SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 05-26-11, 11:25 AM   #451
tonschk
Admiral

Downloads: 172
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoianm View Post
Hi,

With Pintea help i fixed the shallow water side efect:

Dynamic Environment Shallow Waters V2.1 Patch===> Link

regards
Fantastic Stoianm
Old 05-26-11, 01:49 PM   #452
Targor Avelany
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 225

very nice, guys! Love the mod (even though can't use all the nices parts and visuals - just don't have enough power in my computer)!
Targor Avelany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-11, 03:49 AM   #453
Rongel
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 174

Quote:
Originally Posted by gap View Post
Hi Rongel,
in real life, under the conditions of low sea turbidity and shallow waters, it is possible to see the seabottom through the water. Water color and seabottom color get blended, resulting in a bunch of different shades like in this picture taken in Mediterranean Sea, close to Lampedusa Island:

I think that TDW shader in conjunction with stoianm/Pintea fix reflect pretty well these conditions.
Indeed it is a matter of taste, but fron now on I will strongly suggest their use!
Nice picture Gap! It might be the largest image I've ever seen

I'll give this a new try, absolutely. One thing I found little annoying is that the harbour water seemed to be crystal clear, but I can imagine that in real life, the waters were in pretty nasty condition near the harbour. I believe that there is not much that can be done about this.

So this should also show the lower parts of the new imported ships through water? I had some trouble seeing them last time I tried.

I'll comment more when I have tested this
Rongel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-11, 04:05 AM   #454
SteelViking
The Old Man

Downloads: 86
Uploads: 4

Sadly, TDW's redone shader also shows the submarine at 180 meters when viewed from the surface. Just saw this earlier.

He sank 198,650 tons....who you ask?....Erich Topp, that's who!
SteelViking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-11, 11:11 AM   #455
tonschk
Admiral

Downloads: 172

Thank you very much Stoianm for your Excellent work with this Dynamic environmental SH5 , this is just a detail I have found, do you think is possible to adjust the algae to touch the bottom ?, thank you

Old 05-28-11, 11:14 AM   #456
stoianm
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 833
Uploads: 11

nope... i do not know how to fix that... ... move your camera on another position and they will look like stuck on the ground

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonschk View Post
Thank you very much Stoianm for your Excellent work with this Dynamic environmental SH5 , this is just a detail I have found, do you think is possible to adjust the algae to touch the bottom ?, thank you

stoianm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-11, 11:56 AM   #457
7thSeal
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 199

Quote:
nope... i do not know how to fix that... ... move your camera on another position and they will look like stuck on the ground
Yeah, this is a stock issue when moving camera underwater the game has to catchup. It fixes itself after awhile, if you continue using free cam.
7thSeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-11, 03:59 PM   #458
mr.artur_96
Loader

Downloads: 209

I have noticed one issue. Actually I'm going to narvik ( 03.1940 ) and weather reports say the wind speed is 11 m/s BUT sea is calm like it would be 1 m/s.
mr.artur_96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-11, 10:05 PM   #459
stoianm
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.artur_96 View Post
I have noticed one issue. Actually I'm going to narvik ( 03.1940 ) and weather reports say the wind speed is 11 m/s BUT sea is calm like it would be 1 m/s.
yep... it is a game and a mod bug in same time.... after a while will report normal... when the weather type will change... this is the weather that you had before you saved the game... apears when you save and reload the save... not all the time... somethime
Old 06-05-11, 10:17 PM   #460
kiwi_2005
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 223
Uploads: 1

I haven't read the whole thread so this bug if its a bug might be solved - when ever I hit amid ships it goes back to zero but the boat slowly moves to the left or right depend on what I was doing - if I was turning right then hit amid ships, boat will go to zero & then start moving to the right even though the arrow is on the 0. When in high time compression the boat moves left & right - zig zagging

Will upload a picture of my mods setup as I think some other mod might be conflicting with the dynamic mod but which one!. This only started happening since I installed the dynamic mod.

Edit: heres the list - I can't go on patrol until I figure whats the problem (well I still can but its a mission trying to keep the boat on course lol)

Those who can't laugh at themselves leave the job to others.

Last edited by kiwi_2005; 06-05-11 at 10:32 PM.
kiwi_2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-11, 11:33 PM   #461
stoianm
Ocean Warrior

I think the problem is from the sim file.... try to install this mod from here:

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/down...o=file&id=3208 (does not matter wich version) and try to see if you have this problem again.... i did not used .sim files in my mod so i am almoust sure is not from this mod... so installl that mod at the end of your mod list and tell me if you still have that problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwi_2005 View Post
I haven't read the whole thread so this bug if its a bug might be solved - when ever I hit amid ships it goes back to zero but the boat slowly moves to the left or right depend on what I was doing - if I was turning right then hit amid ships, boat will go to zero & then start moving to the right even though the arrow is on the 0. When in high time compression the boat moves left & right - zig zagging

Will upload a picture of my mods setup as I think some other mod might be conflicting with the dynamic mod but which one!. This only started happening since I installed the dynamic mod.

Edit: heres the list - I can't go on patrol until I figure whats the problem (well I still can but its a mission trying to keep the boat on course lol)
Old 06-06-11, 12:09 AM   #462
kiwi_2005
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 223
Uploads: 1

Quote:
I think the problem is from the sim file.... try to install this mod from here:

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/down...o=file&id=3208 (does not matter wich version) and try to see if you have this problem again.... i did not used .sim files in my mod so i am almoust sure is not from this mod... so installl that mod at the end of your mod list and tell me if you still have that problem
That mod fixed the problem, thanks very much stoianm

Those who can't laugh at themselves leave the job to others.

kiwi_2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-11, 12:24 AM   #463
stoianm
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwi_2005 View Post
That mod fixed the problem, thanks very much stoianm
wlk
Old 06-29-11, 07:05 AM   #464
Sepp von Ch.
Sea Lord

Downloads: 788

Hello stoianm,

I use your mod since the publication, tested it for a long time and in the different places (Atlantik, Mediterranean Sea) and in my opinion would be good to change the underwater visibility. My U-boot is below the surface clearly visible even at depths of several meters. OK is it still in Mediteranean Sea, but in Atlantik? I've sailed 2 x in the Atlantic in reality and I have ever seen such clear /transparent/ water.

Otherwise your mod really great! Many thanks!
Sepp von Ch. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-11, 07:23 AM   #465
stoianm
Ocean Warrior

it is because of the optional dynamic shallow water... disable that one and see if you like more
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josef von Posorschitz View Post
Hello stoianm,

I use your mod since the publication, tested it for a long time and in the different places (Atlantik, Mediterranean Sea) and in my opinion would be good to change the underwater visibility. My U-boot is below the surface clearly visible even at depths of several meters. OK is it still in Mediteranean Sea, but in Atlantik? I've sailed 2 x in the Atlantic in reality and I have ever seen such clear /transparent/ water.

Otherwise your mod really great! Many thanks!