SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 12-06-07, 09:25 AM   #31
CapnScurvy
Admiral

Downloads: 474
Uploads: 64

First up

Quote:
By Doolittle81

Thanks...I didn't read the small print in the Foo thread...I apologize.
No need to apologize around here. The worst question you could have is the one you don't ask!

Quote:
By Foofighters

It's compatible, There is just one slight problem.
If you use mods like TM and RDRSC you will have some new added ships that does not have these new mast heights
I have been working with both Trigger Maru and Real Fleet Boat to make the range correction compatible for both. The different approachs for their respective mods has caused me to tweak the pictures or move the text or change the text a bit. All cosmetic, the same basic reference point changes work equally well for the two. Both are working on new releases and my mod should work right in.

As far as one mod being compatible with another it just depends which files are different and which are the same. AND which mod gets loaded last. If two mods change the same file (although the changes were in different areas of the file), the last mod to be loaded will overwrite the other erasing the first mods part of the file. This is why I elected to use the JTxE.exe enabler by Jimimadrid which can change pieces of the same file without overwriting the rest. I'm planning to start a new thread regarding JTxE and its benifits to modding so I really don't want to get too involved, but its the next best thing for us to use.

Quote:
By Hyperion2206

I tried to download your mod, but it only takes me to the filefront homepage.

EDIT: Funny, now it has worked.
Yep, thats happened to me several times on FileFront with other downloads. You will see the correct download page created for a second or two, but by the time you get your mouse moving the page changes to FileFronts home page. Going back to the url link will get you thru, but it may take a couple of tries. FileFront hiccups.

The HMS Shannon vs. USS Chesapeake outside Boston Harbor June 1, 1813

USS Chesapeake Captain James Lawrence lay mortally wounded...
Quote:
.."tell the men to fire faster, fight 'till she sinks,..boys don't give up the ship!"
CapnScurvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-07, 05:57 PM   #32
hyperion2206
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 8
Uploads: 0

Yes, filefront is a bit touchy at times. I really don want to put any pressure on you BUT...
do you know if your mod is compatible with TM 1.7.2 and FooBar's updated Recognition manual?

hyperion2206 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-07, 06:18 AM   #33
CapnScurvy
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyperion2206
do you know if your mod is compatible with TM 1.7.2 and FooBar's updated Recognition manual?
"Yesterday...December 7th,1941---a date which will live in infamy---" No better words could have described that day.

No, and yes Hyperion,
I wish to report that sadly the Ship_Centered_Accuracy_Fix did not become inbedded with the Trigger Maru 1.7.2 release.

Ducimus states: "ALso for now, i do not recommend anyone run ANY MODS with Tmaru 1.7, except maybe sub skins. The only mod i would recommend, is RSRD for Tmaru 1.7 if and when lurker_hlb3 makes a version compatible with both patch 1.4, and TM 1.7.

Since most mods are in a state of flux right now, i do not recommend running any mod in tandom with TMaru, this is also why in packaged more into it this time. This includes 90% of ROW at the moment. The only ROW mods i could recommend, is anything that is a DDS file. If its not a DDS file (IE, textures), id wait for Leovampire and company to make a 1.4 update."

Considering this, I am just as well not involved with the mod until other aspects shake out. Being the new kid on the block usually gets the evil-eye. So I proprose to wait one week for the community to take TM 1.7.2 out for a run and see what your game reports are. If their positive, I'll be happy to release my mod next Saturday. If not, you won't be playing TM anyway. I had sent my portion of S_C_A_F for TM to Ducimus so it's ready for release, but sitting on it for now would be the best thing for me and You. You can still download the stock game version to try and enjoy, but for now I will take the same approach as Ducimus and tell you don't run it with any other mods. My mod has started to use the JTxE utility, if all mods used it the tool should help in cross overlay of file changes that creates incompatibility.

As far as I know Real Fleet Boat will include S_C_A_F with their next release.

As far as Foofighters manual I have not looked at it just yet (other irons in the fire). I did download it and will check it today for compatibility. To best serve the wide range of mods and gamer interests. I think either having my mod inbedded into the supermods like TM or RFB, or having specific editions especially made for each is the best course. That includes a smaller mod like Foos Rec Manual.

Cheers

Quote:
.."tell the men to fire faster, fight 'till she sinks,..boys don't give up the ship!"

Last edited by CapnScurvy; 12-08-07 at 06:48 AM.
Old 12-08-07, 07:48 AM   #34
hyperion2206
Ace of the Deep

Thank you for your reply. Since I can't play SH4 without TM I just have to wait until it's safe to use your mod but I'm sure it will be worth the wait.
BTW: I love your tutorial on the AOB, now I frequently use your AOB calculator!

Old 12-08-07, 12:50 PM   #35
Webster
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:
Default [REQ] fix the auto targeting as well

can this be done for auto targetting as well for stock game 1.4 ?

the auto targetting of torps ends up with 95% of the time your hitting props and rudders of ships at 1000 range or more if not seeing the torp pass just behind the target.

im not sure what is the best "fix" for this, but it is something i wish could be corrected.

im not talking about ships speeding up or manuvering out of the torp path but rather the average target point seams to be the stern rather than midships.
Old 12-08-07, 01:29 PM   #36
CapnScurvy
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webster
the auto targetting of torps ends up with 95% of the time your hitting props and rudders of ships at 1000 range or more if not seeing the torp pass just behind the target.

im not sure what is the best "fix" for this, but it is something i wish could be corrected.
In my opinion, if it has to do with the computer finding the correct angle or speed I think we are out of luck. I have seen the samething with my tests of stationary ships and wondered why does'nt the torpedos line up straight to the front of the sub when the target is at 0 speed. I think the computer found aim is a smidgen off. I asked Maerean M about the pixel horizontal lines creating too much of a difference in range when pulling the Stadimeters waterline image over the periscope camera. He said that it was hard coded and they didn't think it was a parameter for us to use at this time. So maybe if we sweet talk the devs, they may consider opening up the computer found speed area for modification. At least maybe a report to them may correct it if there was another patch in store.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperion2206
Thank you very much! That stuff has been around for so long I didn't think anyone used it. Now that the Navigation Map has 50 unit measurements (meters or yards) instead of tenths of nm, I'm looking foward to revising the Tutorial for High Realism Play. AND I hope to make another AoB Calculator that can be downloaded with a PDF file so we can get a better resolution of the images. The .jpg images lose a lot of detail.

Quote:

Last edited by CapnScurvy; 12-08-07 at 01:44 PM.
Old 12-09-07, 06:47 AM   #37
hyperion2206
Ace of the Deep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnScurvy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperion2206
Thank you very much! That stuff has been around for so long I didn't think anyone used it. Now that the Navigation Map has 50 unit measurements (meters or yards) instead of tenths of nm, I'm looking foward to revising the Tutorial for High Realism Play. AND I hope to make another AoB Calculator that can be downloaded with a PDF file so we can get a better resolution of the images. The .jpg images lose a lot of detail.
I have to admit that I found your calculator by accident, but it's really helpful! I wish you good luck with the PDF version of it, a little more detail wouldn't hurt.

EDIT: I've seen that you uploaded a new version of your mod. Am I right when I think that your mod should only be used with SH4 1.4 aka "vanilla game"?

Old 12-09-07, 10:45 PM   #38
CapnScurvy
Admiral

Quote:
EDIT: I've seen that you uploaded a new version of your mod. Am I right when I think that your mod should only be used with SH4 1.4 aka "vanilla game"?
Yes, for now just use it by itself. I've started to look at how it will work with Foofighters Rec Manual and should have an edition that works in a day or two. And while I've been at it I will have one compatable for Trigger Maru 1.7.2 this weekend. I have wanted to see how the new TM is working out before I bring another mod to the table. AND the release of the latest Real Fleet Boat supermod will include it as well.

Cheers

Quote:
Old 12-10-07, 01:54 PM   #39
Doolittle81
Commodore

Downloads: 6

editing
Doolittle81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-07, 09:33 PM   #40
CapnScurvy
Admiral

I have revised the Ship_Centered_Accuracy_Fix to a 1.1 stock SH4 version. Extending the calibrated range distance to 1500 yards, adding 3 more ship classes to a total of 61, and removed the use of the second enabler (JTxE text merger) which proved to compete with JSGME (or JSGME competed too much with it?).

With this release I also added two editions of my mod specifically made to accompany the two mods "Foofighters Recognition Manual for stock SH4" and "Trigger Maru 1.7.2". These two editions are ment to be installed after their respective companion mods, and should work well. I have not attempted to consider compatability with the two mods when other mods are installed (except for a mod such as ROW, which deals only with graphic effects, there should be no problem with it. HOWEVER, I have heard that ROW may not be compatible with the 1.4 patch so there goes that theory). So be aware that mixing mods can be a tricky buisness. I took the time to incorporate their part with mine to blend them, making the installation as simple as I could.

Quote:

Last edited by CapnScurvy; 12-15-07 at 09:57 PM.
Old 12-16-07, 06:47 AM   #41
hyperion2206
Ace of the Deep

Thank you for your great work, but before I download it I got to ask a question:
I've TM 1.7.2 and FooFighters Recognition manual installed, so which version of your mod do I have to download?

Old 12-16-07, 04:31 PM   #42
CapnScurvy
Admiral

Quote:
Thank you for your great work, but before I download it I got to ask a question:
I've TM 1.7.2 and FooFighters Recognition manual installed, so which version of your mod do I have to download?
I have just uploaded the edition of SCAF that should work with the combination of
the two. The two editions that were posted on Filefront yesterday are specifically stand alone editions for those respective mods. When you wish to add SCAF to the two combined, I suggest you use the edition called "SCAF4FooRM+TM1.7.2" (the + is missing at the Filefront site, but you'll find the right one). Read the inclosed documentation for how to down load and use. Keep your fingers crossed too, I just don't like to have a mod, cover a mod, that covers a mod. Too many things have to be in a row in order for them to cooperate with each other.

Quote:
Old 12-16-07, 04:41 PM   #43
hyperion2206
Ace of the Deep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnScurvy
Quote:
I have just uploaded the edition of SCAF that should work with the combination of
the two. The two editions that were posted on Filefront yesterday are specifically stand alone editions for those respective mods. When you wish to add SCAF to the two combined, I suggest you use the edition called "SCAF4FooRM+TM1.7.2" (the + is missing at the Filefront site, but you'll find the right one). Read the inclosed documentation for how to down load and use. Keep your fingers crossed too, I just don't like to have a mod, cover a mod, that covers a mod. Too many things have to be in a row in order for them to cooperate with each other.
I can totally understand you and I'm impressed that you try to please everybody! To quote the BDU: "Keep up the good work!"

Old 12-17-07, 09:38 AM   #44
DrBeast
The Old Man

Downloads: 36

I really hate asking for stuff, but could it be possible to make an RSRDC-compatible version of this mod as well? Pretty please with extra beer on the house?

Also, since this is for patch 1.4, what needs to be done to make it 1.3-compatible? Are there only changes in menu_1024.ini involved?

Let the Beast inside you free!
DrBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-07, 11:57 AM   #45
CapnScurvy
Admiral

MY BAD!!!

Yesterday afternoon, when I released this SCAF for Foofighters RM + TM 1.7.2 mod I missed the correct ship pictures for the RM. We went out and on our return home at 9PM the electric had been off for an hour. Electricity returned at 6AM this morning with an overnite low of 14 degrees (-10c) so a make shift bed in front of the fire place got us thru. It wasn't till later I found my error. The corrected mod is at Filefront with the title "SCAF4FOORM4TM_1.7.2", dated Dec. 17.

One note though, Foofighters RM+TM1.7.2 does not contain the Parker patrol boats that TM 1.7.2 has. This kind of stuff is what I referred to when I spoke about mods covering mods, covering mods. The last mod activated is only as good as the previous mod. Its a simple mistake but Foofighter should be told.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrBeast
I really hate asking for stuff, but could it be possible to make an RSRDC-compatible version of this mod as well? Pretty please with extra beer on the house?
Yes, I plan to, maybe nothing much to it at all. I will have to look.

This mod as written works equally well with the 1.3 patch. Again, watch what you combine it with. As Dad used to tell us when he had chef suprise (beef tongue or head cheese to name a couple) "There ain't nothin' in there that`ill hurt you".

Quote: