SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 02-01-10, 10:46 PM   #331
Admiral Von Gerlach
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 358
Uploads: 0

Beautiful DDs and Kaga! great to see ! much hard work ....danke!
Old 02-04-10, 05:34 AM   #332
Hunter
Commander

Downloads: 166

Doesn't equipment updates work in SH4 the same way like in SH3 by establishing dates in .eqp file?
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-10, 09:30 AM   #333
AOTD_MadMax
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 71
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
Doesn't equipment updates work in SH4 the same way like in SH3 by establishing dates in .eqp file?

Yes, it does !!

Greets

Maddy
Old 02-04-10, 09:55 PM   #334
punkmaster98
Gunner

Downloads: 38
Default Bug Fix

Can someone pls send me the bugfix for 1.3? the link is dead

Suny Maritime
Marine Ops
punkmaster98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-10, 10:29 AM   #335
AOTD_MadMax
Seasoned Skipper

First Ingamepictures of the Kaga ......

Regards

Maddy
Old 02-08-10, 11:34 AM   #336
keltos01
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 114
Uploads: 18

Maddy,

you never cease to amaze me !!!

regards,

keltos

keltos01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-10, 02:06 PM   #337
cdrsubron7
Sink'em All

Downloads: 305

Looks fantastic, Sir! Well done.

Head Deep and Keep'em Astern" - LtCDR Samuel D Dealy
SHIV Guide | Imperial Japanese Navy | US Submarines

cdrsubron7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-10, 08:31 PM   #338
remenents
Swabbie

Downloads: 40
Default Nice!

I am finally back from Iraq and can install this... my only problem is that I can not remember how to get mods to work and how to use the JSGME mod enabler. I looked for some help online and found a bunch, but they are all very long and have too much "computer" talk. If someone could help me, that would be great! I just need something that explains how to do this in plain old english with not too much comupter lingo. I havent been around a PC much the past year, so dont remember much lol.
Old 02-11-10, 10:55 AM   #339
OG Hase
Mate

Downloads: 107

It is my pleasure to declare once more how much I really like this mod! But one (maybe noobish) question I have: I'm playing version 1.4 so that means that 1.4 is for SH 4 1.4, right and this 1.3 is only for UBM when added!? Little confused about that sry! Please tell me that this version includes everything (driving US - Boats and bit strange looking crew aboard Germans as well) and will there be an update for the 1.4 as well in the near future!? And my deepest sympathies and kind regards to remenents! I really appreciate what you guys do to fight evil in this world! Good to hear that you made it home safely and healthy! Wish I could join the US - Forces so much but that dream will never come true I'm afraid...
OG Hase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-10, 12:31 PM   #340
remenents
Swabbie

I got it working. My question/poll is this now:

What other mods does everyone run with this?

I am not looking for the super cheese mods where your boat dont sink. I am looking for the ones that add, say, extra IJN ships (merchants and other) so I have more targets to choose from. If there are any out there, please let me know, because this mod is really fun!

I just wish it was more stable for me I seem to crash pretty often.
Old 02-11-10, 12:49 PM   #341
AOTD_MadMax
Seasoned Skipper

@ OG Hase

FOTRS V1.4 is the 4. Evolution of FOTRS for SH4 V1.4 without UBM !

FOTRS V1.3 is the 3. Evolution of FOTRS for SH4 V1.5 with UBM !

Remember that FOTRS V1.4 is only available in german.
That means that the menu and all text is in german but the language of voice from crew is english.

FOTRS V1.3 is complete in english.

@ remenents

You dont need any other mod with more merchants ore any other ship cause FOTRS got most ships at all.

I think that there are only 2-3 available units not included in FOTRS.
FOTRS only crashes when your system is weak cause FOTRS got many units and FOTRS needs 2 GB memory ore better more.
Also you need good graficcard cause FOTRS got more effects like stock SH4 !

On my system FOTRS didnt crash any time.

Regards

Maddy
Old 02-11-10, 06:59 PM   #342
remenents
Swabbie

I have 1.7GHZ 4 gig ram 256 vid card. I have never had a problem playing any game I have ever bought, but this game is constantly crshing. I am so tired of it, that I am just giving up on it. Its a fun game... when it works, but I cant take all the crashing that happens. 3 hours of playing and 7 crashes now. I am done until I can solve this.
Old 02-11-10, 10:42 PM   #343
Starforce2
Planesman

Downloads: 25

madmax, you have a new like over at silent hunter filefront if yours goes down, incase you want to throw it in the first post. If you notify me right away if any patches need releasing for this I can get those out asap too.

Oh, big modern hansa freighter...next time you see one inspect it's rudder before you attack..there might be an error where the rudder appears to be not properly attached to the ship.

Also I got an objective to sink enemy battleships however I think it was supposed to say cargoships because a big modern hansa did the trick. Might want to double check your grammar/translation on that one.

Last edited by Starforce2; 02-12-10 at 12:32 AM.
Starforce2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-10, 09:31 PM   #344
nodlew
Engineer

Downloads: 572
Default Love the mod. A few issues. Of course.

This is the last mega-mod I have tried after all the others and I really love it. It is a great balance of game-play and realism. I'm finding encounters with the enemy to be more intense--the sound and weapon effects really ratchet things up a notch. The ships look great--love the added planes, etc., all done up beautifully. Damage effects on my user submarine seem well done. The sub is as fragile as it ought to be.

Of course, I have personal tastes, and the mod does not perfectly match all of them. So, for the record, I would like to note some possible fixes/alterations.

It's been mentioned by others, and it's easy to fix on one's own (which I will do), but I don't like the "Yes!" after every torpedo impact. As Captain, I want to tell that guy to shut the hell up and mind his battle station. It becomes irritatingly repetitious when a spread of torpedoes hits its mark.

One other sound issue--a crewman (Helmsman?) keeps saying "Dive!" when I order the boat to be surfaced. Countermanding of my orders at sea in a time of war will not be tolerated. If this man's insubordination persists, he will face the severest of penalties up to and including a Firing Squad.

The interface has everything I like, except a button or two in a particular spot. No ID Contact button at the TBT station. No Surface The Boat button at the Command station. No Open\Close Torpedo Tube button
at any of the attack stations.

For some reason the Bearing Dial at the PPI Radar station seems reversed. 270 is where 90 should be, etc. Beyond that, the bearing dial now has no mark on the inner dial (the one that indicates where the radar is focusing) to indicate what bearing it is pointing to. And why does it say Relative Sound Bearing when it is actually a Radar Bearing?

Actually, I am using the Cameras.dat file from TMO which allows freedom of movement throughout the boat and the ability to look around, otherwise, with the Cameras.dat included with FOTRS I would not be able to look up high enough to see the Bearing Dial at the PPI Radar at all. Apparently many people do not use this dial, but I depend on it to get accurate bearings on radar contacts.

Aside from that, I love the fixes to the Radar stations--nice that the range only goes to 30000 max now. I didn't like having 80000 on my scope and only picking up contacts at half that distance.

That's about it. I've only been playing the mod for one night so I'm sure I'll find other things to bitch about.

And to rave about as well of course.

Edit--Fixed the Cheering Crew and Yes! problem by removing all Torpedo Impact wavs from FOTRS and then had to (backup and) remove all Ono_Cheers files from the main SH4 data\Sound\Speech folder. Haven't noticed the Dive! when surfacing problem--could have been me hitting the wrong button.

Last edited by nodlew; 02-14-10 at 03:27 PM.
nodlew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-10, 03:05 PM   #345
nodlew
Engineer

Downloads: 572

I did have to do a reinstall of SH4 because I couldn't uninstall this mod. JSGME said "install logs not found" or something. After removing the mod, the FOTRS Splash screen was still there and the game would crash before fully loading up. When I had a clean reinstall of SH4 1.5 I made sure to back up my Data folder. When I again had a similar problem I just had to delete the corrupt data folder and paste from the backup--took five minutes maybe and I was back to a clean install. When I had these problems I was not running either JSGME or SH4 1.5 as an Administrator. Since making that change in the properties/compatibility for both programs, FOTRS seems to uninstall correctly. I can run the game stock and having looked around, I don't see evidence of FOTRS. The only thing that doesn't install, so far as I can tell, is the intro movie. Not a big deal.

Can't speak for multiplayer as I have never played it.

Last edited by nodlew; 02-14-10 at 03:45 PM. Reason: Afterthought
nodlew is offline   Reply With Quote