SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Closed Thread

Old 05-17-10, 01:18 PM   #106
makman94
Hellas

Downloads: 182
Uploads: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by briklebritt View Post
hi makman,

i tested the bearing aob tool in your mod like TXT-file says...
i did it 5 times and never got correct AOB with this tool.

i waited (3 minutes) between b1 and b2 and (3 minutes) between b2 and b3.

i got:
B1 346
B2 357
B3 4 (364)

so... B2-B1 = 11 and B3-B1 = 18

i used tool and got a AOB of 138

but when i go to map and draw with goniometer at first bearing (346) and the course of the ship i got an AOB about 100 at (346) and not 138.

Where is my error? can u help?
hi Briklebritt,
here:

first of all the tool is showing 135+ degrees (not 138)
i entered your data at Gutted's tool in order to get fast the target's course . it showed that target's course is 30,7 degrees .
now ,look at the white paper, the calculations for the aob at b1 are resulting to 135,3 degrees.

so, the tool is showing you the correct aob at b1.

Quote:
oh, i got 3 things in your GIU which did not work for me. i cannot click "logbook", "obs perisope" and "radio messages" - do you know about?
no,the buttons you describe are all ok. i don't know what is causing you these issues becuase you didn't gave any clues so i can't help.
basically ,it seems that something is not going ok with your Commands_en
file.
a) are you using the german language ?
b) are you running mods that conflicting with MaGui's files ? (a pic of your mod list would help )

bye

Mediafire page:http://www.mediafire.com/folder/da50.../Makman94_Mods
Old 05-21-10, 03:22 PM   #107
briklebritt
Bosun

Downloads: 145
Uploads: 0

got another question... how to get correct AOB with wheel. Please anybody help me.

i cannot set final thing for AOB on wheel. Where is my error?

i read to use x2,5 at 6-zoom and use complete length of the ship.. please look..

PS: i got range of 560m with statimeter - map shows 560m too.

Old 05-21-10, 05:44 PM   #108
makman94
Hellas

hi Briklebritt,

you haven't made any error ...

continue counting...from '40' . the '0,5' that you see next is representing the '50' and the '1' far left is '100' .

the '75' is under the g of the word 'lange' and shows you aob=67 degrees

bye

Old 05-29-10, 05:57 PM   #109
madmex
Sailor man

Downloads: 127

is this mod also working in sh5 ?????

thanks,
jack
Old 05-30-10, 06:32 AM   #110
geosub1978
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 229

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmex View Post
is this mod also working in sh5 ?????

thanks,
jack
No, no, no its a different game code!
Old 05-30-10, 11:06 AM   #111
makman94
Hellas

Default MaGui v3.3

hello guys,

MaGui v3.3 is ready !

from its readme :

addings-changes(to previous version v3.2.1)
-------------------------------------------

1.adding a button for switching a visual filter at attack and obs periscopes (the filter must be manually switched off-via its button-when you 'leave' from periscopes)

2. add marks at ''aob'' wheels for the angle x (info for this angle can be found in the tutorial for the ''broken'' TDC Attack methods)

3. adds ,also,the digital gyro on Torpedo-TDC's panel at obs scope ,in order to be visible when tdc's panel is on view.

4. adds the shooting bearing's tables for 30,40 and 44 knots torpedoes at attack scope,obs scope and uzo pages (info for the use of these tables in the tutorial for the ''broken'' TDC Attack methods)

5.tweaks at commands_en.cfg file. with these tweaks ,if you choose a new torpedo tube the previous selected tube stays open and will close only by the key ''W'' or by the order of weapon's officer . ( ''Q''= opening selected tube(s) , ''W''= close selected tube(s) and ''Y''= cycle tubes ).

6.reworked lens ( darker) for the attack and obs scopes and reworked reticles .also, you will find at optionals a set of alternative lens for the scopes(brighter) directly taken from sh5.

6.many minor graphical touches here and there.

you will find ,also,at its .rar a new tutorial that explaining you how to use the shooting bearing tables. its another one ''broken'' TDC method ,but this one is when you want to achieve straight shots to the target with different intercepts angles . a technique that i believe many captains used in real life.
this technique has also the possibility to ''correct'' your shot with adjusting gyroangle value but its not analyzed in the tutorial becuase then the shot is not a straight shot. at the future i will make a tutorial explaining the advanced uses of this technique.
many thanks to Geosub, how helped me a lot with the 'ditry' job on excel (writing a formula on excel is very 'tricky') for finding the values for the shooting bearings for each type of torpedo.

at the moment,some final checks are taking place and expect a release tomorrow.

some pics:

Old 05-30-10, 11:59 AM   #112
IFRT-WHUFC
Engineer

Downloads: 374

Is 3.3 ready for download? I can't find the link!

thanks
Rick
Old 05-30-10, 12:34 PM   #113
SquareSteelBar
Sea Lord

Downloads: 618

Quote:
Originally Posted by IFRT-WHUFC View Post
...I can't find the link!...
Quote:
Originally Posted by makman94 View Post
...at the moment,some final checks are taking place and expect a release tomorrow...
Old 05-30-10, 12:47 PM   #114
LGN1
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 12

Hi makman94,

very nice work

I don't know whether you are aware of this, but the electric TII torpedo runs at 28 knots and not 30 knots (at least in GWX. No idea why it's always written 30 knots ). The steam torpedoes (and the TIII) run at 30 knots (when set to slow). Some time ago I made similar tables as you did now and figured this out. You might add a torpedo.sim file with modified speeds to your release.

Cheers, LGN1

PS: For my private use I added a second speed setting to the electric torpedoes to simulate a cold and preheated torp. I use the preheated setting only when I have enough time before shooting. My settings are:

TII: cold 28kn/3000m preheated 30kn/5000m
TIII: cold 28kn/4500m preheated 30kn/7500m

I don't know how long the preheating took in real life. I play with 15 min.

Last edited by LGN1; 05-30-10 at 12:59 PM.
Old 05-30-10, 03:10 PM   #115
comet61
Sparky

Downloads: 240

Quote:
Is 3.3 ready for download? I can't find the link!
I believe he means the 31st of May...

The bearing tables would be awesome since I shoot from "the hip" at close range a great deal. Can't wait for the update.
Old 05-30-10, 09:20 PM   #116
makman94
Hellas

Quote:
Originally Posted by LGN1 View Post
Hi makman94,

very nice work

I don't know whether you are aware of this, but the electric TII torpedo runs at 28 knots and not 30 knots (at least in GWX. No idea why it's always written 30 knots ). The steam torpedoes (and the TIII) run at 30 knots (when set to slow). Some time ago I made similar tables as you did now and figured this out. You might add a torpedo.sim file with modified speeds to your release.

Cheers, LGN1

PS: For my private use I added a second speed setting to the electric torpedoes to simulate a cold and preheated torp. I use the preheated setting only when I have enough time before shooting. My settings are:

TII: cold 28kn/3000m preheated 30kn/5000m
TIII: cold 28kn/4500m preheated 30kn/7500m

I don't know how long the preheating took in real life. I play with 15 min.
really very usefull information LGN1 ! thank you
at the test i used only the steam torps (becuase they had the three speeds 30,40,44 availiable) but no the electric torps .i didn't know that electric torps were running at 28 kts so your info is more than usefull .

i will adjust the .sim files for torps, but i have a question .look at this pic :

if node 17 is steam torps (correct?) and node 19 is electric torps (correct?) then the node 21(type iii) and the node 23 (type vii) what torps are altering ??

ps: so , you had made these tables and you never released them ?? it was a real pain in the a... to create them ! these things must always 'see' the 'light' of day ! don't keep them at your hd

bye

Quote:
Originally Posted by comet61 View Post
I believe he means the 31st of May...
yes , on 31/May

Old 05-31-10, 12:00 AM   #117
Plissken_04
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 522

The Type VII Torpedo must be or can be the Walter Steinbarsch Torpedo,made by Aces of the Deep.

For more Information take a look here:

http://www.mediafire.com/?y0yonqmtjek

Maik
Old 05-31-10, 04:07 AM   #118
LGN1
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 12

Hi makman94,

you are right about the nodes 17,19,21 (just change the marked 28 in your picture to 30). Like Plissken_04, I think the other one is the Walter Steinbarsch Torpedo. But it's not implemented in the game (you can get some information about it in the GWX manual. Only 10 torps are used in the game IIRC, see below). TIII is the improved electric torpedo (new fuse and better batteries).

I made the tables for my malfunction mod which simulates TDC failures. I wanted to offer the player a tool to compensate the failure. However, I never finished it because I decided not to release my malfunction mod. It took me quite some time to figure out why my numbers (obtained from the steam torps) were sometimes working and sometimes not.

Cheers, LGN1

From the GWX manual:

• Stock Silent Hunter III includes graphics and modeling information for the T VII Steinbarsch (―rock bass) torpedo, but the torpedo is not available in the game. Germany produced at the very end of the war 100 of these wakeless, 45-knot, hydrogen peroxide-fueled torpedoes with LuT pattern following and a range of 8 km, but none went to sea before the end of hostilities.6 The Silent Hunter III game engine only reads one character in the applicable .cfg file when identifying torpedo types, so only 10 types of torpedoes (numbered 0 – 9) are allowed, BUT the T VII would be the 11th torpedo type. GWX does not replace any other torpedo types to enable the T VII.

Last edited by LGN1; 05-31-10 at 04:19 AM. Reason: Added GWX manual part
Old 06-01-10, 02:45 AM   #119
makman94
Hellas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plissken_04 View Post
The Type VII Torpedo must be or can be the Walter Steinbarsch Torpedo,made by Aces of the Deep.

For more Information take a look here:

http://www.mediafire.com/?y0yonqmtjek

Maik
Quote:
Originally Posted by LGN1 View Post
Hi makman94,

you are right about the nodes 17,19,21 (just change the marked 28 in your picture to 30). Like Plissken_04, I think the other one is the Walter Steinbarsch Torpedo. But it's not implemented in the game (you can get some information about it in the GWX manual. Only 10 torps are used in the game IIRC, see below). TIII is the improved electric torpedo (new fuse and better batteries).

I made the tables for my malfunction mod which simulates TDC failures. I wanted to offer the player a tool to compensate the failure. However, I never finished it because I decided not to release my malfunction mod. It took me quite some time to figure out why my numbers (obtained from the steam torps) were sometimes working and sometimes not.

Cheers, LGN1

From the GWX manual:

• Stock Silent Hunter III includes graphics and modeling information for the T VII Steinbarsch (―rock bass) torpedo, but the torpedo is not available in the game. Germany produced at the very end of the war 100 of these wakeless, 45-knot, hydrogen peroxide-fueled torpedoes with LuT pattern following and a range of 8 km, but none went to sea before the end of hostilities.6 The Silent Hunter III game engine only reads one character in the applicable .cfg file when identifying torpedo types, so only 10 types of torpedoes (numbered 0 – 9) are allowed, BUT the T VII would be the 11th torpedo type. GWX does not replace any other torpedo types to enable the T VII.
Plissken_04 and LGN1 thank you for the informations !

ok, i edited the torpedo.sim and made the type ii 30kts and type vii 44kts

LGN1 thank you for pointing this !

Old 06-01-10, 03:59 PM   #120
makman94
Hellas

Default MaGui v3.3

MaGui v3.3 is out !

first post updated

enjoy