SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 10-28-09, 01:18 AM   #136
theschell
Seaman

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

ty sir... and again... thanx for the support and interest...
theschell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-09, 01:44 AM   #137
keltos01
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 114
Uploads: 18

two of Chris's ships:

USS Connecticut Dreadnought

he doesn't thik they are that great ?

your friend needs glasses !

keltos

keltos01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-09, 01:46 AM   #138
keltos01
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 114
Uploads: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by theschell View Post
I just thought i would introduce myself... my name is Chris schell and i'm the modeller that Adm. Von Gerlach was refering... i also should mention that i've produced a lightship... i may be interested in helping out... pending further discussions on the matter... and thank-you for your interest...
Thank you Sir !

Great work there

Welcome to Subsim

keltos

keltos01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-09, 03:21 AM   #139
bill clarke
Captain

Downloads: 40

Would it be impolite to enquire how this project is going in terms of being almost finished
bill clarke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-09, 06:12 AM   #140
iambecomelife
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 297

Quote:
Ty Admiral... it's a pleasure to be aboard... theschell reporting for duty and ready to haul anchor sir!... lol... and ty for your vote of confidence with my models... i'm still trying to figure out how to reduce the poly counts without losing details... ugh... it's a long process with a steep learning curve...
Pleased to meet you - I'm honored!

Don't be concerned at all about the quality of your models - you seem to have a lot of experience modeling large surface units. I'm really impressed with what I've seen so far.

This mod, like all of my others, is going to be 100% freeware. There are no plans at all for me to receive any kind of payment. I would like to warn you, however, that in the past other modders have used my work in payware mods without permission. I will do everything in my power to make sure that this doesn't happen to our models this time around.

You will be credited and will retain all rights to your models. If you'd like a formal agreement, could you please draw it up and give it to me to review?

I am going to email you a document listing plans for the mod in more detail. A rough schedule for completion of the different phases is still being drawn up -I will distribute that to you and the other modders involved as soon as possible.

Someone asked how much of the mod was completed - at this point, no more than about 10%. SH4 has tentatively been chosen as the platform. The final version may be adapted for SH3 or even SH5 - my main concern is building up a library of WWI period vessels, scenery, and crewmember models. Once this is done, the project will gather steam rapidly, since the Silent Hunter games themselves provide such good platforms.

Again, thank you for your help.
iambecomelife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-09, 10:12 AM   #141
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 90

These ships are beautiful. I have seen many mods come out but I have to say this one is very very exciting...specifically seeing these ships of WW1.
Old 10-28-09, 12:20 PM   #142
KG_Jag
Bosun

Downloads: 35

I am enjoying following this work and look forward to seeing it progress.
KG_Jag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-09, 04:50 PM   #143
theschell
Seaman

lol... actually sir i've very little experience when it comes to computer 3d... i've only begun posting models about 7 months ago... and only truely been creating them for poser (my warship collection) for about 5 months... most of my experience comes from building plastic model kits... which i've been doing for well over 30 years... i now do large scale scratch builds for museum display... so i use alot of my plastic kits and model builds as reference... and then also have built a rather large library of actual photo's from the era to use as reference... i'm still learning this whole 3d thing... lol...

As for the usage... i shall contact you via site pm and we can discuss things a little further... i would alike an agreement in place as you say... so we can discuss and agree to terms... if i'm satisfied with terms then i'd in general be happy to allow for it...

Last edited by theschell; 10-28-09 at 05:15 PM.
Old 10-28-09, 05:04 PM   #144
theschell
Seaman

Ty Keltos... lmao... actually i'm kind of forced to wear a pair... i've been wearing glasses since i was 6... lol... being typical of my breed of artist i'm never quite happy with my work... i always seem to notice small details that could have been done better... and i really wish i could lower the poly count and keep the details... you can't really see them in the pics here but the access hatches even have the door-clasps modelled in... i may have over-done it a bit?... lol
Old 10-28-09, 05:54 PM   #145
theschell
Seaman

By the way... here is one of the best sites i've ever seen for information about different types of ww1 ships... they give class data, design data, names of ships in the class and even some basic deck-plans to work from... if you don't already use it as a reasource i highly rcomend it... i use it regularily for information when i build my museum display models...

http://www.worldwar1.co.uk/warship.html

If you need more reasources and references let me know and i'll see what i can do
Old 10-28-09, 06:43 PM   #146
iambecomelife
Silent Hunter

Quote:
By the way... here is one of the best sites i've ever seen for information about different types of ww1 ships... they give class data, design data, names of ships in the class and even some basic deck-plans to work from... if you don't already use it as a reasource i highly rcomend it... i use it regularily for information when i build my museum display models...

http://www.worldwar1.co.uk/warship.html

If you need more reasources and references let me know and i'll see what i can do
Thanks for your post. I did use this website when I was building "HMS Orion" and "HMS Defence" - unfortunately I'm no longer 100% satisfied with those models. I may use it once again to conduct revisions.

You have a PM; please check your box.
Old 10-28-09, 08:00 PM   #147
theschell
Seaman

There are some other excellent reasources as well which i'd be more than happy to provide....

http://www.navsource.org/archives/01/13a.htm
http://www.battleships-cruisers.co.uk/index.htm

these two site have extensive archives of old photos and postcard art of the ww1 combat ships of almost all classes from every major country during the war...
Old 10-28-09, 08:39 PM   #148
theschell
Seaman

ty for the pm and your response here iambecomelife... you're very welcome... if i can be of help with reference materials, information etc i'd be happy to help further... this seems like a worthy enterprise... i sent a reply and an second pm to you... let me know what you think and we'll work something out... no probs...
Old 10-28-09, 08:44 PM   #149
iambecomelife
Silent Hunter

Quote:
ty for the pm and your response here iambecomelife... you're very welcome... if i can be of help with reference materials, information etc i'd be happy to help further... this seems like a worthy enterprise... i sent a reply and an second pm to you... let me know what you think and we'll work something out... no probs...
Check your hotmail email address, please.

Thanks
Old 10-28-09, 09:07 PM   #150
theschell
Seaman

It may take some time to send those parts files to you, i'll have to zip up the 500+ mb of parts as seperate folders and send them to you 10mb at a time via email... they're in obj. format already as i use Hexagon from Daz Studios as my primary modelling program... my downloads are all complete with obj.s as this is the native file format for both Daz and Poser... they also come complete with textures and material zones set... though depending on what you do you may have to set new materials...

I'll see about starting to sort and prep them to send to you tommorrow or friday at the latest... so you should have them for the weekend... if all goes well... lol... when i start to parcel them up i'll make a list of the parts available and send it to you so you know what i'll be providing...