SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Current crop of subsims & naval games > Wolfpack
Forget password? Reset here

Old 09-01-17, 11:22 AM   #1
Thymo
Nub

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Amazing work! Can't wait until we see a release (but do take your time).

What are your guys' plans on simulating electrical systems on board? Will we have to replace blown fuses after we get hit by depth charges. And what about broken systems in general? Will it just be simple option to repair a thing or do we actually have to replace parts My Summer Car style?
Thymo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-17, 05:19 AM   #2
iambecomelife
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 297

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thymo View Post

What are your guys' plans on simulating electrical systems on board? Will we have to replace blown fuses after we get hit by depth charges. And what about broken systems in general? Will it just be simple option to repair a thing or do we actually have to replace parts My Summer Car style?
I second that! Also, I hope that repairs at sea are more makeshift than in other subsims - I think it should be extremely hard to restore damaged subsystems back to 100% outside of a dockyard. Great work so far.
iambecomelife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-17, 12:32 PM   #3
Napalm42
Watch

Downloads: 63

Looking great so far guys! So different from the super early build I played back when it was Marulken, but different in a direction I like!
Napalm42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-17, 01:17 AM   #4
B_K
Bosun

Downloads: 63

Hello! Good work! However I noticed that you blow ballast with vents open :-) That may not work :-) I have another suggestion - the boat definetely needs to be more inert, more "heavier". 30 seconds for submerging is absolute minimum at flank speed, and far more from a full stop.
B_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-17, 09:13 PM   #5
Usurpator
Wolfpack Dev Team

Downloads: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by B_K View Post
Hello! Good work! However I noticed that you blow ballast with vents open :-) That may not work :-) I have another suggestion - the boat definetely needs to be more inert, more "heavier". 30 seconds for submerging is absolute minimum at flank speed, and far more from a full stop.
Thanks! You are correct, we wasted a lot of compressed air making that video

You are right that the boat should have more inertia, and take longer to dive. We are still experimenting with weights and forces.
Usurpator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-17, 06:28 PM   #6
NightFromTheWest12
Watch

Downloads: 1

Can't wait to try this baby out!
Old 09-10-17, 12:09 PM   #7
Pikes
Seaman

Downloads: 42

Ahhh, this is going down the right line. Something with some complexity, forcing people to work together as a team.

As long as it has some difficulty sliders we can keep everyone happy. I'm a 100% realism guy but appreciate the 80% guys wanting to play too.

The detail looked fantastic, keep it up!!!
Pikes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-17, 09:10 PM   #8
Usurpator
Wolfpack Dev Team

Downloads: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thymo View Post

Currently the only electrical system we simulate is the fact that the uboat can charge and discharge the battery.

We don't have a damage model for the uboat. We might build one in the future, for instance the periscope or rudder might get damaged, but you won't be able to repair damage during the mission.

Replacing broken fuses and doing repair/maintenance work is not really a tactical decition. We want to minimize the ammount of chores the players have to do, and focus more on strategy, tactics and teamplay.
Usurpator is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hms marulken, subsim, u-boat, usurpator, wolfpack