SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-29-07, 04:42 PM   #1006
meylan
Watch

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Hello there , could some please answer this question thats been niggling me .

I've installed GWX 1.3 over clean sh3 1.4 , when unchecking high quality texture in video options it has no effect in the sim (even when reloading the game ) .
The texture is still high quality . Is there anything I could to the one of the config files to not use the high quality texture.
Thanks
meylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-07, 11:44 PM   #1007
OddjobXL
Torpedoman

I'm trying to get this installed. I had what I thought was a clean install of SHIII with the 1.4b patch but it didn't work. So I uninstalled and repatched but got the same error message. I am running in Vista which is supposed to be compatible.

Error message in the install log:

Quote:
Verification of "C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\SilentHunterIII" by The Grey Wolves Expansion failed.
Test 1 = PASSED
Test 2 = PASSED
Test 3 = FAILED - 1.0.0.1
Test 4 = PASSED
Test 5 = PASSED
I did a search for the error code in this thread without success. Any help would be appreciated.
OddjobXL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-07, 12:36 AM   #1008
P_Funk
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 128

Hey I'd like to just randomly ask: what are the degrees between the reticle marks in the attack scope and uzo in GWX?

P_Funk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-07, 12:54 AM   #1009
danlisa
Navy Seal

Downloads: 45
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by OddjobXL
I'm trying to get this installed. I had what I thought was a clean install of SHIII with the 1.4b patch but it didn't work. So I uninstalled and repatched but got the same error message. I am running in Vista which is supposed to be compatible.

Quote:
Verification of "C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\SilentHunterIII" by The Grey Wolves Expansion failed.
Test 1 = PASSED
Test 2 = PASSED
Test 4 = PASSED
Test 5 = PASSED
I did a search for the error code in this thread without success. Any help would be appreciated.
Have a look at this thread - http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=105144

This is a patching problem related to vista, the above thread has solutions.

Last edited by danlisa; 03-30-07 at 02:18 AM.
danlisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-07, 01:53 AM   #1010
JScones
Navy Seal

Downloads: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by OddjobXL

Quote:
Test 1 = PASSED
Test 2 = PASSED
Test 4 = PASSED
Test 5 = PASSED
In simple terms, the SH3 installation you selected is not patched to v1.4b. the 1.0.0.1 indicates that your installation of SH3 is the original. You can prove this yourself by loading it up - if the main screen does not have "v1.4b" in the lower right corner, it ain't patched.
JScones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-07, 08:29 AM   #1011
OddjobXL
Torpedoman

Thanks for the quick response. I'll try it out when I get home tonight and let you know how it goes. If it's half as impressive as the manual is, and from all accounts this is so, I think the Pacific may have to wait a bit for me.
OddjobXL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-07, 08:37 AM   #1012
SteamWake
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 5

Hey all,

Im currently running GW version 3.0 or something. I would like to move up to GWX.

As I understand things I have to have a "fresh install" to be able to apply GWX.

What about my carrier and "settings" ?
SteamWake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-07, 08:42 AM   #1013
melnibonian
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 90

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteamWake
What about my carrier and "settings" ?
As the manual say:
1. Frash install of SH3 patched to 1.4b
2. Previous carriers might be non-GWX compatible. You will be better off to start a new one.
melnibonian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-07, 11:49 AM   #1014
meylan
Watch

Sorry to keep asking this Question but can some one just confirm that when using the GWX mod the ingame options Quality texture and particle density have no effect .

EXAMPLE
stock sh3 1.4 : with high quality texture checked most things are clearly visable .
stock sh3 1.4 : with high quality unchecked some dials ,gauges,pictures and other things are a little blurred freeing up frames.

note : not sure if that setting effects the whole sim world(water, AI, terrain ect..)

sh3 +GWX: with high quality texture checked all things are clearly visible .
sh3 +GWX: with high quality texture unchecked all things are still clearly visible making me think that its having no effect on the game(sim).
Or could it be that its just effecting different things now GWX is installed.

Like I said I'm sorry for asking this again but could some one please shed some light on this for me.

Thanks
Old 03-30-07, 12:30 PM   #1015
danlisa
Navy Seal

@ meylan

I'll just test my copy & report back.
Old 03-30-07, 01:30 PM   #1016
danlisa
Navy Seal

@ meylan

I've just tested and you are right.

This is probably due because stock SH3 placed textures in dedicated folders called TNormal & TLowRes, now, because GWX has made these textures high res with large file sizes the only way that the devs could maintain sensible performance (load times) they had to pack these textures into DAT files. Although this enabled them to totally revamp the graphics while keep low load times it did mean that SH3 has no low res textures to load when you choose to enable Low Textures in the options.

Are there any settings in your GFX Card Control panel which you can change to help you raise your FPS in game?

I hope this helps you.
Old 03-30-07, 02:15 PM   #1017
meylan
Watch

Thank you for doing that it has helpled me and yes I have ATI tray tools to play around with.

So would you say the particle density slider still works ?

I have read that GW used have an optional stock sea floor mod . GWX 1.3 does not have this optional mod but would THIS stock sea floor mod be compatible with GWX 1.3 .

Thanks
Old 03-30-07, 02:38 PM   #1018
danlisa
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by meylan
So would you say the particle density slider still works ?
Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by meylan
I have read that GW used have an optional stock sea floor mod . GWX 1.3 does not have this optional mod but would THIS stock sea floor mod be compatible with GWX 1.3 .

Thanks
GWX has a stock/optimized sea floor as default. However, as the sea floor texture is just a graphic, any sea floor mod that you find will work.
Old 03-30-07, 05:55 PM   #1019
P_Funk
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 128

Quote:
Originally Posted by P_Funk
Hey I'd like to just randomly ask: what are the degrees between the reticle marks in the attack scope and uzo in GWX?
I don't want to be a total b1tch but I'm really interested in that there question above.

P_Funk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-07, 05:57 PM   #1020
meylan
Watch

Quote:
Originally Posted by danlisa
GWX has a stock/optimized sea floor as default. However, as the sea floor texture is just a graphic, any sea floor mod that you find will work.
So the sea floor in GWX 1.3 is even better for performance than the sea floor in stock sh3. I see .
Performance was what I was looking for so theres no point installing the file I was referring too.

Once again thanks for the help .