Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 5
Forget password? Reset here

Old 10-26-09, 01:59 PM   #151
Webster
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

ok, it was a missunderstanding then.

i am sorry if i offended you but there are many who have driven me crazy with the very arguement that sh4 isnt as good as sh3 with gwx and then say they havent tried any sh4 mods yet because its not worth trying. i just want to blow a gasket when they compare something totally uncomparable like that.

in my opinion both sh3 and sh4 are equal for things fixed and not fixed so after each has its last patch 1.4 then they both have about the same amount of bugs, glitches, and inaccuracy in the games that mods are needed to address.

i left out v1.5 because it has to be bought seperately which i never liked but it was more of a tune up for the game engine than any legitimate fixes in it.

i dont want to compare gwx to tmo or rfb because any comment will have someones favorite feel slighted by not having top billing but i'll say this:

if you try sh4 with tmo or rfb mods then you will find they are very good mods on par with gwx. i would say each has its own elements to fit someones tastes better but all 3 are tied as equal quality, effort, and scope, in my mind

in the end its a personal choice thing, if you like ford better than chevy, do you like u-boats or fleet boats, are you a demacrat or republican, liberal or conservative.

for many people the deciding factor is less about the game and more about the theater your game operates in.

Quote:
Back to my main point 1) it should NEVER be up to the Mod community to fix UBI's or any other game publishers lack of QA and giving devs long enough to finish a project.
no arguement there, i totally agree with you. i think everyone does, including the devs.

Last edited by Webster; 10-26-09 at 02:12 PM.
Old 10-26-09, 03:31 PM   #152
Faamecanic
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 44
Uploads: 0

No worries I totally agree you shouldnt compare SH3 to SH4 (as far as game play) or even mod to mod really. They all have pluses and minuses.

The main reason why I havent tried TMO or RFB for SH4 is I didnt want to buy 1.5. But I may just to try these as an intermission into SH5.

I did like where they were headed with SH 4. The graphics (aside from the fog causing "invisible man" effexts) were very nice. Gameplay was pretty good. I will try and load up SH4 vanilla again with patch 1.4 to see if maybe I missed something as far as the repeating missions.. but Im pretty sure I even unloaded and reloaded SH4 and patched and had the same result.

Anywho... no offense taken mate. There are too few of us hardcore subsimmers out there to be offended by one another
Faamecanic is offline   Reply With Quote