Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Modern-Era Subsims > Dangerous Waters
Forget password? Reset here

Old 07-02-17, 10:39 PM   #1
Lanzfeld
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 64
Uploads: 0
Default Strange stock tracker bug

Sometimes when I play in the sub and I have the sonar Autocrew OFF I will still get some contacts that seem to automatically get a tracker assigned.
Lanzfeld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-17, 03:25 AM   #2
Wildcat
Engineer

Downloads: 69

You're probably not seeing a bug.

You're probably seeing the ambiguous contact.

When you add a contact you detected using the Towed Array, two contacts will be added to your map depending on the platform you're in. The TA sensor has no way of knowing which contact is the real contact so you need to turn your ship and travel a small distance to determine the real one.

The real contact will not change its bearing much but the ambiguous contact will shift bearing the same number of degrees your ship turned.

I think this especially happens in the FFG platform.
Wildcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-17, 08:42 AM   #3
Lanzfeld
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 64

Thank you for the information but that's not what I'm talking about. I will have a contact on the waterfall and with auto crew off sometimes a tracker will be assigned without me assigning it
Lanzfeld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-17, 01:36 PM   #4
Wildcat
Engineer

Downloads: 69
Default bug

can you take a screenshot of this?

what is the name being assigned to the contact? i.e. Sierra, Echo, etc.

I can't think of many reasons for this to happen other than an ini file corruption or maybe an interface or input problem, your autocrew is probably turned on or momentarily turning on. Check that you're not accidentally hitting a hotkey to turn on the autocrew, it is possible that it's turning on and off instantly if you hit the wrong key or accidentally click the autocrew tab on the top left of the screen.

It's also a possibility that your screen resolution is some how getting messed up and your mouse cursor is being automatically placed in the top left of the screen, this would result in some occasional glitches. DW's handling of modern screen resolutions and aspect ratios is not great. Try running it in Windowed mode and see if this still happens (google for instructions on how to run in windowed mode)
Wildcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-17, 08:04 PM   #5
kramxel
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanzfeld View Post
Thank you for the information but that's not what I'm talking about. I will have a contact on the waterfall and with auto crew off sometimes a tracker will be assigned without me assigning it
Sometimes in stock DW when you try to assign a contact, it will only do so when the SNR value is high enough, which means it will only assign a contact a 1min or so after you've clicked.
I've seen it happen from time to time.
Old 07-14-17, 10:55 AM   #6
A-Ganger
Sparky

Downloads: 13

I see the same issues with this.
Yesterday I had all crew turned off yet Sonar would start creating contacts and saying it without me doing it..
ALL crew was off?

Maybe this is what "kramxel" is referring to.

Like when you have a contact, click to assign a number, nothing happens (can't assign contact #) then a while later Sonar reports a contact?
A-Ganger is offline   Reply With Quote