SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 09-18-10, 04:16 PM   #1
eagleFMJ
Swabbie

Downloads: 51
Uploads: 0
Hi,

I do not understand how to do this;

"with german voice pack installed !
(german voice pack is selectable by SH5 custom install, works with english text)"

I have the steam version of SH5, so is the above saying something about the when you are installing the retail game?
eagleFMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-10, 05:57 PM   #2
Stormfly
Serial Port Protector

Downloads: 366

Quote:
Originally Posted by eagleFMJ View Post
Hi,

I do not understand how to do this;

"with german voice pack installed !
(german voice pack is selectable by SH5 custom install, works with english text)"

I have the steam version of SH5, so is the above saying something about the when you are installing the retail game?

yes, it is...

in your case, you could check if your steam version also installed following folder:

"...\data\LngGameData\Voices\German\Data\Sound\Spe ech"

below this "inactive speech path" you should find all the crew sub folders containing german voice files.

if so, rename your original active speech folder locaded below "...\data\Sound\" to maybe "Speech.org" or "Speech.en" to deaktivate it, but still useable as a backup folder.

...after that, simply copy entire folder inluding sub dir
´s and all files below them ("...\data\LngGameData\Voices\German\Data\Sound\Sp eech")

below

"...\data\Sound\"

to replace the exact folder structure of your renamed original speech folder.

...or create a JSGME ready german voices mod of it

or download Venatores -> http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...9&postcount=23

Last edited by Stormfly; 09-18-10 at 06:10 PM.
Stormfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-11, 05:46 PM   #3
Sepp von Ch.
Sea Lord

Downloads: 788

Danke schön Herr Kaleu!
Sepp von Ch. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-11, 09:11 AM   #4
Sepp von Ch.
Sea Lord

I can help with translation, if you want (it's just a few words).

Last edited by Sepp von Ch.; 02-06-11 at 09:22 AM.
Old 09-18-10, 05:22 PM   #5
DavyJonesFootlocker
The Old Man

Downloads: 138

Thanks!
A proud member of the Wikipedia Haters Club
DavyJonesFootlocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-11, 04:52 PM   #6
Sepp von Ch.
Sea Lord

Default Torpedo eins klar machen zum Unterwasserschuss!

2 STORMFLY: I like your nice mod and I have an idea.

It would be possible to add a sound from the movie Das Boot "Torpedo eins klar machen zum Unterwasserschuss!", when I click on a torpedo 1 on the panel in UI in the game and sets its depth, speed, etc. before launching??

By torpedo 2 sound - "Torpedo zwei klar machen zum Unterwasserschuss!" with answer: "Rohr zwei bewässern!"
By torpedo 3 sound - "Torpedo drei klar machen zum Unterwasserschuss!" with answer: "Rohr drei bewässern!"
By torpedo 4 sound - "Torpedo vier klar machen zum Unterwasserschuss!" with answer: "Rohr vier bewässern!"
By torpedo 5 sound - "Torpedo fünf klar machen zum Unterwasserschuss!" with answer: "Rohr fünf bewässern!"

By setting of all torpedoes - "Torpedo eins bis vier klar machen zum Unterwasserschuss!" with answer: "Rohr eins bis vier bewässern!"

Because on the bridge is not many commands in the weather hear it does not matter, that the sound reflects the preparation for launching torpedoes underwater ... or in 1:57 is the sound for the surfaced attack (Überwasserschuss):

I think it added to the atmosphere!

And when I click on the red button ("fire") - check time 2:00 :
Old 01-27-11, 05:22 PM   #7
Stormfly
Serial Port Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josef von Posorschitz View Post
2 STORMFLY: I like your nice mod and I have an idea.

It would be possible to add a sound from the movie Das Boot "Torpedo eins klar machen zum Unterwasserschuss!", when I click on a torpedo 1 on the panel in UI in the game and sets its depth, speed, etc. before launching??

By torpedo 2 sound - "Torpedo zwei klar machen zum Unterwasserschuss!" with answer: "Rohr zwei bewässern!"
By torpedo 3 sound - "Torpedo drei klar machen zum Unterwasserschuss!" with answer: "Rohr drei bewässern!"
By torpedo 4 sound - "Torpedo vier klar machen zum Unterwasserschuss!" with answer: "Rohr vier bewässern!"
By torpedo 5 sound - "Torpedo fünf klar machen zum Unterwasserschuss!" with answer: "Rohr fünf bewässern!"

By setting of all torpedoes - "Torpedo eins bis vier klar machen zum Unterwasserschuss!" with answer: "Rohr eins bis vier bewässern!"

Because on the bridge is not many commands in the weather hear it does not matter, that the sound reflects the preparation for launching torpedoes underwater ... or in 1:57 is the sound for the surfaced attack (Überwasserschuss):

I think it added to the atmosphere!

And when I click on the red button ("fire") - check time 2:00 :
ohh i allready tryed that, but it seams there is to much musik in the background for having a good and fitting result, say what is happening if you switch from single to multi shot (normaly there should come a sample to prepare all torpedos) after that you can go back to single shot.

In my eyes, the torp select buttons shouldnt have to much sounds, because you switch very often and it get nerving over time. (I also removed the vanilla "tube x get closed" sample for this reason).

i dont know if you have read the readme or studyed the F1 or shift+F1 helpscreen, but by pressing Shift+C, you get a long special cut of U-96 surface attack sample, fitting for SH5, if you do it right... much immersive

Old 01-29-11, 01:59 PM   #8
Sepp von Ch.
Sea Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormfly View Post
ohh i allready tryed that, but it seams there is to much musik in the background for having a good and fitting result, say what is happening if you switch from single to multi shot (normaly there should come a sample to prepare all torpedos) after that you can go back to single shot.

In my eyes, the torp select buttons shouldnt have to much sounds, because you switch very often and it get nerving over time. (I also removed the vanilla "tube x get closed" sample for this reason).
Totally respect that Stormfly. So it is probably just my opinion, but I really like when I press the torp select buttons (It means preparing to fire) and suddenly you hear a lot of sounds.

It gives a wonderful sense of nervousness and helps a great atmosphere on a submarine. Do not shoot every day and every time a good think about what and how the shooting.
Old 01-29-11, 05:42 PM   #9
Stormfly
Serial Port Protector

Quote:
Totally respect that Stormfly. So it is probably just my opinion, but I really like when I press the torp select buttons (It means preparing to fire) and suddenly you hear a lot of sounds.

It gives a wonderful sense of nervousness and helps a great atmosphere on a submarine. Do not shoot every day and every time a good think about what and how the shooting.

will see if i can do something optional in the next version

Old 02-05-11, 08:39 AM   #10
Sepp von Ch.
Sea Lord

Quote:
Each mode is activated in the bunker. I leave again on another "Feindfahrt" so I want to ask whether are any news with optional sounds?
Old 02-05-11, 08:54 AM   #11
stoianm
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 833
Uploads: 11

Quote:
After i discovered your mod, since then i am not able to play sh5 if i do not have this mod of yours enabled.

Thanks you for your work!
stoianm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-11, 07:23 PM   #12
Sepp von Ch.
Sea Lord

Thank you very much Stormfly for your mod.

I have a few questions:

1) how about cheering crew? Now, clapping and cheers only when the ship is sunk by one torpedo immediately? I liked when the crew cheered every time I hit the ship ...

2) I tested your mod 4 hours and I miss too much sample "Na Kriechenbaum, wie ist Ihr Gefühl", when I see the convoy ... One of the best sounds with real flair!

3) What it means "overhauled: TDC_Pistol_I sample" please? I miss the sound "Aufschlagzünder" or "Magnetzünder" when determining the pistol.
When shooting in speed (which is almost always), it is important for me to have a fuse that IWO repeat my orders and I hear what pistol I used ...

4) We're talking about a new sound - starting of diesels. I'm standing in the engine room, trying different speeds, but I hear nothing new. What is the new sound, please? It is probably only for users of TDW´s UI (I use reaper7´s UI - I used this UI with vers. 1.2 and absolutely no problems).

5) New version still contains the usual sounds of the crew, such as runny nose and coughing, etc., what was the version 1.2?

Thank you very much Stormfly for support!

Last edited by Sepp von Ch.; 02-06-11 at 08:37 PM.
Old 02-06-11, 10:13 PM   #13
Stormfly
Serial Port Protector

Quote:
Thank you very much Stormfly for your mod.

I have a few questions:

1) how about cheering crew? Now, clapping and cheers only when the ship is sunk by one torpedo immediately? I liked when the crew cheered every time I hit the ship ...

2) I tested your mod 4 hours and I miss too much sample "Na Kriechenbaum, wie ist Ihr Gefühl", when I see the convoy ... One of the best sounds with real flair!

3) What it means "overhauled: TDC_Pistol_I sample" please? I miss the sound "Aufschlagzünder" or "Magnetzünder" when determining the pistol.
When shooting in speed (which is almost always), it is important for me to have a fuse that IWO repeat my orders and I hear what pistol I used ...

4) We're talking about a new sound - starting of diesels. I'm standing in the engine room, trying different speeds, but I hear nothing new. What is the new sound, please? It is probably only for users of TDW´s UI (I use reaper7´s UI - I used this UI with vers. 1.2 and absolutely no problems).

5) New version still contains the usual sounds of the crew, such as runny nose and coughing, etc., what was the version 1.2?

Thank you very much Stormfly for support!
1.) there where to much complains, crew cheering with every torp hit get boring over time.

2.) did you installed "always crying WO in normal mode"? ...you could also try switching silent running on/off, sample should be there.

3.) after launching a torpedo, the *******ing switch immediateley switch to its default position destroying the torp launch moment by puping which injetion type will be the next.

4.) in Your case, you have to switch it manualy, after surfacing standing in central compartment, close to the right engine telegraph using the "R" key.

5.) iam sorry, cant understand your question.

Old 02-06-11, 10:54 PM   #14
Stormfly
Serial Port Protector

1.) try it again without silent running, crew cheers are disabled in silent running.

5.) i got it, if your sound setting are high enough, and listen in torpedo or electric engines room, there are new crew activities to hear from time to time, also if you stay long enough very close to the radio station, there is something new.

The flashing warning icon will trigger additional new crew noises (Rongels Battlestations sound mod), but the new samples i exchanged with it are to loud as i mentioed already, so ithink these need to be fixed.

Last edited by Stormfly; 02-07-11 at 02:34 AM.
Old 02-07-11, 04:18 AM   #15
Rongel
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 174

Hooray! Congratulations, a great sound mod! It's nice to be part of it.

Quote:
The flashing warning icon will trigger additional new crew noises (Rongels Battlestations sound mod), but the new samples i exchanged with it are to loud as i mentioed already, so ithink these need to be fixed.
These warnign_started and warning_expired sounds are a bit tricky, I love that I get some feedback when something is happening, but they are repeated too heavily sometimes. Especially when traveling through shallow waters.

I have have to admit that I use my own "lite" version of this mod that icludes only the sounds and no scripts or key configs because I build some time ago working configurations and don't want to change everything again. Still, it works great and I can suggest it to people who don't want so many changes to their configurations. Great work Stormfly!
Rongel is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
favorite