SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-04-12, 04:58 PM   #841
BIGREG
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 155
Uploads: 0

Thank TDW , I get try that

I work right now on the TDC, I reduce the size of the needles to go with the gauges and I wanted to know if you've managed to add a function "move: meshes + bones at the same time"
Because it is long enough to find the two positions
For the old version, I noticed that the original textures UVW 1024 * 1024, were saved in 1024 * 1002, while exporting

Well I'll go try the new version

Edit : I just tried quickly, always the same problem of UVW map size,when saving
original texture 1024 * 1024 result = 1024 * 1002 or 1024 * 1006
otherwise there is no more error, when export UVW
and thank for the up/down numpad keys

"Better watch where you do not go, because where were going, we will know what it is when we get there, and anyway, it will never be only water."

Proverbe Shadok

Last edited by BIGREG; 03-04-12 at 05:39 PM.
BIGREG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-12, 06:51 PM   #842
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGREG View Post
I work right now on the TDC, I reduce the size of the needles to go with the gauges and I wanted to know if you've managed to add a function "move: meshes + bones at the same time"

For the old version, I noticed that the original textures UVW 1024 * 1024, were saved in 1024 * 1002, while exporting
No I haven't coded anything to move multiple items at same time. I'm currently brainstorming on how to code something like this.

This texture problem you speak of, I need to know what steps you did (what texture you selected/viewed, how did you save it, etc.) so I can do the same to see what's going on.

Changed how the rendering of texture coordinates is being done. In previous versions if you had some faces selected it only showed the selected faces when you asked for the texture coordinates to be rendered. If you had no faces selected then it rendered all the texture coordinates. Now if you have faces selected it will first render the selected faces in solid with the selected faces color and then render all the other texture coordinates:

This way you can see what the total big picture is.

Finished adding all the tooltips.
Removed the screenshot box from the misc tab. Now when you ask for a screenshot to be saved you select the format to save as from the save dialog box.
Texture coordinate windows/materials windows: when you elect to save the window and you want to save only the render window it will now ask you if you want to save in native size or the current render window size. This way you don't have to expand the window to native size before saving (it tells you what the native size and current size are when it asks you).
Fixed bug where the title bar of the app was reporting the incorrect render window size
Added 9 and 3 to the help menu for camera movement
FillMode tab: Selected-->Faces Clear button now is only active (enabled) when there are faces selected of the selected mesh

test version 1.1.87.0 available here: http://www.mediafire.com/?8vks0ok2vksa4o9

Last edited by TheDarkWraith; 03-04-12 at 07:19 PM.
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-12, 12:49 AM   #843
BIGREG
Grey Wolf

Hi

For the problem of size maps UVW is when exporting UVW of the TDC in the conning tower, after having double clicked on the window bottom right, for the real size, save in various formats including JPEG, dds, png ...
But still the saved maps in 1024*1002 or 1024 *1006
It's not too bad (just resize the maps), but he must know, for not having error calibrations of textures

Edit : with the test version 1.1.87.0 the UVW maps are good
and with the faces selection is easy to find the good locations

"Better watch where you do not go, because where were going, we will know what it is when we get there, and anyway, it will never be only water."

Proverbe Shadok

Last edited by BIGREG; 03-05-12 at 01:18 AM.
Old 03-05-12, 01:09 AM   #844
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Hi

For the problem of size maps UVW is when exporting UVW of the TDC in the conning tower, after having double clicked on the window bottom right, for the real size, save in various formats including JPEG, dds, png ...
But still the saved maps in 1024*1002 or 1024 *1006
It's not too bad (just resize the maps), but he must know, for not having error calibrations of textures
I'll look into this

Enabled the opacity for selected faces. Default opacity is 122 (50% transparent)
When you render texture coordinates that have selected faces it asks you if you want to render only the selected face's textures coordinates or everything.
Added near and far clip planes to camera tab. Camera's near clip plane default value is now 0.001 (was 0.1). @BIGREG - your disappearing meshes problem should be no more but if so make this value smaller
Added Bone bindings to meshes treeview. Each mesh now shows it's bone bindings. When the bone binding is checked then the mesh is bound to the bone - any changes in position or rotation of bone are reflected in mesh. NOTE: due to meshes and bones possibly having different rotation axis strange rotations can happen to meshes when they are bound to a bone and you rotate a bone. My advice: don't rotate bone when mesh is bound to it

To bind mesh to bone:
- go to meshes treeview and select mesh
- expand it
- go to Bone bindings and expand it
- select the bone binding by checking it
- go to bones tab
- click on show bones (check it)
- select bone that mesh is bound to

To unbind mesh from bone:
- go to meshes treeview and select mesh
- expand it
- go to bone bindings and expand it
- deselect bone binding by unchecking it

Here I bound the needle_B04 mesh to needle_B04 bone in Room_CT and moved the bone. You see the mesh moved with it:

test version 1.1.89.0 available here: http://www.mediafire.com/?zyrs3ucu2brqg2t
Old 03-05-12, 01:20 AM   #845
BIGREG
Grey Wolf

Merci TDW

I get try this tonight i must to go working

Proverbe Shadok
Old 03-05-12, 02:04 PM   #846
BIGREG
Grey Wolf

Hi TDW

Voici mon rapport

Simply amazing !
You're a God ! since you do miracles !
Super Zoom ! Selection by face! export UVW perfect ! Binding meshes+bones ! translate with mouse work perfect etc...

Still a few things

- I have succeeded the mesh-bone connection, but unable to open the menu of the selected mesh after double click on the mesh (with the "origin" "show" removed), in the menu no longer displays (i can't not more rescale my needles )

Why the boxes to the position, rotation, scale. still grayed in the menu Meshes

-The keyboard keys in meshes menu : R (otation)-T (ranslate)-Z (axis) do not work (Z sends to the backup menu UVW)

-Could you add a key (like shift) to soften or adjust the speed (or length) of displacement on the mouse and keys (often I find myself between "two displacements" and the mouse movement is super amplified (even at smaller dpi on my mouse)

Here I go again tortured your great software (and in addition, very small in size, Less than one MO!) Incredible !

Proverbe Shadok

Last edited by BIGREG; 03-05-12 at 02:44 PM.
Old 03-05-12, 03:39 PM   #847
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
I have succeeded the mesh-bone connection, but unable to open the menu of the selected mesh after double click on the mesh (with the "origin" "show" removed), in the menu no longer displays (i can't not more rescale my needles )

If you have Show checked for the bones you will not be able to select the mesh and thus not able to edit it. Uncheck Show for bones (under Bones tab) then reselect the mesh in the meshes treeview. You'll know when the mesh is selected as the second from the bottom status line will say 'Mesh x'

Why the boxes to the position, rotation, scale. still grayed in the menu Meshes

Not until the mesh is selected will they be enabled. You can only select the mesh when the Show is not checked for Bones (under Bones tab). Uncheck Show for bones (under Bones tab) then reselect the mesh in the meshes treeview. You'll know when the mesh is selected as the second from the bottom status line will say 'Mesh x'

-The keyboard keys in meshes menu : R (otation)-T (ranslate)-Z (axis) do not work (Z sends to the backup menu UVW)

The keys R(otate), T(ranslate), S(cale), X, Y, and Z do not work until camera is locked (C key)

-Could you add a key (like shift) to soften or adjust the speed (or length) of displacement on the mouse and keys (often I find myself between "two displacements" and the mouse movement is super amplified (even at smaller dpi on my mouse)

That is something I am currently working on today
See above in yellow
Old 03-05-12, 04:51 PM   #848
BIGREG
Grey Wolf

Thank

Ok all work ,just i have some time ,freeze view screen and the menu work

Proverbe Shadok
Old 03-05-12, 05:35 PM   #849
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Ok all work ,just i have some time ,freeze view screen and the menu work
Don't understand
Old 03-05-12, 06:20 PM   #850
BIGREG
Grey Wolf

The main view screen freezes impossible to move, but the menus work, even when leaving the backup works

Proverbe Shadok
Old 03-05-12, 10:17 PM   #851
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
The main view screen freezes impossible to move, but the menus work, even when leaving the backup works
when that happens click the status tab and see what it says. If it says a rendering error or something like that I need to know what you did before the screen froze to cause the rendering error.
Old 03-07-12, 06:19 PM   #852
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

test version 1.1.91.0 available here: http://www.mediafire.com/?nbu277calxx7poo

Under the camera tab you can now specify the movement speed for the unlocked and locked camera.

Direct input is now being used for keyboard input vice window's functions

Under the misc tab you can now specify the repeat speed for when a key is held down

Pressing shift will activate the other movement speed for the locked/unlocked

Last edited by TheDarkWraith; 03-07-12 at 08:06 PM.
Old 03-08-12, 04:22 PM   #853
BIGREG
Grey Wolf

Hi TDW

It is a pleasure, to move with the new version , thank you again

Proverbe Shadok
Old 03-08-12, 09:02 PM   #854
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Looks kinda cool doesn't it?

I just finished coding the ability to select new textures for the materials Here I selected a new texture for the material selected in the materials treeview (cfg#TXRStructuri). Here's how it works:
In the materials tab in the materials treeview the only thing you can select (currently) is Texture. If that node is checked and you double click it then you get to select new texture for it. If it is not checked and you double click it it will show you the current texture (via a render texture window - just like the meshes when you double click the materials for them).

Just a few more things to do with it then a new test version will be available

Last edited by TheDarkWraith; 03-08-12 at 09:23 PM.
Old 03-08-12, 09:35 PM   #855
pedrobas
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 301

Better and better every day, you´re great.
pedrobas is offline   Reply With Quote