DESTROYER OF DR WHO YOU KILLED IT!
Old 03-03-19, 08:12 AM   #9321
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Labour anti-Semitism: Tom Watson clashes with party boss.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-47425319

I must confess to feeling a little sympathy for Tom Watson atm. I voted for him as Deputy in the leadership election and he currently appears to be one of the few in Labour that speaks any sense.

Old 03-03-19, 12:48 PM   #9322
STEED
Lucky Jack

Icon12

CAMPAIGN TO FREE JIM

Free Jim now.

STEED The Bunker UK

Quote:
Jeremy Corbyn hit by egg during Mosque visit
https://news.sky.com/story/jeremy-co...ondon-11654410

Last edited by STEED; 03-03-19 at 12:59 PM.
Old 03-03-19, 07:00 PM   #9323
JU_88
Silent Hunter

Borris's latest gaff anyone?

Old 03-04-19, 02:35 AM   #9324
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEED View Post
The fact is this government has made no real effort what so ever because they don't want too. Even if May gets it though their is a massive ton more to be done and that is going to be the hard stuff that will take years. [...]
Well first of all the guys that initiated it all for whatever reason gallantly chickened away the day their goal was accomplished. I mean those who were responsible and in charge, ran away. And now runner Nr. 1 Mr. Farage (the one who won the british hearts while posing in front of a Nazi poster) founds a brexit party? What for, to run awy once more? The nerve!

Second when May was elected it was not only that she had been against brexit, but their was no plan to do whatsoever. Why should she just of all have cared for beforehand? No one expected a brexit. Not even Johnson, or Rees-Mogg.
We have seen how helpful Cameron, Farage, Johnson and some other backstabbers of her own party have been, to "help" her.

So no plan. One should have thought that at least the leavers would have had some idea, but no. Bigmouthing, and then let others do the hard work (and let May take the blame for their lies).

Whatever, May was the only one who seems to even have cared and thought about what to do next when she was put in charge, while being attacked from all sides, all the time. Still she managed to be the only productive person who seems to actually have done something in those two years instead of accusing others all the time. Call it her stubbornness or power-greedy or whatever, but the rest of this clique sure has shown no responsibility.

Other than being a real united kingdom in blaming it all on the EU

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.

Last edited by Catfish; 03-04-19 at 02:54 AM.
Old 03-04-19, 03:00 AM   #9325
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

"Kick EU-bastards out", words by Boris Johnson:
https://www.politico.eu/article/how-...boris-johnson/
Thanks, we will remember them.

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Old 03-04-19, 06:27 AM   #9326
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEED View Post
CAMPAIGN TO FREE JIM

Free Jim now.

STEED The Bunker UK

https://news.sky.com/story/jeremy-co...ondon-11654410
Quote:
Jeremy Corbyn hit by egg during Mosque visit
Quote:
"But then he came here, to the Muslim Welfare Centre, with [shadow home secretary] Diane Abbott.

"While he was here in an upstairs room, a protester - a pro-Brexit protester we understand, according to eyewitnesses - placed an egg on his head."

PA reported that the attacker was overheard to say "when you vote you get what you vote for".

According to the Metropolitan Police, a 41-year-old man was "quickly" arrested on suspicion of assault after the incident.
Wasn't me but I wish I had an identical opportunity.

Hard choice would be which one to splatter....much better if I had two eggs.

Old 03-04-19, 06:36 AM   #9327
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
A £1.6bn government fund has been launched to boost less well-off towns in England after Brexit.

The pot is split into £1bn, divided in England using a needs-based formula, and £600m communities can bid for.

More than half of the money, to be spread over seven years, will go to the north of England and the Midlands.

Labour called it a bribe to influence MPs to back the PM's Brexit deal and critics say it does not cover cuts to local authority funding.https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-47435565
It certainly looks like bribe money.

Old 03-04-19, 05:31 PM   #9328
STEED
Lucky Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post

Criminal behavior, another good reason not to vote.

Old 03-05-19, 07:49 AM   #9329
JU_88
Silent Hunter

Quote:
I'm sure it will be put to good use.

Old 03-05-19, 07:55 AM   #9330
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
Ministers will resume efforts later to secure legally-binding changes to Theresa May's Brexit deal that might get MPs' backing in a week's time.

Brexit Secretary Stephen Barclay and Attorney General Geoffrey Cox will meet EU officials in Brussels in search of guarantees over the backstop plan to avoid border checks in Ireland.

Mr Cox has dismissed reports he has given up on securing a firm end date to ensure the UK is not stuck.https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-47449853
A further waste of time or not?

Closed Thread

Tags
british, politics