SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 12-17-07, 03:51 PM   #46
hyperion2206
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 8
Uploads: 0

I use TM and RSRDC and so far I don't have any trouble with SCAF for Foofighters RM + TM 1.7.2, so I guess it's safe to use.

hyperion2206 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-07, 06:55 AM   #47
DrBeast
The Old Man

Downloads: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnScurvy
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrBeast
I really hate asking for stuff, but could it be possible to make an RSRDC-compatible version of this mod as well? Pretty please with extra beer on the house?
Yes, I plan to, maybe nothing much to it at all. I will have to look.

This mod as written works equally well with the 1.3 patch. Again, watch what you combine it with. As Dad used to tell us when he had chef suprise (beef tongue or head cheese to name a couple) "There ain't nothin' in there that`ill hurt you".
Like I said yesterday, I hate to ask for stuff, so I decided to take a peek at the files and see what needs to be done, both with regards to 1.3 compatibility and making it RSRDC-compatible. For the first issue, one just needs to copy over the changes to rec manual layout from menu_1024.ini and omit all the new entries introduced with 1.4, and also change a couple of lines in menu.txt (mast becomes funnel/structure). Pretty easy, done that already. As for RSRDC, I took notice of which files this mod would overwrite if I installed on top of RSRDC. I then checked out those files (all .cfg, by the way), and copied over only the mast height differences from this mod to the RSRDC files, leaving everything else intact (some small variations in width, length, displacement and speed, as well as air groups). Seems to work ok. If lurker is ok with it, I can submit you an RSRDC-ready version to save you from the hassle

Let the Beast inside you free!
DrBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-07, 11:16 PM   #48
black1
Ensign

Downloads: 6

Hello Capnscurvy, write now i use 1.4ROW, T.M.1.7.2,RSRDC118 for T.M. Which version of your mod should i use and what order should it all be in, at the moment that is the order my mods are in. Thanks mate i appreciate your hard work.
black1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-07, 12:05 AM   #49
lurker_hlb3
Admiral

Downloads: 187
Uploads: 12

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I really hate asking for stuff, but could it be possible to make an RSRDC-compatible version of this mod as well? Pretty please with extra beer on the house?
Yes, I plan to, maybe nothing much to it at all. I will have to look.

This mod as written works equally well with the 1.3 patch. Again, watch what you combine it with. As Dad used to tell us when he had chef suprise (beef tongue or head cheese to name a couple) "There ain't nothin' in there that`ill hurt you".
Like I said yesterday, I hate to ask for stuff, so I decided to take a peek at the files and see what needs to be done, both with regards to 1.3 compatibility and making it RSRDC-compatible. For the first issue, one just needs to copy over the changes to rec manual layout from menu_1024.ini and omit all the new entries introduced with 1.4, and also change a couple of lines in menu.txt (mast becomes funnel/structure). Pretty easy, done that already. As for RSRDC, I took notice of which files this mod would overwrite if I installed on top of RSRDC. I then checked out those files (all .cfg, by the way), and copied over only the mast height differences from this mod to the RSRDC files, leaving everything else intact (some small variations in width, length, displacement and speed, as well as air groups). Seems to work ok. If lurker is ok with it, I can submit you an RSRDC-ready version to save you from the hassle

I've do problem but RSRDC P2 will be out shortly and you may want to wait
lurker_hlb3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-07, 06:00 AM   #50
DrBeast
The Old Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurker_hlb3
Quote:
If lurker is ok with it, I can submit you an RSRDC-ready version to save you from the hassle
I've no problem but RSRDC P2 will be out shortly and you may want to wait
Cheers for the green light Here's what I think: since I'll be away from the forum for a couple of weeks, I'll submit all the stuff I've done so far (for P1) to CapnScurvy. Hopefully, by the time I'm back, P2 will be out and I'll check it out as well.

Old 12-19-07, 04:17 PM   #51
java`s revenge
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 97

Great fix!!!
Thanks a lot. Hitting is indeed much better now.
Old 12-19-07, 10:57 PM   #52
CapnScurvy
Admiral

Downloads: 474
Uploads: 64

Thanks to all for the help on this. What I usually do is give the files my mod alters a good check and simply overwrite the previous modded files with what my mod needs to correct. In the case of the ship.cfg files, I just change the Mast Height values leaving alone whatever another mod has changed. The same for the menu_1024_768.ini or menu.txt files. I only ask to load my mod last, so another mod won't overwrite my moifications (unless they took the time to carry over my alterations).

Quote:
Originally Posted by black1
i use 1.4ROW, T.M.1.7.2,RSRDC118 for T.M. Which version of your mod should i use and what order should it all be in, at the moment that is the order my mods are in.
For now using the SCAF for TM 1.7.2 will be a good match for the RSRDC 118 mod. As you probably know, load TM 1.7.2, then RSRDC, then SCAF for TM 1.7.2. Row shouldn't make much difference when it loads. Some of the RSRDC ship classes won't be included in my mast height changes so use the Stadimeter as you would the stock SH4. The pictures in the Recognition Manual will guide you, those having the reference points highlighted in red have been changed. Those pixs that have no red markings should be manually checked like you would with the stock game. I'll be looking to see what I can do about making an edition specifically compatible for TM 1.7.2 and RSRDC soon.

The HMS Shannon vs. USS Chesapeake outside Boston Harbor June 1, 1813

USS Chesapeake Captain James Lawrence lay mortally wounded...
Quote:
.."tell the men to fire faster, fight 'till she sinks,..boys don't give up the ship!"
CapnScurvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-07, 08:59 AM   #53
black1
Ensign

Great thank you mate.
black1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-07, 08:15 AM   #54
DrBeast
The Old Man

CapnScurvy, I was reading through this thread, where it's mentioned that the draft values of some ships seem to have been broken with patch 1.4, and I'm wondering: since your mod deals with .cfg files, can you check that thread out and possibly merge the changes proposed in there with this here mod? I'd do it myself if I weren't leaving for christmas vacations to my parent's place, where I won't have a computer.
Cheers and happy holidays! See ya in a couple of weeks!

Old 12-24-07, 04:57 PM   #55
CapnScurvy
Admiral

I have released the latest editions of Ship_Centered_Accuracy_Fix for Run Silent, Run Deep Campaign_P2 versions 200 and 220. You will find a link at the first post of this thread. The SCAF editions have no compatibility problems with the Dec 21 and 22 released patch's by Lurker.

Happy Holidays everyone, Merry Christmas to you all!!

Quote:
.."tell the men to fire faster, fight 'till she sinks,..boys don't give up the ship!"
Old 12-24-07, 05:17 PM   #56
FooFighters
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 16

Hey Capn,

More work to do, just checked Duci's TM patch 1.7.4.
He added 2 German boats to the roster.

I will begin fixing the Rec manual after christmas.
This time with the 2 missing boats and with Duci's added ships.
And afcourse a clean menu.ini file

This forum is not the same without you Dave.. we'll miss you buddy
FooFighters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-07, 09:11 PM   #57
Doolittle81
Commodore

Quote:
I have released the latest editions of Ship_Centered_Accuracy_Fix for Run Silent, Run Deep Campaign_P2 versions 200 and 220. You will find a link at the first post of this thread. The SCAF editions have no compatibility problems with the Dec 21 and 22 released patch's by Lurker.

Happy Holidays everyone, Merry Christmas to you all!!
When I try to enable your SCAF, I get these announcements:

Quote:
"menu_1024_768.ini" has already been altered by the "ClassicBetterScopes_NomoGraph_MiniChrono" mod.
Folder "Data\Sea\NAGB" has already been added by the "RSRDC_P2_v200" mod.
"NAGB.cfg" has already been altered by the "RSRDC_P2_v200" mod.
"NAGB_sil.dds" has already been altered by the "RSRDC_P2_v200" mod.
Folder "Data\Sea\NAPD_Clemson" has already been added by the "RSRDC_P2_v200" mod.
"NAPD_Clemson.cfg" has already been altered by the "RSRDC_P2_v200" mod.
"NAPD_Clemson_sil.dds" has already been altered by the "RSRDC_P2_v200" mod.
Folder "Data\Sea\NAuxCru" has already been added by the "RSRDC_P2_v200" mod.
"NAuxCru.cfg" has already been altered by the "RSRDC_P2_v200" mod.
"NAuxCru_sil.dds" has already been altered by the "RSRDC_P2_v200" mod.
Should I just ignore and procede to enable your SCAF?
Doolittle81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-07, 09:33 PM   #58
ATR-42
Commodore

Downloads: 20
Uploads: 6

CaptScurvy,
This mod makes manual targeting much more of a science than a guessing game, nice job with it.

ATR-42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-07, 10:21 PM   #59
CapnScurvy
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foofighters
Hey Capn,
More work to do, just checked Duci's TM patch 1.7.4.
He added 2 German boats to the roster.

I will begin fixing the Rec manual after christmas.
This time with the 2 missing boats and with Duci's added ships.
Yep, I saw them too. The TM 1.7.4 may be official in a bit, so I think I'll enjoy the holiday away from the computer. There's always something to keep up with. Have a Merry Christmas Dennis!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doolittle81
When I try to enable your SCAF, I get these announcements:

Quote:
"menu_1024_768.ini" has already been altered by the "ClassicBetterScopes_NomoGraph_MiniChrono" mod.
Folder "Data\Sea\NAGB" has already been added by the "RSRDC_P2_v200" mod.
Should I just ignore and procede to enable your SCAF?
Yes, ignore this warning and select the "Yes" button. I have explained the "where for's and the how come's" with the included SCAF Readme.txt. It's basically a JSGME warning that those particular files have already been changed (by whatever mod that has been loaded first). Even if the next activated file is exactly the same as the first, JSGME will make it appear that the new file will blow your computer to bits if you activate it. That's well and good if the modder of the second file isn't paying attention to what he is building upon. But, I take great pains to lose nothing of the first modded files, and build my changes along with them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATR-42
This mod makes manual targeting much more of a science than a guessing game, nice job with it.
Thank you ATR, have a happy holiday.

Quote:
Old 12-25-07, 01:12 PM   #60
Doolittle81
Commodore

Quote:
....It's basically a JSGME warning that those particular files have already been changed (by whatever mod that has been loaded first). Even if the next activated file is exactly the same as the first, JSGME will make it appear that the new file will blow your computer to bits if you activate it. That's well and good if the modder of the second file isn't paying attention to what he is building upon. ...
Ahhh! Thanks for the explanation!

Merry Christmas!
Doolittle81 is offline   Reply With Quote