SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop > SH4 Mission Designers' Forum
Forget password? Reset here

Old 08-28-12, 12:13 PM   #1
iowa101
Commodore

Downloads: 199
Uploads: 0
SHO Merchant Navy

I want to create a campaign for my next mod, I'm adding a playable and AI container vessel that I wanted to use as the ship in a massive campaign. As we all know the war was fought against shipping to stop supplies reaching allied or axis countries. The Idea of this Campaign is to travel all over the world delivering supplies, troops and weapons to any country depending on what side you choose, Allied or Axis. Most patrols or routes in this case will consist of the player choosing the best route, avoiding enemy ships, evading air patrols and delivering to several ports during a patrol or route.

The list below is what I hope to Accomplish:

1. Campaign:
The campaign will last for around 40 patrols (Routes) that will have the player deliver goods, ammo+ weapons, troops, vehicles and even evacuate troops from current battle areas. The Campaign will hopefully be difficult and interesting to play, more enemy patrols, more air patrols and more storms and weather conditions to enjoy.

2. Routes:
The routes (Patrols) will take the player from their home port (Allied = Portsmouth, Axis = Gotenhafen) across the world, there wont be a port you wont visit at some point along the way. Most routes will have you visit 3-4 ports before returning to home port.

3. Renown:
Because of being a merchant ship I'm hoping to implement a renown system that will allow the player to at least put together a better and more efficient crew as damage will be a part of the job. Also the renown will hopefully allow for better radar systems.

4. Ship:
The ship the player will use is a large Container Vessel, it will have small defenses against enemy Air and Ship patrols. The ship will have 6 phalanx anti-air guns, and a single turret like the one you find on a Submarine to give you a small fighting chance when it comes to smaller targets.

I don't know how to make a campaign and so I'm asking for those who are experienced in them to help me with getting the campaign started. Please lend me some support

"A good Navy is not a provocation to war. It is the surest guaranty of peace."
iowa101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-12, 02:35 PM   #2
LtzS_Petersen
Captain

Downloads: 111
Uploads: 0

Mmm, WWII Ports of Call 3D.
But... Containerships were developed in the 50th, most of the Freighters load break bulk Cargo, like boxes in different size and Barrels and so on, till the 70th. Than the rise of the Container began.
And Phalanx isnt an Option, i think. Flak o.k..
There were many fine Ship models in SH4. And a Containership has an ugly shape in Comparisation with them and dont fit in this Time.
This is a lot of work, it is difficould enough to make an AI Ship playable. Have you tried this? Oh, i see. You are experienced, thats o.k..
But interesting plan, like Flightsimulator vs IL2 Sturmovik.
LtzS_Petersen is offline   Reply With Quote