Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Closed Thread

Old 06-15-17, 05:42 AM   #6751
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

The State Opening of Parliament and Queen's Speech will take place next Wednesday, Commons leader Andrea Leadsom has announced.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-40285953

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Old 06-15-17, 05:44 PM   #6752
STEED
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 89
Uploads: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
The State Opening of Parliament and Queen's Speech will take place next Wednesday, Commons leader Andrea Leadsom has announced.
Prince Philip will not as he is still laughing at the election results..

To borrow Davros saying...I NAME YOU CHIBNALL THE DESTROYER OF DR WHO YOU KILLED IT!
Old 06-16-17, 03:33 AM   #6753
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEED View Post
Prince Philip will not as he is still laughing at elections..
Fixed that for you

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Old 06-16-17, 04:28 AM   #6754
STEED
Lucky Jack

Quote:
Theresa May faces a backlash after failing to meet the survivors of the Grenfell Tower blaze when she visited the scene.
http://news.sky.com/story/pm-critici...ivors-10917058

Theresa May really mucked up on this one.

To borrow Davros saying...I NAME YOU CHIBNALL THE DESTROYER OF DR WHO YOU KILLED IT!
Old 06-16-17, 04:16 PM   #6755
STEED
Lucky Jack

Talk about trying to get the milk back in the bottle..

Quote:
Theresa May called a 'coward' after meeting Grenfell fire victims
http://news.sky.com/story/theresa-ma...ctims-10917870

Old 06-17-17, 09:11 AM   #6756
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

^ I find the following extract from the above link to be not only sad but a tad pathetic.

Quote:
Nadir, 24, who has friends in Grenfell Tower, said: "At least she (Theresa May) could've met the victims, (Jeremy) Corbyn was a good man... he came and met the people.

"He didn't come with a bunch of police... no one even saw her."

Old 06-18-17, 08:41 AM   #6757
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Tomorrow's the day!

"Ropes away...!!!
Old 06-18-17, 08:56 AM   #6758
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Juncker will be disappointed.

Old 06-18-17, 02:27 PM   #6759
STEED
Lucky Jack

I see the real boss is the EU so here is my two predictions..

Very very soft brexit

Very soft brexit.

Old 06-18-17, 02:38 PM   #6760
Moonlight
Admiral

Downloads: 184

Theresa May prefers a hard one so there's going to be a lot of falling out over it, I'll also say that some political careers will come to an end over Brexit and others will have their careers tarnished beyond repair, we are going to be experiencing some interesting times.
Old 06-18-17, 03:38 PM   #6761
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

^ i do not understand May, while i understand that she has to fulfill the will of the people (at least after she has been officially elected), she herself was against brexit, while BoJo was not, and she saw that obviously the Uk prefers a soft brexit, but to show strength she says she wants a hard one.
Alright, so lets start the mess

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Old 06-18-17, 05:31 PM   #6762
STEED
Lucky Jack

Quote:
Lib Dem leadership: Runners and riders
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-40285950

Old 06-18-17, 05:55 PM   #6763
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
^ i do not understand May, while i understand that she has to fulfill the will of the people (at least after she has been officially elected), she herself was against brexit, while BoJo was not, and she saw that obviously the Uk prefers a soft brexit, but to show strength she says she wants a hard one.
Alright, so lets start the mess
A "soft" Brext means that the Uk mor eor less have to fulfill all its cureewnt duties and has to pay memberhsip fees for years and years to come and has to not claim back sovweriengt yover its borders and has to let all foreigners from Eu coutnrties in as it is now. All duties - but no participation in decision making anymore, no sitting at the table, and nothing of what the Brexit decision was much about about in Britain: sovereignty, migration, and m arket access newly negotiated with unknown outcome. The Brits pride themselves with being an old democracy, and to ignore the votum the peope gave last year seems to be unacceptable for quite many. May was against Brexit, but she seems to obey the votum. For now. Going for a hard Brexit only is consistent if the votum is to be taken serious. Anything else is just an alibi.

It tells quite a lot aboput the EU that it does not accept easily a de mocratioc votum of a property , sorry, I mean a people of course. But it snot the first timen that the EU prefers to ignore dmeocratic votings and decisions and demands expressed by national majorities. People shall only have their say if they say what the EU wants them to say. Its like in just any one-party-dictatorship with an alibi parliament of self-prfiting claqueurs.

---

On a sidenote, France's Macron has had less than the half of the people going to the election, second round yesterday. 56% of people did not vote again. That puts his claimed "majority" into some relation, I think, its not as if a majority of French people are really behind him. Macron now gets hyped by Germans like once they went almost hysteric about Obama. But I think Germans do not see the situation in France realistically, but like what they would like to see. Macron puts France first, at the cost of Germany and German private savers, and he is up against very strong resistance by the unions etc. I predict in two year he will have lost most of his magic, and the German government will be by one desillusionment richer. I doubt that French people love Macron so much. They more expressed their total disgust with the established parties.

And in two years, the hot running German economy already could be in troubles anyway. The current economic boom is overheating, the signs are written on the wall already.

Last edited by Skybird; 06-18-17 at 06:06 PM.
Old 06-19-17, 01:30 PM   #6764
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
A "soft" Brext means that the Uk mor eor less have to fulfill all its cureewnt duties and has to pay memberhsip fees for years and years to come and has to not claim back sovweriengt yover its borders and has to let all foreigners from Eu coutnrties in as it is now. All duties - but no participation in decision making anymore, no sitting at the table, and nothing of what the Brexit decision was much about about in Britain: sovereignty, migration, and m arket access newly negotiated with unknown outcome. The Brits pride themselves with being an old democracy, and to ignore the votum the peope gave last year seems to be unacceptable for quite many. May was against Brexit, but she seems to obey the votum. For now. Going for a hard Brexit only is consistent if the votum is to be taken serious. Anything else is just an alibi.

It tells quite a lot aboput the EU that it does not accept easily a de mocratioc votum of a property , sorry, I mean a people of course. But it snot the first timen that the EU prefers to ignore dmeocratic votings and decisions and demands expressed by national majorities. People shall only have their say if they say what the EU wants them to say. Its like in just any one-party-dictatorship with an alibi parliament of self-prfiting claqueurs.

---

On a sidenote, France's Macron has had less than the half of the people going to the election, second round yesterday. 56% of people did not vote again. That puts his claimed "majority" into some relation, I think, its not as if a majority of French people are really behind him. Macron now gets hyped by Germans like once they went almost hysteric about Obama. But I think Germans do not see the situation in France realistically, but like what they would like to see. Macron puts France first, at the cost of Germany and German private savers, and he is up against very strong resistance by the unions etc. I predict in two year he will have lost most of his magic, and the German government will be by one desillusionment richer. I doubt that French people love Macron so much. They more expressed their total disgust with the established parties.

And in two years, the hot running German economy already could be in troubles anyway. The current economic boom is overheating, the signs are written on the wall already.
Very well put Sky

Old 06-19-17, 01:36 PM   #6765
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

^ @Catfish: Why delete? You are perfectly entitled to your opinion.

Closed Thread

Tags
british, politics