SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Closed Thread

Old 12-08-07, 11:06 AM   #121
lurker_hlb3
Admiral

Downloads: 187
Uploads: 12

New version of RSRDC are up

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...&postcount=428
Old 12-10-07, 08:19 PM   #122
panthercules
The Old Man

Downloads: 6
Uploads: 0

I noticed that when I installed the medals-fix mod from this thread:

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...=116312&page=3

with JSGME it said that the latest RFB for ROW version had already messed with these same files, presumably to try to fix the same problem with the stock game medals (but I don't know if that was dealt with post-patch 1.4 or just a carry-over of an earlier RFB version's attempted fix that might have been broken by the patch). I haven't been able to complete a patrol yet with 1.4/RFB etc., so I haven't encountered any medal situations yet - do you know if RFB's medals are broken (and so we'd maybe want to try this other fix) or if they're working post 1,4 (so we wouldn't need this other fix)?
Old 12-11-07, 11:21 AM   #123
swdw
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 75

Give that a try. No one had noticed the medal mods being broken until after many of the 1.4 updates were released.

"you wouldn't catch me on a ship that deliberately sinks itself"- comment to me from a surface sailor.

System:
AMD 6300 3.5 GHz | 32GB DDR3 | SATA 300 320GB HD, SATA III 1TB HD, SATA III 1.TB HD | ASUS Sonar DS sound card
NVIDIA 1660 Super OC | Windows 10
Old 12-11-07, 04:13 PM   #124
Bill Nichols
Master of Defense

Downloads: 125

No response in the other RFB thread, so I thought I'd repeat myself here:

"I don't want to re-open an old argument here, but I've noticed that with RFB for ROW installed my gun can fire every 6 seconds. I know Beery was hard-over on a much longer reload time. Although I'm not fond of Beery's lethargic firing rate, I also don't like the rapid-fire capability my subs currently have.

"Previously, there were options for 12-second and longer reloads. Any way to get these back?"

Old 12-11-07, 08:14 PM   #125
panthercules
The Old Man

Downloads: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Nichols

"I don't want to re-open an old argument here, but I've noticed that with RFB for ROW installed my gun can fire every 6 seconds. I know Beery was hard-over on a much longer reload time. Although I'm not fond of Beery's lethargic firing rate, I also don't like the rapid-fire capability my subs currently have.

"Previously, there were options for 12-second and longer reloads. Any way to get these back?"

LOL - when I first saw that SWDW had messed with the ROF settings, I thought that he had decided he had bitten off more than he could chew with updating RFB and it was some clever ploy of his to provoke Beery's rage and get Beery to come back and take this off his hands :rotfl:

ROF has always been the third rail of RFB modding, so I'm really amazed it was touched. I'm not gonna go near this ROF issue with a 10-foot pole, but it's easy enough to manually tweak the reload speed back to whatever you want using the minitweaker or S3D programs, so feel free to set it wherever you want.
Old 12-11-07, 11:44 PM   #126
swdw
Grey Wolf

Quote:

Interesting because the reload times I was getting were 18 to 30 seconds with the changes I made. the 3inch gun had the shorter load times from 18-22 depending on the crew and the 5 inch gun was closer to 30.

In fact, I just checked it after reading your post and the 4 inch gun took 24 seconds to reload in the lifeguard patrol with realistic reload turned off (just in case). I've also verified the download contains the same gun files I'm using

The guns are a common library file, so reload times should change with the gun, not the boat.

Are you installing another mod AFTER you activate RFB for ROW? Depending on the mod, this may be your problem. Otherwise we have a real puzzler here.

Also there are a couple of crew mods that will give you crewmembers with extraordinary skills which can affect reload time somewhat.

Here's the mods used on the install set up I use for playing SH4
01-Captain Midnights MORE CBS NEWS! MOD v1,2
02-CBS_1941_Music
03-ROW Camera vs_1a
04-ROW Sub Reflections and Roll Pitch Mod
05-ROW Textures with Sun Halo camera flair vs_4
06-ROW Sound Effects vs_8
07-RFB_1.4_for_ROW_RC1
09-RSRDC_P1_RFB_v115
10-KPO San Francisco (NBC)
11-RadioStationManager

For anyone getting reload times as short as Bill Nichols (and Bill), please post your activated mods and Windows version
cause something isn't adding up.

Just use the "export activated mods list" feature of JSGME and copy and paste the results here.

"you wouldn't catch me on a ship that deliberately sinks itself"- comment to me from a surface sailor.

System:
AMD 6300 3.5 GHz | 32GB DDR3 | SATA 300 320GB HD, SATA III 1TB HD, SATA III 1.TB HD | ASUS Sonar DS sound card

Last edited by swdw; 12-12-07 at 12:02 AM.
Old 12-12-07, 07:14 AM   #127
Bill Nichols
Master of Defense

Downloads: 125

My tests were using the sub school artillery lesson and two 'crack' gunners (green bar at 100% on the gun). The mod I'm using is RFB 1.4 for ROW RC1. I checked the .sim files in the RFB_1.4_for_ROW_RC1 and the reload times listed are 5, 6, and 7 seconds for the 3-in, 4-in and 5-in deck guns, respectively.

Here is my list of activated mods:

ROW Realistic Camera vs_1c
ROW Objects Reflections vs_2
Natural Sinking Mechanics 3.3 Classic
ROW Classic Zones Special Effects vs_3
ROW Sub Reflections and Roll Pitch Mod
ROW Textures without Sun Halo camera flair vs_4
ROW NEW Clouds from Kriller2
ROW NEW SeaFoam from Jaketoox
RFB_1.4_for_ROW_RC1
RSRDC_P1_RFB_v113
SI INTERIOR Kit
SI OPTICS Kit
SI PERISCOPE&TBT Interface Kit
SI Recognition Manual Kit
BALAO HI-RES Weathered
FooBor's hi-res Gato - Weathered
FooBor's PORPOISE BLACK HI-RES V1.0
FooBor's TAMBOR BLACK WTH HI-RES V1.0
FooFighters SARGO BLACK WTH HI-RES V2
SALMON HI-RES BLACK V1.0
S-CLASS BLACK HI-RES V1.0
Realistic-sized Moon
Map Labels 1.3
NSM3.3_hardcore_torpedo_mod
SILENT SERVICE 1.2c GRAPHICS MOD
SI HUD Kit
Prolonged DC Attack 1.1
ROW Sound Effects vs_8
'Destroyer in Attack Run' Sound Man Voice Fix v1.01a
Depth Charge Drop Splash Warning v1.01a
RFB-HUD mod workaround
warships_retextured_v1_3
sobers better sand
360 degree bearing plotter imperial 1.4
Old 12-12-07, 09:01 AM   #128
swdw
Grey Wolf

Quote:
My tests were using the sub school artillery lesson and two 'crack' gunners (green bar at 100% on the gun). The mod I'm using is RFB 1.4 for ROW RC1. I checked the .sim files in the RFB_1.4_for_ROW_RC1 and the reload times listed are 5, 6, and 7 seconds for the 3-in, 4-in and 5-in deck guns, respectively.
Ok, in the thread on gun testing before U adjusted this, I noted that the game was multiplying the numbers by a factor of 4, so I was getting an average of 20, 24 and 28 seconds with each one of the values listed. With the value of 23 that had been used earlier, it was giving me a reload time of 90+ seconds in different missions.

That's why you see the numbers you do in the sim files. I'll take a look at the other mods you have listed to make sure there isn't something affecting these. The tests I ran were in the sub school artillery mission you got your numbers with.

Having different reload times on different systems is hopefully a conflicting mod issue. Will get back to you on this.

BTW Bill, you also should uograde to RSRD 115 as there are a couple of issues fixed in it. Also, the SI Interior kit and TBT and periscope interface are now part of RFB

System:
Old 12-14-07, 01:32 PM   #129
brandtryan
Engineer

Downloads: 122
Green Bearing Line Gone

I've looked around trying to find out why my green bearing line on the attack map is missing--and I've found the culprit--before I load RFB for ROW I have the green line, and after I load it, I lose the green line. Does anyone know of a fix for this? I apologize if this is known already--my search came up with nothing.
Old 12-14-07, 01:35 PM   #130
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 90

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandtryan
I've looked around trying to find out why my green bearing line on the attack map is missing--and I've found the culprit--before I load RFB for ROW I have the green line, and after I load it, I lose the green line. Does anyone know of a fix for this? I apologize if this is known already--my search came up with nothing.
I suspect RFB is removing this line. RFB works towards a realism mod. This green line is removed as you would not have this green line in RL.
Old 12-14-07, 01:55 PM   #131
brandtryan
Engineer

Downloads: 122

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVGWarhawk
Quote:
I suspect RFB is removing this line. RFB works towards a realism mod. This green line is removed as you would not have this green line in RL.
DOH! I never considered it was a "feature" lol. Thanks!
Old 12-15-07, 03:17 PM   #132
swdw
Grey Wolf

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by AVGWarhawk
Quote:
DOH! I never considered it was a "feature" lol. Thanks!
LOL, yeah, some of the features for reality trip people up

If you want the bearing on the map you need to use the plotting tools and draw the line yourself,
OR
do what they did in real life, get the bearing report from the sonar or personally operate the sonar to get it.

System:
Old 12-25-07, 11:32 PM   #133
cdrsubron7
Sink'em All

Downloads: 305
Uploads: 1

Ok, I've got the latest versions of the RFB/RSRD/ROW installed using the JSGME and in two new careers I've started in the Asiatic Fleet when I get to the point usually after three patrols when I'm offered a new command I'm automatically sailing from Pearl in my new command but my patrol objectives are still in the Makasser Straits. I guess I've got something the JSGME installed in the wrong order, but what.

Head Deep and Keep'em Astern" - LtCDR Samuel D Dealy
SHIV Guide | Imperial Japanese Navy | US Submarines

Old 12-26-07, 12:46 AM   #134
LukeFF
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 41
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdrsubron7
Ok, I've got the latest versions of the RFB/RSRD/ROW installed using the JSGME and in two new careers I've started in the Asiatic Fleet when I get to the point usually after three patrols when I'm offered a new command I'm automatically sailing from Pearl in my new command but my patrol objectives are still in the Makasser Straits. I guess I've got something the JSGME installed in the wrong order, but what.
It has nothing to do with any mod. Your patrol objectives will not change until after your first patrol with your new boat.
Old 12-26-07, 10:06 PM   #135
cdrsubron7
Sink'em All

Downloads: 305
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeFF
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdrsubron7
It has nothing to do with any mod. Your patrol objectives will not change until after your first patrol with your new boat.

I just find it funny that I get transferred to Pearl and am not given any notification about the transfer.

Head Deep and Keep'em Astern" - LtCDR Samuel D Dealy
SHIV Guide | Imperial Japanese Navy | US Submarines

Closed Thread