SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Sub/Naval + Other Games > Indie Subsims
Forget password? Reset here

Old 07-12-07, 11:15 AM   #1
Mechman
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Also, release more of the backstory via the site. maybe get a decent writer to put together some of the historical highlights in fiction form.
Old 07-13-07, 08:31 AM   #2
EAST
Sparky

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlobalExplorer
Hasnt happened that much since I was here last time. Everyone who criticizes this game gets attacked by a mob.
"Criticism is the activity of judgement or informed interpretation." - wikipedia

Someone saying something is ****e isn't criticism, usually its just trolling or bashing - like an fanboy only backwards.

The early 20th century American social critic and humorist H. L. Mencken, known for his "definitions" of terms, defined a demagogue as "one who preaches doctrines he knows to be untrue to men he knows to be idiots."

"..attacked by a mob" - demagogy

I see no mob, pretty much only me responding to trolls.

Last edited by EAST; 07-13-07 at 06:04 PM.
EAST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-07, 05:13 PM   #3
donut
The Old Man

Downloads: 10
Origional version

Pay actual shipping To my paypal Acct.,& you can have It,like new. .donut@whc.net
One mans junk is anothers treasure
donut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-07, 04:16 PM   #4
EAST
Sparky

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by donut
Pay actual shipping To my paypal Acct.,& you can have It,like new. .donut@whc.net
One mans junk is anothers treasure
donut, why keep hammering on us because we didn't make a game you liked? Very little difference between something a dedicated troll would post and your post...you're in danger of impersonating a brown donut.
Old 07-02-07, 11:20 PM   #5
Reaves
The Old Man

Downloads: 4

I thought Enigma was a great game. Can't remember if that was the first subsim I played that had the command room. Either way I was looking forward to the multiplayer of that a lot back in the day. Would have been my type of MMO.
Old 07-04-07, 12:17 AM   #6
Mechman
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Enigma wasn't a sim, but it didn't need to be. Just like Counter strike is about action at the cost of realism, Enigma was about action rather than sim. If they'd ahd the money, they could have rivaled silent hunter, but they didn't so they did the best they could. The game was great at what it tried to do, and greater things were supposed to come, but sometimes life craps on your dreams. I would've loved to see the second enigma, of the multiplayer component, or the great lakes game, but they ran out of steam before they got to them. You can't blame them for not being able to make a million dollar game on a shoestring budget.

I personally have no doubt that if they'd had the money and the backing, right now we'd all be splitting our time between silent hunter 4 and Enigma 2: more rising tides.

Just think, the cold war, but with the germans winning world war 1 and a 3 way split at the end of world war 2........mmmmmmmm....alternate history.
Old 07-04-07, 01:13 AM   #7
Reaves
The Old Man

Downloads: 4

The alternate history was actually pretty good. The story was well written and believable imo.

Old 07-15-07, 05:14 AM   #8
kiwi_2005
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 223
Uploads: 1

I loved the wave effects *rolling ocean* in Enigma Rising Tide, I think the devs of SH3 & 4 could learn from it.

Those who can't laugh at themselves leave the job to others.

kiwi_2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-07, 08:41 AM   #9
Sonarman
The Old Man

Downloads: 79

Land, ports, LAN play and some form of dynamic campaign are the most important elements I think shoud be added to Enigma. I've always enjoyed ERT although I think it works much better as a surface game than as a sub game, there is a lot more to do and think about when coordinating surface vessels.

It would be great if EAST and could pattern the new Enigma after the old classic Microprose sim "Task Force 1942" adding anti air and anti sub ops to the mix of that game model would offer an incredible gaming experience.
Sonarman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-17, 10:39 AM   #10
ChristopherTarana
中国水兵

Downloads: 190
Default Enigma Rising Tide Gold Edition

I just downloaded a copy of the ERT ISO from subsim.com and installled it
yesterday. I'm running Windows 7. I had Danger From The Deep on the laptop but took it off and uninstalled it. ERT totally blows DFTD out of the water!!!
I have Action Stations! Gato, Silent Service 1 and 2, Up Periscope and Wolfpack running on Defend Reloaded. I also have SH1 and CAOD running, both from AW sites. CAOD actually runs under Windows 7 fine. I look for simulations that are generally considered accurate and have scenario editors like SH2 or Wolpack I did buy a copy of Janes i688 Attack Sub too at a used book store! Although ERT has some elements of War Fiction built in, I find it is actually more complete than Danger from the deep. The sounds are better, the gameplay is better and graphics are better too. I
tried a copy of Silent Hunter 2 from a AW site but ended up deleting that too. I put a copy of ERT on a thumb drive for my son to play.

Christopher Tarana
ChristopherTarana is offline   Reply With Quote