SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific > SH4 U-Boat Missions Add On
Forget password? Reset here

Old 02-11-10, 05:04 PM   #1
DirtyACE
Engineer

Downloads: 28
Uploads: 0
Default Default Situation: should I disobey BdU orders?

I'm currently on my first patrol in the Atlantic, about 200km north-west of Ireland. There's a convoy going to England, of which I sent a contact report to the BdU. They in return gave me an objective of targeting tankers within it. There are a few tankers, however, they're flying flags of nations (Greece and Panama) who are not yet in war with Germany. Should I go ahead and sink them anyway or disobey my superiors' orders?

One other question. I also noticed that the some of the Greek merchant ships have guns on them and they do try to shoot at me, even though they're supposed to neutral at this time. Can I sink these ships as well in that case, since they are being hostile to me?
Last edited by DirtyACE; 02-11-2010 at 01:37 PM.
DirtyACE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-10, 07:26 PM   #2
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 745
Uploads: 249

Op Monsun? I don't think Lurker has the neutrals showing up as such, though I could be wrong. I think you get full credit for sinking them, even neutrals.

If they are neutral they shouldn't shoot at you unless you shoot them first. If my above summation is correct, avoid them at all costs.
Old 02-11-10, 08:52 PM   #3
DirtyACE
Engineer

Downloads: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailor Steve View Post
Op Monsun? I don't think Lurker has the neutrals showing up as such, though I could be wrong. I think you get full credit for sinking them, even neutrals.

If they are neutral they shouldn't shoot at you unless you shoot them first. If my above summation is correct, avoid them at all costs.
Yes I'm playing Op Monsoon.

So you're saying that all ships are fair game? There's no penalty or anything for sinking neutrals?

Yeah it's weird that they shoot at me because I was doing my best not to shoot at them. I only targeted ships flying the British flag.
DirtyACE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-10, 02:54 PM   #4
Galanti
Captain

Downloads: 99

There's a bug in SH4 which means nuetrals aren't really so neutral....so to avoid general awkwardness, I believe all ships are designated as enemy or allied, regardless of whichever flag they fly. In other words, there are no penalties for sinking ships that you think may be nuetral.

I would roleplay it. I leave singletons alone if they are flying the flag of a neutral country during the timeframe I'm in; however, if they are in convoy they are fair game, which I believe was BdU policy.
Galanti is offline   Reply With Quote