SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop > SH4 Mission Designers' Forum
Forget password? Reset here

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-19-09, 04:46 PM   #20
peabody
Admiral

Downloads: 126
Uploads: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by WEBSTER View Post
so whats involved in swapping out all the ships to make these missions stock ready? do i just replace the ship name and ship class?
The "Classname" taken from the roster file is the main one and make sure the replacement is the same "Type" which is from the roster file "Unittype=". The 'Name" also comes from the roster file from "DisplayName=". This 'Name' can be changed in the Mission Editor, so I am not sure if a duplicate "name" will cause a conflict, I have seen ships with the same name before and it worked ok. So I think if it was me, I would change:

Edit:
Before changing anything, check the "[Group #]" and find the "CommandUnitName=" and make sure you know which ship is the Group leader so if you change the name of the ship, you make the Command Unit name match the new ship name. The CommandUnitName is usually the [Group #. Unit 1] but I do not know if it has to be, buy it always has been for the missions I have looked at.

1. Classname= to match Classname in the Roster.
2. Name= to match the Displayname in the Roster, but if you replace 3 DDs with a _JP DD Fubuki number them _JP DD Fubuki#1, _JP DD Fubuki#2, _JP DD Fubuki#3. Check with "Find" to see if there are already some _JP DD Fubuki#1 in the mission. It may not be necessary but it sure makes things easier. I have played mission with ships having the same names and it didn't seem to cause a problem, but it is makes it easier to keep track of in the mission editor.
3. Make sure the "Type=" and "Origin=" match the Roster.

That should work unless I am forgetting something.

Peabody

System Spec: Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3, PentiumD Dual Core Presler 945 3.4Ghz, Gigabyte Geforce 7600GS, 2-1GB Corsair XMS2 800Mhz in Dual Channel, 2-WD 250 SATA 3Gb/s, Onboard Realtek HD 7.1 Audio, DVD ROM, DVD burner, Hiper 580 Watt Power supply, WinXP SP2.