SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-10-12, 11:11 AM   #91
Foxhound
Sailor man

Downloads: 12
Uploads: 0
Default manipulating gun paramaters

i was using S3D to manipulate some of the gun parameters for USS Montana and i noticed something strange. first of all i didn't know any such thing as S3D existed up untill 5 minutes ago when i downloaded it. whoever has made it has done one hell of job. secondly i opened a gunname.sim file (for the 16incn main armament) with S3D and i changed reload time from 10 sec to 1 sec. i also manipulated a "guns_radars_10.sim" in the Data\Library\ShipParts directory accordingly .then i played the game with the mod enabled and i noticed something strange. the reload time hadn't changed for the gun when i was firing the turret manually (you know pressing F6, aiming and hitting the space bar i had to wait 10 sec to relaod). but when i set a nearby vessel (poor vessel) on the binocular as the deg gun target, those monster turrets turned toward the poor vessel and stated pounding with big shells in 1 sec intervals. now what's the problem? how could i finally change reload_time for the main gun in the manual mode? should i be modifying any other files? or any other parts of the already mentioned files? i am stuck with SH4 V1.0.0.0 but this great USS Montana works just fine for me. thanks anybody for any answer.
Foxhound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-12, 12:06 PM   #92
Foxhound
Sailor man

Default problem with sustained firing against a target

i have a problem with sustained firing. i am sailing on a parallel course with a convoy, say some 2500 to 3000 m away. it is night, the weather is clear and the see is calm, a large merchant is silhouetted against the moonlight. now i want to shoot it. my problem is that i go to the binocular and assign the merchant as the deck gun target. the secondary battery fires a partial salvo and then stops shooting. the lazy big turrets just start to turn to port toward the merchant but when just 30 degs into the turning, they kind of change their mind and return to center line position and remain there. and there is nothing. i then have to repeat the process, to go to the binocular and set the merchant as the deck gun target and this thing starts with no good result. i noticed when the range to the target is smaller the situation is partially better. what's wrong? why can't a legendary battleship shoot a merchant from 3000 m? is it about the sensor file? gun_radar.sim? what file then? how could i fix this?
Old 01-10-12, 12:54 PM   #93
Foxhound
Sailor man

Default the problem with Yamato?

originally posted by Kondor999:
Thanks so much for this. Even though I will always love the Yamato most (mainly for its almost alien and decidedly non-western "look"), even I have to admit that this is the greatest BB ever made in terms of pure fighting ability.

Totally OT here, but does it break anyone else's heart that the IJN just wasted the Yamato like that over Okinawa? I mean - the biggest BB of all time, gorgeous to look at and totally unlike anything before or since - and they just throw it away. What a magnificent war memorial it would have made.

Anyway, I'd have given anything to see it for real. Just once.
==========================

you know, this wasn't just about IJN Yamato. the entire IJN was wasted. when you look at the history of naval battles in WWII south pacific, apart from the attack on pearl (which was unfair game and they caught the US off guard ) the entire Japanese navy was on a crazy suicide mission against the US navy. take the battle of midway for example. the IJN was
happily sailing with its entire carrier force without proper recon. US navy defense was no match in terms of numbers against the Japanese fleet and yet they (I guess it was Nimitz, correct me) were so efficient and the IJN was so dull the US aircrafts SANK 5 of their carriers. Richard Overy in "Why the Allies Won (1995)" has correctly said that this engagement changed the whole scenario in the pacific. had the Japanese taken the Midway their next step would have been to land on the US soil (questionably). fortunately they screwed it. take the case of that great man, admiral Yamamato. the japanese were so happy minding their own business the US (under FRD) planned and successfully executed a plan(Operation Vengeance) sending P38s on a very long range mission to shoot his aircraft down. he was simply assassinated. you know there are just too many other similar cases. some of them are laughable. numerous IJN battleships were sunk and the japanese didn't know what had hit them. in one particular case a US navy battleship (Washington) slipped through darkness into firing range (5000m) on a japanese harbor and shelled Japanese battleship Kirishima to the bottom. you know because it was dark they didn't see the Washington. recent record shows the ship was not scuttled even, it was really SUNK in that gun battle. either they were very dull or the US was very clever. the whole japanese navy was destroyed with no or very little against the US navy.
Old 01-10-12, 10:23 PM   #94
USS Drum
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 126

You know you can put all of those into one posts, right?
USS Drum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-12, 12:17 AM   #95
Foxhound
Sailor man

Default default?

you mean this was an answer to all of them in one post?
Old 01-15-12, 11:34 AM   #96
Foxhound
Sailor man

Default any answer to "manipulating gun paramaters"

i am so sorry, i guess my post was sort of lost in history, anybody has any answer to " manipulating gun parameters"? i would be happy. i didn't want to torpedo this thread, anyways. thanks anybody
Old 04-18-12, 07:03 PM   #97
DaDeathProject
Swabbie

Downloads: 6

Bump. Links not working for me :p
DaDeathProject is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-12, 10:40 AM   #98
peabody
Admiral

Downloads: 126
Uploads: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by SYB View Post
wtf? The link didn't work! Can anyone upload again?
Welcome to SubSim, good way to start your first post...wtf? Did you happen to notice the date on the first post, it was 4 years ago. That ship does not exist anymore. Other people have an Iowa BB that they may upload for you.

Peabody

System Spec: Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3, PentiumD Dual Core Presler 945 3.4Ghz, Gigabyte Geforce 7600GS, 2-1GB Corsair XMS2 800Mhz in Dual Channel, 2-WD 250 SATA 3Gb/s, Onboard Realtek HD 7.1 Audio, DVD ROM, DVD burner, Hiper 580 Watt Power supply, WinXP SP2.

peabody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-12, 11:01 AM   #99
Karle94
The Old Man

Downloads: 253

I made a mod based on this one. Did some polishing on the 3D model, and corrected a few things that Ubisoft Romania got a little wrong. Oh and I would like to thank Peabody for letting me use his mod. Here is the link if anyone is interested: http://www.gamefront.com/files/21146..._Iowa_V1_0_rar

Find my mods here:
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/lzgciodldp58p/SH4_Mods
My SH4 blog here:
http://karle94.blogspot.com/
Karle94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-12, 10:22 AM   #100
widowmaker7
Watch

Downloads: 28
Default Add a flag?

Karle94, Is there any way I can add a flag to your Iowa mod?

Thanks
widowmaker7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-12, 10:54 PM   #101
oliverman2255
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 1
Default uss iowa

hi im oliverman2255 i have always loved the uss iowa it was one of the greatest ships ever built. i was extremly glade to here that it got saved from the scrapers tourch
oliverman2255 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-14, 04:01 PM   #102
BluePhoenixV
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 10
Iowa doesn't work

A while ago (probably in august) i had this mod installed and it worked fine, but now when i install it, i go in any of the missions and it floats underwater just below the surface, then the whole ship sinks underwater about 10 feet more and my game crashes. this is with any version of the Iowa and im getting very annoyed about this

http://gyazo.com/524827776856a3f7bd04848c5c9a3ea8
BluePhoenixV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-15, 12:29 AM   #103
bloddyboy123
Captain Indiana

Downloads: 54

Anyone got the links to this? does it work in 1.5?
bloddyboy123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-15, 12:41 AM   #104
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default Welcome aboard !

Quote:
Originally Posted by oliverman2255 View Post
hi im oliverman2255 i have always loved the uss iowa it was one of the greatest ships ever built. i was extremly glade to here that it got saved from the scrapers tourch

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"

Last edited by Aktungbby; 12-27-15 at 10:52 AM.
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-18, 04:24 AM   #105
Fearless
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 340
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strece View Post
Hi, I hope its notbad to post a reply in this old thread. But I have a question about modifying the USS Iowa. The ship worsk great, but when I am on a journey and attack enemys, all the weapons on the side shot. But after some time there stop the fire. I think the ammunation is empty. My question is, is it possible to max the ammunation of the smaller side guns or is this an other problem? thx for any answers PS: I hope my english is not to bad.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marka Ragnos View Post
very possible

First you need to download S3D silent 3ditor and open the sim files located in the USSubParts folder.

There you will can edit the various guns and cannons.

Hope this helps

Oh and if you succeed de-activate and reactivate the mod in order to make it works
Just to open an old thread, None of the twin 5” cannons work after a while. Not only that, eventually the 16” (except the human controlled one) stop working as well. I’ve Peabody/jmardlin model. No ShipParts folder is included in the Library folder.
Tried increasing the Ammo but no joy.

System Specs: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 8 Core 16 Thread CPU, 3.8GHz Base Clock, 4.7GHz Boost, 105W TDP, 32MB L3 cache | MSI GeForce RTX3060Ti 8Gb Graphics | Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32Gb (2x16Gb) 3200 MHz CL16 DDR4 Ram | Samsung 970 Evo Plus NVMe SSD 1TB | Seagate Barracuda 2.5in 2TB HDD | AOC QHD 165 Hz FreeSync HDR curved 31.5in Monitor | ASUS ROG Strix LC 240 ARGB AIO Liquid CPU Cooler White Edition | ASUS ROG Strix Gold 750W Modular Power Supply | Corsair iCUE 5000X RGB Tempered Glass Mid Tower Case White.
Fearless is offline   Reply With Quote